PCS PulseWorx UPB Gateway
All-In-One UPB Interface for Remote Access
Featuring a built-in IP web server as well as a Timed Event Controller, the PCS PulseWorx Gateway is an all-in-one UPB interface that enables remote access to a UPB network through any web-enabled device, such as your smartphone, tablet, or PC. The interface connects your UPB network to a free mobile app, giving end-users remote control from anywhere. The UPB interface also gives installers remote programming capabilities through the app by connecting to UPStart Configuration Software. From system programming to turning lights On/Off, the PCS PulseWorx Gateway gives you remote control for everything UPB.
- Enables IP remote control for a UPB network
- Connects to free app for iOS, Android, and Windows
- Allows up to 8 simultaneous user connections
- Built-in scheduler stores up to 256 events
- Works even if Internet goes down
- Compatible with UPStart 8.0 Build 1 or higher
The PulseWorx Gateway is compatible with all UPB devices, including PCS and third-party products. The UPB interface plugs into a standard power outlet and connects to your network via Cat5 cable. UPB signals are boosted for long-distance transmission, allowing you to locate the Gateway anywhere in your home.
Built-In Timed Event Controller
No longer do you need to combine the PCS Timed Event Controller (TEC) with a PCS Interface Module (PIM), because this UPB interface has the timer built right in. The Gateway's integrated astronomical timer allows you to schedule up to 256 events over four different time schedules. Schedules can be weekly (7-day) or according to a 5-year calendar. The calendar option is perfect for creating special holiday and vacation schedules.
About the Free Mobile App
The free mobile app for iOS, Android, and the Microsoft Surface Pro provides an intuitive graphical user interface where you can check status and control your entire UPB network remotely. Virtual keypads allow end-users to remotely "push" buttons to control scenes and devices, as if they were using physical keypads. You can also access different rooms, as well as the built-in timer's scheduling features. Additionally, installers can use the app to create, view, or change programming through the UPStart configuration software. The firmware can also be updated remotely.
Gateway App Screenshots
More Info for Installers
Designed to support installers who manage several UPB networks for their clients, the PulseWorx Gateway works in conjunction with the PCS "connection catalog" which allows you to easily choose from a list of different locations/clients and connect to that location's Gateway. Once connected, the installer can remotely change settings and test them.
The PulseWorx Gateway offers integrated security features, which are enforced upon connection. The network is secured by username and password protection for up to eight simultaneous user connections. Individual user privileges are configurable for "control only," "allow/disallow schedule modification," and "full set up authorization".
The Gateway autonomously maintains status of all devices to allow quick status sync for application clients and controls all connections directly at the installation site without ever accessing any type of cloud server. PCS is readily available to help 3rd-party developers achieve a fully documented interface for seamless integration with other control applications.
Note: Requires UPStart version 8.0 Build 1 or higher.
PulseWorx Products Utilize UPB Technology
PulseWorx is a complete Lighting Control System that uses existing powerlines to give residential customers one-touch control over their home's lighting. PulseWorx products are designed to work within the current framework that already exists in the home, no new wires are required. PulseWorx products utilize UPB technology, providing the most reliable powerline controls available today.
- Manufacturer Part #: PGW
- Power Requirements: Primary: 120 Volts AC, 50/60Hz
- Transmission Channels: 256 individual timed events over 4 schedules
- Standby Power Consumption: > 0.8 Watts
- Connections/Power Wire: 3-pin grounded outlet
- Network Connection: RJ45 Connector; 100/10 Mbp Ethernet protocol; Adheres to TCP, DHCP and HTTP standards
- TCP Port: 2101
- Telnet Port: 2001
- Secure TCP Port: 2601
- Baud Rate: 4800
- Data Bits: 8
- Parity: None
- Stop Bits: 1
- Flow Control: None
- Environmental Conditions: Indoor Use Only
- Temperature: -40° to 194° F (-40° to 90° C)
- Humidity: 10 to 90 percent RH (non-condensing)
- Certifications: Safety tested for USA and Canada to ETL tested to UL508; UL-508-2010 CSA C22.2 #14-2010
- UPStart: Must have Version 8.0 Build 1 or higher
- Status LED Modes:
- Blue = Power applied / No message traffic
- Magenta = UPB message received
- Red = UPB message transmitted
- During Power Outage: Retains all settings in non-volatile EERPOM
- Factory Default:
- Tap Program button 5 times, LED will flash BLUE
- Tap Program button 10 times, LED will flash RED
- Tap Program button 2 times, LED will turn BLUE
- Mounting: 3-pin grounded outlet
- Dimensions: 4.0(H) x 2.0(W) 1.25(D) inches
- Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Warranty: 5 Years
- US Patent No.: 6,734,784; 6,784,790; 7,265,654; 7,688,183. U.S. and foreign patents may be pending.
UPStart UPB Software
This Windows-based application, along with a PCS PulseWorx UPB Gateway, allows you to program, configure and test your UPB smart home automation system. »Free download here