MedReady 1700 Medication Dispenser for PRN Dosing
Countdown Timer Helps Prevent Overdose On "As Needed" Medication
Patients who take "as needed" or "pro re nata" (PRN) medication can maintain safe dosing intervals more easily with the MedReady 1700 Medication Dispenser for PRN Dosing. The locked medication dispenser is perfect for people taking pain medication for conditions such as chronic pain or post-surgery pain.
- Countdown timer begins when a dose is taken
- Next dose only becomes accessible when countdown ends
- 28 compartments hold up to 9 pills each
- Locked lid prevents tampering with medication
- Plugs into power outlet and includes backup battery
Unlike other MedReady locked medication dispensers, this PRN edition does not provide scheduling for dosing times and does not sound alarms. Instead, the dispenser allows you to take a dose whenever it’s needed. However, once a dose is taken, the dispenser will not allow another dose to be taken until a specified time has passed, helping to prevent overdose.
As soon as a dose is taken, the locked medication dispenser starts its built-in countdown timer, shown on an extra large LED display. When this timer reaches 0:00, the next dose will become available to take as needed. The minimum time between doses can be set from 15 minutes to 24 hours (user-selectable).
Supports Full Medication Regimens
The MedReady Medication Dispenser comes with a removable medication tray that holds 28 doses of dry medication (pills or capsules). Each of the 28 compartments is ramped for easy removal of medication, and can hold up to nine M&M-sized pills. The MedReady locked medication dispenser also has a card holder in the bottom for a printed copy of the patient’s prescriptions.
The locked medication dispenser is designed to ensure medication compliance without hassle. Divisions between compartments keep medications in place even if the dispenser is turned upside down. Furthermore, the dispenser is protected under lock and key, so that no one can tamper with doses.
Setting the minimum time between doses is as simple as setting a digital alarm clock. The medication dispenser’s extra large LED display can be viewed from any angle and is self-illuminating, so it can be seen in any lighting conditions.
MedReady conveniently uses AC power, but in the event of a power outage or short-term travel, it switches automatically to the included rechargeable battery pack.
- MedReady Medication Dispenser
- Medication Tray
- Blue Locking Lid
- (2) Keys
- AC Adapter
- Rechargeable Battery
- This is a non-monitored dispenser. No Internet connection is available.
- Many PRN regimens involve the dispensing of narcotics. The MedReady 1700PRN is tamper-resistant, but it is NOT a medication Safe or Vault. With enough willpower, a patient can break open the dispenser and access more medication than intended.
Industry’s Premier Automated Medication Dispenser
We at MedReady partnered with a large medical group to field-test our device for 8 months before we finalized the design and features of the MedReady Medication Dispenser. We enlarged our tray to hold more medication, made the tray removable, and most importantly, we added a rechargeable battery pack to safeguard against power outages. This also means Medready can be used on short trips, eliminating the confusion of a suitcase filled with different pill containers.
- Tray Compartments: 28
- Compartment Capacity: 9 M&M-sized pills
- Minimum Time Between Doses: 15 minutes to 24 hours (selectable)
- Power Source: 120VAC power adapter
- Backup Power: Rechargeable nickel-metal-hydride battery
- Battery Life: 48 hours
- Dimensions: 11(Dia.) x 3(H) inches
- Weight: 2 pounds