La Crosse Wireless Color Weather Station
See Personalized Weather Forecasts in Vivid Color
Imagine getting ready in the morning and having detailed, intelligent, real-time weather information conveniently displayed on a wall or your tabletop. That's what you get and more with the La Crosse Wireless Color Weather Station (Horizontal). This advanced La Crosse Weather Station and home thermometer features a gorgeous high-resolution color LCD screen that displays large-type, elegantly formatted weather information that you can read from clear across the room. Quickly check the forecast, indoor/outdoor temperature, humidity, time and date, trends in data, and a range of details. You can even receive automatic alerts when your customizable min./max. temperature thresholds are crossed with the La Crosse Wireless Color Weather Station.
- Large LCD screen with adjustable brightness displays hyper-local weather data
- Included wireless sensor transmits real-time data back to display
- Shows personalized forecast, trends, current temp/humidity, calendar, time, etc.
- Animated scenes reflect forecast based on barometer, season, and time of day
- Receive alerts when custom min./max. temperature thresholds are crossed
- Atomic clock (12/24 hr.) offers built-in alarm with snooze
Available Station Colors: White or Black
In addition to the main LCD display station, the La Crosse Wireless Color Weather Station comes with a rugged wireless temperature/humidity sensor that communicates with the display to provide precise, hyper-local environmental data, specific to your home. Place the weather-proof sensor indoors or outdoors (wireless range over 300 feet) to collect environmental data for the exact location you want to monitor on your La Crosse Weather Station.
Complete La Crosse Wireless Color Weather Station Feature List:
- Animated forecast for the next 12 hours
- Min. and max. indoor/outdoor temperature
- Outdoor temperature (° F/° C)
- Outdoor temperature trends
- Outdoor temperature alerts (low/high)
- Outdoor humidity (%RH) with trend indicator
- Outdoor heat index and dew point
- Indoor temperature (° F/° C)
- Indoor temperature trends
- Indoor temperature alerts (low/high)
- Indoor humidity (%RH) with trend indicator
- 12/24 hr. atomic time and date (manual setting)
- Perpetual calendar (day/month/date)
- Signal strength icon for sensor transmission
- Animated forecast icons
- Forecast tendency indicator
- Comfort indicator
- Station and sensor low battery icon
- Atomic reception indicator
- Snooze/alarm icon
View Your Personalized Intelligent Weather Forecast
Rather than relying on regional daily forecasts provided by news outlets, you can now refer to an accurate, personal forecast for your immediate location with the La Crosse Weather Station.
Once your La Crosse Wireless Color Weather Station has been collecting data for approximately 3-4 weeks, your forecast will become personalized. Not only will you receive precise real-time data, you will see intelligent weather forecasts developed according to trends in your historic data.
The La Crosse Weather Station's daily animated forecast icons predict weather conditions for the next 12 hours with 70-75 percent accuracy. The longer the La Crosse Wireless Color Weather Station operates in one location, the more accurate the forecast will be.
Choose Your Station Display Mode
With four different display modes, the La Crosse Weather Station lets you choose how you want to view your weather data. Modes include:
- Forecast Display: shows the weather forecast tendency indicator and background scenes that continuously change to reflect the forecast and time of day
- Indoor Display: shows indoor trend indicators, your daily min./max. for temperature and humidity, custom indoor temperature alerts, and the comfort indicator
- Outdoor Display: shows outdoor trend indicators, your daily min./max. for temperature and humidity, the outdoor heat index and dew points, custom outdoor temperature alerts, a 24-hour barometric pressure history graph along with forecast icons, and the weather forecast tendency indicator
- Comfort Display: shows visual recommendations based on indoor and outdoor humidity levels for how comfortable you would be in your home with the windows open or closed
(Forecast, Indoor, Outdoor, Comfort)
Optimize Your Environment with Comfort Display
The La Crosse Wireless Color Weather Station's optional Comfort Display mode, as well as its Comfort Indicator icon, serves as one of the station's top features. The Comfort Indicator, which can be accessed through either the Comfort Display mode or the Indoor Display mode, provides a basic visual meter of the current indoor humidity, ranging from "wet" to "dry" with gradations in between. And if your station is in Comfort Display mode, you will also see an animated window scene, which tells you how the indoor humidity would change if you opened or closed your windows.
The plug-and-play La Crosse Wireless Color Weather Station takes only minutes to set up. The LCD display is powered by a plug-in adapter (included) or batteries (not included). It can be mounted horizontally on a wall (vertical orientation not supported) with the integrated mounting holes on the back. The display can also be placed horizontally on a tabletop using its fold-out stand.
The wireless temperature/humidity sensor is powered by batteries (not included) and mounts vertically to a flat surface.
- Wireless Weather Station (308-1414)
- Wireless Sensor (TX141TH-Bv2)
- Power Adapter, 5V
- Batteries and mounting screws not included. Sensor requires two (2) "AA" batteries.
- Environments with temperatures below -20° F (-29° C) require the sensor to use Lithium batteries. Warmer environments are suitable for Alkaline batteries.
- Display station must be plugged in for continuous back light "on" operation. When powered by batteries only, the screen turns off until you press a button to conserve energy.
- Display station supports horizontal orientation only. Does NOT rotate for vertical use. Screenshots shown in vertical orientation are designed in this model for horizontal orientation.
- Does not support multiple sensors, only one. (Replacements are available, but not for use as "add-ons").
Monitoring Solutions By La Crosse Technology
Since 1985, La Crosse Technology has developed cutting-edge environmental monitoring solutions for the everyday consumer. The company delivers wireless weather radios, temperature alert systems, and power monitors to homeowners and business owners throughout the world. Monitor your own environment with La Crosse Technology for world-class results.
- Manufacturer Part #: 308-1414B / 308-1414W
- Frequency: 433MHz RF
- Wireless Range: 300+ feet (91 meters)
- Approvals: FCC
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited
- Power: 5.0VAC, 0.6A adapter for primary power (included inside lower panel) with backup battery option
- Battery Backup: 3 "AAA", IEC, LR3 batteries (not included)
- Backup Battery Life: over 3 years with A/C adapter in use
- Dimensions: 8.34(L) x 1.03(W) x 5.48(H) inches (211.836 x 26.162 x 139.192 mm)
- Temperature Sensing Range:
- Indoor: 32° to 122° F (0° to 50° C)
- Outdoor: -40° to 140° F (-40° to 60° C)
- Humidity Sensing Range: 19 to 97 percent RH
- Battery Life: over 1 year with reputable batteries
- Power: 2 "AA", IEC, LR6 batteries (not included)
- Recommended Battery Type:
- Use Alkaline batteries for temps. -20° to 140° F (-29° to 60° C)
- Use Lithium batteries for temps. -40° to -20° F (-40° to -29° C)
- Dimensions: 1.57(L) x 0.79(W) x 5.12(H) inches (40 x 20 x 130 mm)