IST RETRO Music & Intercom System Package, 5 Rooms (Vertical Frames)
Fit New Intercom Stations Into Existing Openings
Upgrade your home's outdated intercom system with the IST RETRO Music & Intercom System Package (5 Rooms, Vertical Frames). This unique intercom system is designed to replace pre-existing 3, 4, or 6-wire in-wall intercom stations without requiring drywall repair or new wiring. Once it's installed, you will have a modern, full-featured music distribution and intercom system that interconnects five rooms of your home (expandable to 13), as well as the front door, your patio, and your Master Station.
- Uses only 3 wires, can be used to replace existing 3, 4, or 6 wire intercom systems
- Built-in AM/FM radio with 10 presets
- Docking station and ports for external audio sources
- All stations support 8-ohm external speakers
- System can expand up to 13 zones (rooms)
- System can have up to 2 door stations
- Includes vertical adapter plates for vertical room stations
- Voice control and audio streaming compatible with Alexa
The RETRO Music & Intercom System Package comes with a Master Station, five indoor Room Stations, one Patio Station, one outdoor Door Station and one Bluetooth Receiver, which are available in three different colors. The color you choose will determine the color of all stations (Master, Room, Patio, and Door).
How the System Works
The Master Station is the main intercom station and distribution hub of the system. It allows you to communicate with and play music through any and/or all stations in the system.
- Master Station: As the hub of the system, the Master Station links all other stations with one another. It retrofits into the hole of your pre-existing master intercom unit and optionally supports external speakers in addition to other intercom stations. The unit features a built-in AM/FM radio with 10 presets, a dock for MP3 players and other audio sources, USB and Firewire charging ports, and an optional door release feature. You can also control volume levels, bass and treble levels, clock settings, and privacy settings.
- (5) Room Stations: Each Room Station allows you to play music distributed from the Master Station and communicate with other stations in the system. When a call is initiated from any station, all stations will be paged for the call. When the call is answered, the conversation becomes private to the two stations involved, and the receiving station can talk hands-free. You can also use any Room Station to listen in on other individual or multiple stations, perfect for monitoring children.
- Patio Station: Weather-resistant outdoor intercom station. Provides the same functionality as indoor Room Stations, with the exception of monitoring to ensure privacy. The station is designed for installation in protected areas, such as your porch or covered patio.
- Door Station: When a visitor presses the doorbell button on the Door Station, all the stations in your system will produce your selected doorbell chime. You can then answer the door from any station.
- Bluetooth Receiver: Simply plug the receiver into the Master Station, and then pair it with a Bluetooth-enabled audio device, such as a smartphone or tablet. You can then stream music from your Bluetooth device through your speaker system.
You can create an entire whole-room audio system with the Master Station or any Room Station by optionally connecting 8-ohm 30W or 100W external speakers (sold separately) to the unit.
Add voice command compatibility with Amazon Alexa to play music or issue voice commands through your IST system. You can connect an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot to the master station via auxiliary cable. Once connected you can issue voice commands directly to your Amazon device or by pressing the Talk button on the master station or any room or patio station. Responses or selected media will be played through your IST intercom system.
Maximum Number of Stations
- (11) Room Stations
- (2) Patio Stations (or 2 additional room stations)
- (2) Door Stations
- (1) Auxiliary Input Unit
The IST RETRO Music & Intercom System comes with adapter plates and cover plates that help you retrofit your new intercom stations into the existing wall holes where your old intercom stations were installed. These plates cover extra space left by the old stations, eliminating the need for drywall repair. The included Vertical Room Adapter/Cover Plate Kits are specifically designed to cover space left by vertical room station holes, meaning holes that are greater in height than width.
- Master Station (RETRO-M)
- Patio Station (RETRO-5P)
- Door Station (RETRO-D)
- (5) Room Stations (RETRO-5R)
- (5) Vertical Room Adapter/Cover Plate Kits (RETRO-5RV)
- Cover Plate for Master Station (RETRO-MTP)
- Bluetooth Receiver (BT-Receiver)
- Mounting Screws
IST Takes You Inside Your Sound
Since 2005, IntraSonic Technology (IST) has been enriching the residential audio experience by manufacturing robust yet easy-to-use home audio systems. The IST product line offers a premium home audio selection, including music distribution systems, video door intercom systems, and associated accessories. Envelop yourself "inside your sound" with IntraSonic Technology.
- Manufacturer Part #:
- Almond: RETRO-MVAPAC
- Black: RETRO-MVBPAC
- White: RETRO-MVPAC
- External Speakers Supported: 8-ohm speaker, max. 4 pair (8 total)
- Master Station: 15(W) x 6(H) inches
- Room Station: 5-3/4(W) x 5-1/4(H) inches
- Patio Station: 5-3/4(W) x 5-1/4(H) inches
- Door Station: 6-1/4(W) x 4-1/8(H) inches
- Room Cover Plate: 7-3/8(W) x 10(H) inches
- Master Cover Plate: 18-3/4(W) x 10(H) inches
- Warranty: 2-Year Limited
Ratings & Reviews
Does what its supposed to
The system did exactly what it said it would. Installation was easy. Replaced 7 speakers and main unit in about 90 minutes after reading manual. Im not an electrician and the only thing i didn't do was connect the power. My brother did that just because he was next to me at the time. <br>The controls take some getting used to compared to the older unit. The directions could be better, but we are figuring them out. It's just different than the old one. <br>The only issue is that the mounting hardware for the frame needs to be better. I needed to get some washers and spacers to keep it flush and secure. Wasn't a big deal, but the mounting screws were insufficient. What you have going on might be different than me so you may not need spacers, but a couple washers for sure. Our else the frame buckles from tension. Also, because the main unit isn't fastened to anything, the wires tend to push it forward a bit. So getting a snug flush fit takes a little patience. <br>Over all it was a painless experience. Followed the directions. Turned it on. It worked. <br>If your old unit has an auxiliary cd player, which mine did, make sure you order the frame that fits your larger rough in box. I included a picture. It is not the one that comes standard with the system. You'll have to wait another week for it with standard delivery if you don't order it with the system