GoControl Z-Wave Plus Garage Door Controller, Gen5
Z-Wave Control For Garage Doors
The GoControl Z-Wave Plus Garage Door Controller, S2 Security adds Z-Wave remote control to most sectional garage door openers, allowing you to operate the opener through a Z-Wave controller, smartphone app, or an existing pushbutton. This new version of GoControl's garage door controllers features S2 encryption for more secure wireless communication and increased Z-Wave transmission range.
- Adds Z-Wave control to a connected garage door opener
- Works with almost any sectional garage door
- Can be included in Z-Wave automation scenes and schedules
- Included tilt sensor detects door's open/closed status
- Customizable audio and visual alerts enhance safety
The Z-Wave Plus Garage Door Controller can emit audio and visual alerts to warn people nearby when the garage door is about to open/close. The included tilt sensor also sends status updates to inform you when the garage door is closed, open, or moving.
The Z-Wave Plus Garage Door Controller wires to your garage door opener and can be used in conjunction with an existing pushbutton. It mounts near the garage door opener either on the existing opener hardware with the included bracket, or directly to the wall with the included mounting hardware. The controller is powered by the included power supply, which plugs into a standard outlet.
The Garage Door Tilt Sensor mounts inside the top of your garage door using screws or double-sided tape. The sensor is powered by a pre-installed battery, and communicates wirelessly with the controller.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
- Garage Door Remote Controller
- Garage Door Tilt Sensor
- Power Supply
- Mounting Bracket and Hardware
- Not compatible with garage door openers that use proprietary communications technology.
- Requires enrollment into a Z-Wave controller (sold separately).
GoControl Your Connected Home
Enjoy practical and affordable smart home solutions with GoControl products by Nortek Security & Control. The GoControl product line features premium yet simple smart home connected products that give you control over your home and keep you updated on its status from anywhere. Products include smart light bulbs, outlets, switches, garage door controllers, thermostats, and more, all designed to work with the most popular smart home hubs available. Get GoControl products and get ready to GoControl your home!
- Manufacturer Part #: GD00Z-8-GC
- Power: 120VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Sensor Frequency: 345 MHz
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- Wireless Range: Up to 130 feet between the wireless controller and/or the closest Z-Wave receiver module
- Scene: Command Class
- Controller: W x H x D (Inches): 6.94 x 1.38 x 5.0
- Tilt Sensor: W x H x D (Inches): 1.69 x 0.88 x 1.19
- Certifications: FCC, ETL, UL 325
The Garage Door Remote Controller is compatible with most sectional garage door openers manufactured after 1993. However, some models have been identified as being incompatible (listed below). Additionally, since 2013, some garage door opener manufacturers have incorporated custom features that utilize a proprietary technology for communication from the wall button to the motor. The GD00Z does not support these special interfaces.
Operators that are incompatible with Linear's GD00Z Controller include:*
- Chamberlain MyQ Models: WD962KEV, KPEV, MLEV; WD832KEV; HD 930EV, 420EV; LW500EV; PD752D, KPV
- Genie Series III Models: PowerMax 1500; TriloG 1200, 1500; IntelliG 1000, 1200
- LiftMaster MyQ Models: 8355, 8360, 8500, 8550, 8557, 8587
- Craftsman AssureLink / MyQ Models: 3043, 30437
*This is not intended to be an exhaustive list.