ELK Power Supply/Battery Charger Kit with 12V, 5Ah Battery
Always Maintain Power for Your Security Devices
Supply reliable power to your surveillance and home security devices with the Elk Power Supply/Battery Charger Kit with 12V, 5Ah Battery. Designed for surveillance cameras, access controls, alarm devices, and other security devices, this complete kit combines a plug-in power supply with a smart backup battery charger (sealed lead acid battery included) to ensure continuous power even during a power outage. The Power Supply has positive and negative screw terminals for connections, and offers built-in overload reset. During normal operation, power will come from the plug-in power supply, and in the event of a power outage, the Battery Charger will signal your backup battery to kick in and maintain continuous power.
To purchase this Elk Power Supply/Battery Charger Kit WITHOUT the battery included, alternatively choose part ELK-P1215, which offers the same Power Supply and Battery Charger without the battery.
- Power supply can auto-reset for overload protection
- Charger board charges included 12V backup battery
- Signals low battery trouble at 11V
- Low battery cutoff at 9V prevents "deep discharge"
- Master power switch turns all power On/Off
Intelligent Battery Supervision
If DC power from the Power Supply is lost, the battery will continue to deliver power to the DC output terminals and the Battery Charger Board will monitor the battery's voltage. If voltage falls to 11V, the board will transmit a low battery signal through the -SUP output, which connects to an alarm device or security panel.
If an 11V low battery alert is initiated, the battery will still supply power to the output terminals. However, if the voltage falls even lower to 9 volts, the Battery Charger will then cut off battery power to avoid "deep discharging."
The Master Power Switch on the Charger Board allows you to turn On/Off all power at any time. Both the power supply and backup battery will shut off.
- 14VDC Plug-in Power Supply (ELK-P1417)
- 12V, 5Ah Sealed Lead Acid Battery (ELK-1250)
- Circuit / Charger Board (ELK-P1215CB)
- Power Supply Receptacle Mounting Bracket
- Output voltage from the Power Supply is 13.8 to 14VDC to properly charge the battery.
- The -SUP output will only work until Low Battery Cutoff activates, at which time -SUP becomes inactive since all power to the board will be completely shut off.
Premium Products For Security And Automation
ELK Products, Inc. designs and manufactures quality electronic equipment for the professional security alarm and home automation installer. Our products include siren drivers, speakers, relays, timers, programmable controls, surge suppressors, telephone equipment, amplifiers, recordable units, batteries and more.
- Manufacturer Part #: ELK-P1215K
14VDC Plug-in Power Supply (ELK-P1417)
- Input Voltage Range: 100 - 240 Volts AC, 50/60Hz
- Input Current: 0.8 Amps AC
- Output Voltage Range: 13.8 to 14 Volts DC
- Continuous Output Current: 1.7 Amps DC
- AC Input Plug Style: NEMA 1-15P (non-polarized)
- Screw Terminals: Positive and Negative screw terminals on DC output
- Size w/Mounting Bracket: 3.07 x 2.83 x 1.5 inches (78 x 72 x 38 mm)
- Complies with UL 60950
- Compliant with Energy Star EISA Level V
- RoHS compliant (RoHS2-2011/65/EU)
- Warranty: Lifetime Limited
Circuit / Charger Board (ELK-P1215CB)
- Power Supply Input: 14 Volts DC provided by ELK-P1417
- Continuous Output Current: 1.5 Amps **
- Low Battery Trouble: 11 Volts (nominal)
- Low Battery Cutoff: 9 Volts (nominal)
- PC Board Size: 2.25 x 2.5 inches (57.15 x 63.5mm )
- Standby Battery Charging Capacity: 1 to 12 Ah, Sealed Lead Acid
- Battery Wire Length: 16 inches with F1-Faston No. 187 Receptacles
- Master Power Switch: Turns On/Off the DC Input and Battery
- Operating Temperature: 32Â° to 120Â°F
- Operating Humidity: 95 percent RH (max.), non-condensing
- Warranty: Lifetime Limited
** Higher output current (up to 2.5 Amps) may be drawn for a short time provided a fully charged battery is connected.
12V 5Ah Battery (ELK-1250)
- Nominal Voltage: 12 Volts
- Rated Capacity: 5 Ah (20 hour rate)
- Terminals: F1 Faston Tab (0.187 inch)
- Size: 3.54(L) x 2.76(W) x 4.17(H) inches (90 x 70 x 106 mm)
- Weight (approximate): 3.4 pounds (1.5 kg)
- Approvals: UL, CE
- Warranty: 2 Years