ELK M1 Ethernet Interface
Internet Connectivity For The M1 Controller
Allows M1 Gold to be connected to the Internet or LAN (network) for programming, monitoring, remote control, email notifications, etc. Requires permanent broadband connection; Cable Modem, DSL, T1, etc.
The M1XEP is an ethernet device server with an RS-232 serial port interface. It may be used to connect an M1 controller to an ethernet network using TCP/IP protocol. It features a secure embedded web server, with a user interface built on a Java applet, email notification, and encryption algorithms for security sensitive environments.
- Web server with embedded Java applet "M1 Virtual Keypad"
- Secure connection with password protection and HTTPS encryption
- Flash memory for firmware updating
- Event notification via e-mail (SMTP)
- Internet monitoring and reporting capability
- URL updating using dynamic DNS
- TCP/IP stack supporting the following protocols: TCP, UDP, DHCP, SSL 3.0/TLS, 1.0, HTTP, SMTP
- Federal Information Processing standards (FIPS) 128 bit encryption
- Integrated 802.3 compliant 10/100 MBit network interface
- RS232, DB9M 9-pin serial port connection
- Connects to the M1 RS232 serial port (port 0). Baud rate must be set to 115,200.
- RJ-45 8-pin network jack
- 2.1 mm barrel type power connector (center positive)
- LED indicators for Power, Link and Data
The M1XEP is powered with the included 12 VDC, 1.5 Amp, plug-in power supply. A software set-up utility is built into the Elk RP (version 1.5.0 or later) for configuring the connection set-up, network password, etc. The unit is factory defaulted to obtain a dynamic IP address from a DHCP (i.e., ethernet switch, cable modem, etc.), however, it may also be used with a static IP address.
M1 Cross Platform Control
Elk Products designs and manufactures premium quality electronic equipment for the professional security and automation installer. ELK's M1 Cross Platform Control Family integrates rock solid security and full featured automation providing convenient user interfaces and remote control options. M1 can be integrated with other manufacturers systems for complete control of home or business.
- Manufacturer Part #: ELK-M1XEP
- UPC: 762158550164
- Operating voltage: 12 VDC (ELK-P1216 plug-in power supply included)
- Current draw: appox. 300 mA
- Housing: 4.25" x 6.375" x 2.125"
- Circuit board dimension: 2.25" x 3.95"
6-foot serial cable included