DoorBell Fon Door Answering System
DIY Door Station Makes Door-To-Phone Communication Super Easy
If you want to install a DoorBell Fon intercom system without cutting a hole in the wall near your door, choose the basic DoorBell Fon Door Answering System. This complete kit comes with a Door Station that surface mounts for easy installation. A control unit connects the door station to your telephone. When a visitor presses the button on the door station, your phone rings and you can answer to talk with your visitor.
- Door station triggers phone to ring when visitor presses button
- Landline phone service is not required
- Station surface-mounts for easy DIY installation
- Controller supports up to two door stations
- Optional accessory (not included) can trigger existing doorbell chime
The Heart of the System
The Doorbell Fon Main Controller is the base unit for the Doorbell Fon Answering System. When the button on the Door Station is pushed by a visitor, the Controller signals your phone to ring with a distinct tone that is different from a regular voice call. No programming or codes are needed. Just answer the telephone like you would for a regular call.
The control unit requires connection to only one incoming line and one door station. A second door station may be added to the controller to operate another entryway. The controller installs using a single pair of wire for power, control, signaling and voice. Any add-on components install on the same single pair.
Surface-Mount Door Station
The surface-mount Door Station easily installs on the surface of the wall and triggers your phone to ring when a visitor presses the button. It connects to the controller using a single pair wire.
You can daisy-chain multiple controllers together to support additional Door Stations, if needed. With optional accessories (not included), you can also expand functionality of your Doorbell Fon system. Optional accessories include:
- Inbound Trigger Relay (DP29-CI): Triggers external devices when a visitor presses the Door Station button. Can trigger external door chimes, cameras, lights, etc.
- Telephone Keypad Relay Trigger (DP29-SW): Triggers an electronic door strike, allowing the user to unlock a door via telephone.
- Doorbell Fon Main Controller
- Door Station, Surface-Mount
Note: Requires a telephone, not included. Landline phone service is NOT required.
DoorBell Fon: Your Door-To-Phone Intercom Solution
Tired of walking all the way across your home or office just to answer the door? Wouldn’t it be easier to simply answer the door – from your phone? The DoorBell Fon Door Intercom Station is just what you’re looking for! The DoorBell Fon will bring Simplicity, Safety, and Convenience to your home.
Simplicity: The DoorBell Fon is simple to install. All you need is two wires from the Door Intercom connecting to the Main Controller and your phone line to pass through this Main Controller. That’s it! No programming and no codes to worry about. Don’t want to run new wires from your door? No problem! Just use your existing doorbell wires to connect to the Main Controller.
Safety: With the DoorBell Fon, you get the intrinsic safety feature of a door intercom system. You’re notified that someone is present and can communicate without physically being at the door. If you add a 3rd party camera hidden behind our discrete camera slot, you can see who is there as well. With our Door Strike Controller and a door strike, you can even open the door from your phone.
Convenience: With the DoorBell Fon, you have the convenience of answering and opening the door from any room with a phone. No more leaving the comfort of your couch to answer the door. No more hurrying to get dressed when the doorbell rings. No more rushing out of the bathroom when someone is at the door. You don’t have to drop what you’re doing just to let someone in your home!
- Manufacturer Part #:
- DP28IT : Ivory
- DP28ITWT : White
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Power Requirements: 117VAC/60Hz, 0.1A, 12 Watts
- Fuse 1: 250 VA, 0.5A
- Fuse 2: 250 VA, 0.25A
- Output: 17-28VDC (Voice), 750Vrms/25 ±2Hz (Ringing)
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 120° F
- Dimensions: 5.8125 x 3.875 x 1.75 inches
- Weight: 2.1 pounds
Door Station (Surface-Mount)
- Power: Circuit Board (no external power required)
- Dimensions: 3.75(W) x 5(H) x 1(D) inches