AprilAire 8840 Automation Thermostat, 7" Color Touchscreen, WiFi, IAQ Control
HD Color Touchscreen For Intelligent HVAC Control
Offering improved design over the previous 8830 model, the AprilAire 8840 Automation Thermostat, 7" Color Touchscreen, WiFi, IAQ Control offers all the same great features plus a beautiful 7-inch HD color touchscreen. No longer limited to black and white, this full-color AprilAire IAQ thermostat upgrade is a sight to see and the perfect addition to a modern home.
The AprilAire IAQ thermostat is capable of controlling nearly any type of HVAC unit, including humidifiers and even whole-home dehumidifiers, while offering support for external sensors (one included). Featuring the unique "SmartIAQ" solution by AprilAire, this advanced Internet-connected thermostat is designed to balance all aspects of indoor air quality, including Temperature, Humidity, Air Purity and Fresh Air. The balance is struck by an array of intelligent features, such as automatic ventilation and a convenient "Heat Blast" function, among many others.
- Wi-Fi accessible thermostat with 7-day programmability
- 7-inch backlit HD color touchscreen is easy to read day and night
- Change settings locally, online, or with the free mobile app
- Includes optional remote sensor to display outdoor temperature
- Event-Based Air Cleaning automates ventilation for fresh air
- "Heat Blast" makes cold air easy to heat up fast
- Universal design works with 3H/3C or 4H/2C heat pumps
The AprilAire Wi-Fi Thermostat App, available free for iOS and Android devices, syncs with the thermostat to provide seamless control whether you make changes at the thermostat, through your online account, or through the app. Features disabled from the thermostat are also automatically removed from the app.
Prep Your Home for Scheduled Events with Intelligent Automation
The AprilAire Wi-Fi Thermostat not only offers standard 7-day programming, but also a "progressive recovery" feature that can activate your heating or cooling equipment BEFORE a scheduled event, so that when it's time for the event to start, your home has already reached your desired temperature.
Program the thermostat, for example, to remember what time you arrive home from work, and it can automatically prep the house before you reach your front door.
Keep the Air Fresh with Automatic Ventilation
Many new homes are required to have proper ventilation to ensure that fresh air can easily be pumped in from outside, and the AprilAire Wi-Fi thermostat meets this requirement. The thermostat provides automatic ventilation when it detects specific environmental conditions in your home. You can set parameters that trigger ventilation, and/or take advantage of AprilAire's unique "Event-Based Air Cleaning", which allows you to automate ventilation based on special circumstances, such as cooking time in the kitchen, or party time in the living room.
Advanced Features in "IAQ" Thermostat Model 8840
Packed with a number of exclusive features, AprilAire Wi-Fi Thermostats that have IAQ Control are designed for the age of home automation. Today's homes demand control over more than just temperature. Tighter home construction trends and legal requirements mean HVAC systems must provide control of ventilation, humidity, and air purity. Controlling Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) in this comprehensive fashion helps ensure quality health and comfort, while conserving energy and preserving home furnishings and electronics.
In addition to the features outlined above, this IAQ Thermostat Model 8840 offers the following advanced capabilities:
- "Heat Blast" rapidly raises the room temperature by 3°F to 5°F.
- Message center provides feedback, instructions, and service reminders.
- Two-part design – 3 wires to living space.
- Adjustable backlight intensity.
- Lockouts (Full, Timed, Limited).
- Humidifier control (automatic or manual).
- Whole-home dehumidifier control.
- Dehumidify w/AC controls dehumidifier on air conditioner.
- Ventilation: timed ventilation; ASHRAE set up; temperature and humidity limits; notifications when activated.
- Supports options wireless Outdoor Temperature / Humidity Sensor 8056 (included).
- Remote sensing via Support Modules (8081 and 8082, sold separately).
- Monitor temperature and humidity via Support Modules (not included).
- "Return Air" Temperature and "Leaving Air" Temperature sensors.
- Wi-Fi Thermostat
- Remote Temperature Sensor
- Mounting Hardware
NOTE: Requires a computer or mobile device with Wi-Fi and a web browser.
AprilAire: Feel Good, Inside
It is the mission of AprilAire to provide superior Indoor Air Quality products for new and existing homes and businesses. AprilAire products are built to provide you and your family with the most comfortable home and the cleanest, healthiest air possible. Protect your home and your most valuable possession – your family.
- Universal for 3H/3C or 4H/2C heat pump.
- Program up to four events per day.
- Event-based air cleaning (On, Circ, 3-hour, 24-hour events).
- Clock and date display with daylight savings adjustment.
- Auto changeover with deadband adjustment (both heat and cool setpoints).
- Adjustable differential (allowed temperature drop between heat/cool stages).
- Stage rate feature engages additional stages to achieve setpoint.
- Dual fuel kit allows switching between two equipment types.
- Balance point control allows optimization of heat pumps and aux heat.
- Built-in compressor protection.
- Large touch screen with adjustable backlight.
- 3-day weather forecast with pollen and mold levels.
- Easy to identify and access "Help" screens.
- Air filter and humidifier service indicators.
- Water panel and air filter service indicators.
- System test mode.
- Manufacturer Part #: 8840
- UPC: 686720884009
- Approvals: FCC, IC, ASHRAE
- Warranty: 5-Year Limited
- Thermostat (Operating): 32° to 120°F (0° to 48°C)
- Temperature Equipment Control Module (Operating) 32° to 158°F (0° to 70°C)
- Shipping: -30° to 150°F (-34° to 65°C)
- Operating Humidity: 5 to 90 percent relative humidity (RH) non-condensing
- Operating Voltage: 24 VAC (18 – 30 VAC)
- Maximum: 2.5A (total), 1.0A (single output)
- Maximum Surge: 5A
- Outdoor, Remote, Leaving and Return Temperature Sensor: Maximum distance: 300 feet
- Room Temperature Measurement: Display range: 32° to 99°F (0° to 40°C)
- Return and Leaving Temperature Measurement: Display range: -40° to 160°F (-40° to 71°C)
- Outdoor Temperature Measurement: Display range: -40° to 130°F (-40° to 55°C)
- Setpoint Temperature Range:
- Heat: 40° to 90°F (4° to 32°C)
- Cool: 50° to 99°F (10° to 37°C)
- Setpoint Humidity Range:
- Humidification: 10 to 50 percent RH
- Dehumidification: 40 to 90 percent RH