Aeotec Z-Wave Plus v2 Z-Stick 7, Gen7
Turn Your Computer Into a Z-Wave Gateway
Turn your computer into a Z-Wave Plus gateway controller with the Aeotec Z-Stick 7! This USB plug-in gateway module creates a local smart home Z-Wave network when plugged into a computer or processor. The Z-Stick enables you to remotely include/remove Z-Wave devices, configure settings, and protects your network from outside threats. Simply plug the stick into an open USB port and start adding Z-Wave devices!
- Enables a host processor to support up to 232 Z-Wave devices
- Allows remote inclusion/removal of Z-Wave devices
- Compatible with Windows PCs, Macs, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.
- "Z-Wave Plus v2" certified for wide compatibility with existing and new Z-Wave products
- Plugs into an open USB port on your host processor
- Powered via USB connection
How It Works
When plugged into a host processor, the Z-Stick functions as a Z-Wave communication device, exposing the Zensys API (Serial API) through a USB connection while simplifying Z-Wave network installation.
The Z-Stick receives software updates through any internet connected device, which ensures the device is always supporting the latest Z-Wave protocols and commands.
Host Processor Compatibility
The Z-Stick is compatible with all major operating systems, including Windows 10, Mac, Linux, and Raspberry Pi 3.
Please Note, software drivers may need to be installed in order for the Z-Stick to be recognized on some computers (see Specs tab for details).
Z-Wave 700 Series / Z-Wave Plus v2 Certification
Z-Wave 700 is an upgraded Z-Wave certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the latest Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 700 Series, Gen7 Z-Wave, or Z-Wave Plus v2. Z-Wave 700 compatible devices include extended wireless range up to 2600 ft/800 m, three layers of encryption, faster operation, and longer battery life.
- Z-Stick 7
Harmonizing The Digital Home With Z-Wave
Aeotec is a leading developer and manufacturer of wireless products which complement the "Digital Smart Home". Their products are designed to save energy, protect the home, and ultimately improve life. They focus on providing innovation, the highest caliber of quality, and unparalleled user experience without sacrifice.
- Manufacturer Part #: ZWA010
- UPC: 810667025250
- Z-Wave Chip: ZGM130, 700 series
- Frequency: 908.42MHz
- Security: S2 native
- QR Code Inclusion: SmartStart native
- Known compatibilities:
- Tested to be compatible with Raspberry Pi 3 and up
- Tested to be compatible with Windows 10 OS
- Tested to be compatible with Linux OS
- Tested to be compatible with OSX OS
- CPU speed: 39 MHz
- SRAM Memory: 32 kB
- Flash Memory: 256 kB
- Power Supply: USB DC 4.75V to 5.25V
- Standby current: 18 - 20 mA
- Max current: 40mA
- Recommended host current: 50mA
- Operating Temperature: 40 to 104 degrees F (0 to 50 degrees C)
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 158 degrees F (-20 to 70 degrees C)
- Operating Distance: Up to 492 feet (150 meters) outdoors in normal mode or 230 feet (70 meters) indoors
- Dimensions: 37 x 17 x 8.5 mm 1.46 x 1.1 x 0.33 Inch
- Certifications: Z-Wave Plus, FCC, CE, RoHS
- Warranty: 1 Year