Aeotec Z-Wave Plus Heavy-Duty Smart Energy Appliance Switch, Gen5
Control A Heavy-Duty Wired Device
Remotely control a heavy-duty wired device and save energy with the Aeotec Z-Wave Heavy Duty Smart Energy Appliance Switch. This high voltage wired switch adds remote On/Off control to a connected heavy-duty appliance using Z-Wave wireless communications when connected to a compatible Z-Wave hub. Manual On/Off operation is also possible by pressing the corresponding button covered by the protective shield. The switch can also report energy usage in Watts or KWh to a Z-Wave controller. Energy consumption will be displayed at the controller's user interface.
- Enables Z-Wave On/Off control for a heavy-duty wired load
- Supports heavy loads up to 40A/9600W/5HP
- Responds to On/Off commands from a Z-Wave controller
- Reports energy usage in Watts or KWh
- Repeats Z-Wave commands to their destinations
The Z-Wave Heavy Duty Smart Energy Appliance Switch mounts to a wall and supports loads up to 9600 Watts, resistor loads up to 40 Amps, and AC motor loads up to 5HP. It's rated for 240VAC, 50/60Hz. In addition to controlling the wired-in load, the switch serves as a Z-Wave repeater, relaying Z-Wave commands to their destinations if the destination is out of reach from the original transmitter.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
- Heavy Duty Smart Switch Gen5
- 8 AWG Wire Terminal
- 10 AWG Wire Terminal
- Instruction Manual
NOTE: Must be enrolled into a Z-Wave network controller (sold separately).
Harmonizing The Digital Home With Z-Wave
Aeotec is a leading developer and manufacturer of wireless products which complement the "Digital Smart Home". Their products are designed to save energy, protect the home, and ultimately improve life. They focus on providing innovation, the highest caliber of quality, and unparalleled user experience without sacrifice.
- Manufacturer Part #: ZW078-A
- Waterproof: IP44
- Power Consumption: 1W
- Ratings: 240VAC, 50/60Hz (2 Phases L1, L2); Max. 9600 Watts; 40A Resistor; 240VAC 5HP AC Motor
- RF Range: 500 feet (150 m) outdoors; Endurance of 10ms period peak current of 1440A
- Environmental Conditions: Indoor use
- Altitude: Up to 2000m
- Ambient Temperature: 5 to 40 degrees C
- Max. Relative Humidity: 80 percent
- Pollution Degree: 2
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Approvals: Z-Wave Plus, RoHS, ETL, FCC