ABB-Welcome IP Gateway
Use Mobile Devices with ABB Door Entry
The ABB IP Gateway enables remote Internet access for your ABB Door Entry System, allowing you to answer calls and control output functions from a mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet, through the free "ABB Welcome" app for iOS and Android mobile devices. Your existing tablet, for example, could be used as an indoor station, making the purchase of any ABB Indoor Station completely optional.
- Enables remote Internet access to the ABB system
- Supports up to four Internet-enabled devices
- Free app for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Allows remote call answering, door unlock, video viewing, etc.
- Works with or without official ABB Indoor Stations
- Connects to Internet via Wi-Fi or 3G/4G service (not included)
When your system receives a call from an outdoor station, the call is immediately directed to your connected smartphone or tablet, as well as any appropriate ABB Indoor Station in the system. Simply bring up the app to see and hear who is at your door. If you miss a call, the app will record a photo and the date (requires camera at outdoor station), which can be viewed anytime.
Please note, your mobile device must have the app running in the background in order to receive calls. You can optionally enable the system to call your phone number directly for audio communication by using this IP Gateway in conjunction with the Telephone Gateway (model 83350-500, sold separately), which does not require an app.
Setup & Installation Details
The ABB IP Gateway wires into the System Controller (sold separately). Once connected to the controller, it needs to be connected to the Internet and configured through the online ABB portal, where you will log into your free account. (A software update may also be required.) Through the portal, you can manage settings, connect your mobile devices, adjust access rights for each device, view stored photos, and more.
The Gateway mounts onto a DIN rail (not included) according to DIN EN 500022.
NOTE: Requires 2-wire connection to a System Controller, sold separately. Also requires an iOS or Android device for the free app, and an Internet connection via Wi-Fi or 3G/4G service, not included. Calls cannot be answered through the online portal, only through the app.
About the ABB Door Entry System
Also known as the "Welcome" system, the Door Entry System is a first-of-its-kind modular intercom and access control system that offers one flexible solution for any intercom and entry security application. Customizable, nearly endlessly scalable, and easy to install, the system is perfect for any building, from a small single-family home to a huge residential complex.
- Complete intercom and access control solution for any building
- One system supports up to 60 buildings and 250 stations per building
- Connections require only 2 wires for ultra-flexible installations
- Standard range up to 1,968 feet (600 m), extends with power boosters
- Free mobile apps for iOS and Android provide remote intercom access
- No fees required to enable Internet connection – ABB provides servers
- Modular outdoor stations allow easy customization and repairs
- Pre-assembled outdoor stations facilitate quick installation for standard applications
- Optionally install ABB indoor stations and/or use mobile devices as indoor stations
- Indoor stations optionally support door strike release for remote unlocking
- Optionally select indoor stations with built-in induction loops for hearing aid users
How to Build Your System
Every ABB Door Entry System needs at least two components: a System Controller (either standard or mini) and an Audio Module (any variation). With these two foundational components, the system can be expanded and customized as needed. Additional system components may include:
- Custom Modular Outdoor Stations
- Audio Module (speaker/mic, with or without pushbuttons)
- Pushbutton Module (with or without built-in card reader)
- Keypad Module (with or without built-in card reader)
- Display Module with Built-In Card Reader
- Camera Module
- Nameplate Module
- Pre-Assembled Outdoor Stations
- Hands-Free Indoor Stations (with or without video screen and/or induction loop)
- Handset Indoor Stations (with or without video screen and/or induction loop)
- Guard Unit (specialized station for security monitoring)
- Mobile Devices (requires Telephone Gateway and/or IP Gateway)
- Telephone Gateway (for integrating mobile or landline phones)
- IP Gateway (for enabling remote Internet access)
- Switch Actuator (for relay control)
- Camera Interface (for connecting third-party analog cameras)
- Elevator Lift Control Relay Module (for elevator/floor access control)
Other accessories are also available for installation and connection. Most notably, in order to build a custom modular outdoor station, you will need to select the modules you wish to include in the station, and then match the number of modules to the appropriate size Flush-Mounted Box and Faceplate. (Flush-mounted boxes support optional surface-mounting in addition to flush-mounting. When surface-mounting, a Rain Hood is also required; only optional when surface-mounting.) The screwless, snap-on design of both outdoor and indoor stations makes installation a breeze.
Easy Planning with ABB Configurator
The ABB website provides an intuitive online configuration tool to help you with system planning. Use this free tool to map out a unique system perfect for yourself or your client.
ABB: Power & Productivity for a Better World
ABB (ASEA Brown Boveri), officially branded the ABB Group, is one of the most expansive engineering corporations in the world. From its hometown in Zurich, Switzerland, this Swedish-Swiss power and automation manufacturer spans across ~100 countries, bringing its technology to every corner of the globe. With history harking back to the 1880's, ABB is a renowned behemoth of cutting-edge development. Create a better world in your own corner of the world with products by ABB.
- DSL-6000 Internet connection or faster
- Minimum 3G (UMTS) mobile Internet
- Android 4.0 or higher, or iOS 4 or higher
- Manufacturer Part #: 83342-500-01
- Operating Temperature: -13° to 131°F (-25° to 55°C)
- Protection: IP20
- Single-Wire Clamps: 2 x 0.28 mm2 – 2 x 1 mm2
- Fine-Wire Clamps: 2 x 0.28 mm2 – 2 x 1 mm2
- Bus Input Voltage: 20-30VDC
- Size: 10 TE
- Warranty: 2 Years
- 9 Guard Units per System
- 60 Buildings per System
- 250 Indoor Stations per Building
- 9 Outdoor Stations per Building (including gate and other outdoor stations)
- 2 Locks per Outdoor Station