ABB-Welcome Guard Unit
Security Monitoring Station for ABB Door Entry Systems
The ABB Guard Unit is a specialized video indoor station for the ABB Door Entry System, providing a security monitoring unit perfect for a central location in the home or a security guard location. Like standard video indoor stations, the Guard Unit offers audio communication and displays video from system cameras, including any connected analog cameras. Furthermore, it receives SOS emergency signals from other stations, and it can communicate with ANY station in the system. Finally, the Guard Unit also features an intercept mode, allowing the system to automatically route certain calls (as programmed, for example, by time of day) to this unit instead of other units for enhanced security.
- Provides audio communication with any other station
- 4.3" color touchscreen displays video from system cameras (module or analog)
- Touchscreen and buttons provide quick access to various functions
- Receives and stores SOS emergency messages from other stations
- Intercept mode reroutes certain calls to this unit (programmable)
- Keeps history log of missed calls for review anytime
When the station rings, simply pick up the handset to answer. The telephone-style receiving handset provides clear audio communication. An on-screen keypad also gives users the ability to call any station in the system, the same way a Keypad Module in an outdoor station accepts calling codes and names.
6 Buttons & On-Screen Menus for Various Controls
The station has six touch-sensitive buttons below the screen. Three are pre-programmed for various functions, and three are custom programmable. They function as follows:
- (1) Door Opener: Unlocks an electric door lock (not included).
- (1) Surveillance: In standby mode, press this button to survey the default outdoor station.
- (1) Settings: For configuring the device.
- (3) Programmable: For customized functions, e.g. intercom, second lock control, relay actuator control for light switch or additional lock, etc.
Additionally, the touchscreen provides a wide range of functions, including: Call Intercept Mode, Intercept Settings, Communication Menu, Surveillance Mode, Switch Actuator, User List, Settings (basic and advanced), Date/Time, Locking, Alarm History, and Call History.
The ABB Guard Unit connects to the System Controller (sold separately) using two wires. You can surface-mount it to the wall using its screw holes or desktop-mount it into an ABB Desktop Bracket (42311D, sold separately). After the station is wired into the Door Entry System, it simply snaps into the bracket.
NOTE: Requires 2-wire connection to a System Controller, sold separately. Also requires use with at least one outdoor station that includes an audio module OR at least one indoor station, and at least one camera to provide video. Installation hardware not included. For indoor use only.
About the ABB Door Entry System
Also known as the "Welcome" system, the Door Entry System is a first-of-its-kind modular intercom and access control system that offers one flexible solution for any intercom and entry security application. Customizable, nearly endlessly scalable, and easy to install, the system is perfect for any building, from a small single-family home to a huge residential complex.
- Complete intercom and access control solution for any building
- One system supports up to 60 buildings and 250 stations per building
- Connections require only 2 wires for ultra-flexible installations
- Standard range up to 1,968 feet (600 m), extends with power boosters
- Free mobile apps for iOS and Android provide remote intercom access
- No fees required to enable Internet connection – ABB provides servers
- Modular outdoor stations allow easy customization and repairs
- Pre-assembled outdoor stations facilitate quick installation for standard applications
- Optionally install ABB indoor stations and/or use mobile devices as indoor stations
- Indoor stations optionally support door strike release for remote unlocking
- Optionally select indoor stations with built-in induction loops for hearing aid users
How to Build Your System
Every ABB Door Entry System needs at least two components: a System Controller (either standard or mini) and an Audio Module (any variation). With these two foundational components, the system can be expanded and customized as needed. Additional system components may include:
- Custom Modular Outdoor Stations
- Audio Module (speaker/mic, with or without pushbuttons)
- Pushbutton Module (with or without built-in card reader)
- Keypad Module (with or without built-in card reader)
- Display Module with Built-In Card Reader
- Camera Module
- Nameplate Module
- Pre-Assembled Outdoor Stations
- Hands-Free Indoor Stations (with or without video screen and/or induction loop)
- Handset Indoor Stations (with or without video screen and/or induction loop)
- Guard Unit (specialized station for security monitoring)
- Mobile Devices (requires Telephone Gateway and/or IP Gateway)
- Telephone Gateway (for integrating mobile or landline phones)
- IP Gateway (for enabling remote Internet access)
- Switch Actuator (for relay control)
- Camera Interface (for connecting third-party analog cameras)
- Elevator Lift Control Relay Module (for elevator/floor access control)
Other accessories are also available for installation and connection. Most notably, in order to build a custom modular outdoor station, you will need to select the modules you wish to include in the station, and then match the number of modules to the appropriate size Flush-Mounted Box and Faceplate. (Flush-mounted boxes support optional surface-mounting in addition to flush-mounting. When surface-mounting, a Rain Hood is also required; only optional when surface-mounting.) The screwless, snap-on design of both outdoor and indoor stations makes installation a breeze.
Easy Planning with ABB Configurator
The ABB website provides an intuitive online configuration tool to help you with system planning. Use this free tool to map out a unique system perfect for yourself or your client.
ABB: Power & Productivity for a Better World
ABB (ASEA Brown Boveri), officially branded the ABB Group, is one of the most expansive engineering corporations in the world. From its hometown in Zurich, Switzerland, this Swedish-Swiss power and automation manufacturer spans across ~100 countries, bringing its technology to every corner of the globe. With history harking back to the 1880's, ABB is a renowned behemoth of cutting-edge development. Create a better world in your own corner of the world with products by ABB.
- Manufacturer Part #: M2303
- Display Resolution: 480 x 272
- Display Size: 4.3 inches (10.92 cm)
- Operating Temperature: 14° to 131°F (-10° to 55°C)
- Storage Temperature: -40° to 158°F (-40° to 70°C)
- Protection: IP30
- Single-Wire Clamps: 2 x 0.28 mm2 – 2 x 1 mm2
- Fine-Wire Clamps: 2 x 0.28 mm2 – 2 x 1 mm2
- Bus Voltage: 20-30V
- Dimensions: 5.67 x 7.795 x 1.77 inches (144 x 198 x 45 mm)
- Warranty: 2 Years
- 9 Guard Units per System
- 60 Buildings per System
- 250 Indoor Stations per Building
- 9 Outdoor Stations per Building (including gate and other outdoor stations)
- 2 Locks per Outdoor Station