ABB-Welcome Audio Module, 1-Row Pushbutton for 1/2 Calls
Outdoor Station Module for ABB Door Entry Systems
The ABB Audio Module with 1-Row Pushbutton for 1/2 Calls provides two-way communication with indoor stations and can optionally trigger an output in your ABB Door Entry System. With a built-in speaker and microphone hidden behind a solid aluminum face (no speaker holes), the module installs in a custom outdoor station to provide the system's required audio component. Communication can be established either by the resident at an indoor station, or by the visitor upon pressing the built-in pushbutton.
- Fulfills system's audio requirement in a custom outdoor station
- Provides two-way communication with indoor stations
- Built-in speaker, microphone, and two door lock terminals
- Activated by indoor station or built-in pushbutton
- Pushbutton serves as a single button or two-button rocker
- Adjustable lock release time and speaker volume
- Integrated optic sensor for day/night mode
Because the built-in button can be programmed for use either as a single button or as a two-button rocker, it can be customized for various applications. Used as a two-button rocker, the left side could be used, for example, to initiate a call with an indoor station or guard unit, while the right side could be used either to switch on a connected light or to initiate a call with a different station/residence.
When a visitor presses a pushbutton to initiate a call to an indoor station, one of the Audio Module's three status LEDs indicates whether the call is successfully made or the system is busy. If the call is successful, the call LED illuminates. A second LED illuminates when communication is possible, and the third LED illuminates if the resident has remotely unlocked a connected door for the visitor to enter. The button(s) also provide an adjustable feedback ringtone.
The module allows you to connect an electric lock for remote door unlocking. No independent power supply is needed for the lock. A second terminal for a second lock is also available. The lock release time is adjustable for security.
As an outdoor station module, the ABB Audio Module connects to the System Controller (sold separately) using two wires, and installs into an ABB Flush Mounted Box (sold separately) at the size of your choosing. The module can be used standalone in a 1-gang box or combined with additional modules (sold separately) in a multi-gang box. Once your box size is chosen, a same-size ABB Aluminum Faceplate is also required to finish the custom-built outdoor station.
After the module is wired into the Door Entry System, it simply snaps into the box, and the faceplate snaps over it onto the box. The box can be flush- or surface-mounted with accessories.
NOTE: Requires 2-wire connection to a System Controller, sold separately. Installation hardware not included.
About the ABB Door Entry System
Also known as the "Welcome" system, the Door Entry System is a first-of-its-kind modular intercom and access control system that offers one flexible solution for any intercom and entry security application. Customizable, nearly endlessly scalable, and easy to install, the system is perfect for any building, from a small single-family home to a huge residential complex.
- Complete intercom and access control solution for any building
- One system supports up to 60 buildings and 250 stations per building
- Connections require only 2 wires for ultra-flexible installations
- Standard range up to 1,968 feet (600 m), extends with power boosters
- Free mobile apps for iOS and Android provide remote intercom access
- No fees required to enable Internet connection – ABB provides servers
- Modular outdoor stations allow easy customization and repairs
- Pre-assembled outdoor stations facilitate quick installation for standard applications
- Optionally install ABB indoor stations and/or use mobile devices as indoor stations
- Indoor stations optionally support door strike release for remote unlocking
- Optionally select indoor stations with built-in induction loops for hearing aid users
How to Build Your System
Every ABB Door Entry System needs at least two components: a System Controller (either standard or mini) and an Audio Module (any variation). With these two foundational components, the system can be expanded and customized as needed. Additional system components may include:
- Custom Modular Outdoor Stations
- Audio Module (speaker/mic, with or without pushbuttons)
- Pushbutton Module (with or without built-in card reader)
- Keypad Module (with or without built-in card reader)
- Display Module with Built-In Card Reader
- Camera Module
- Nameplate Module
- Pre-Assembled Outdoor Stations
- Hands-Free Indoor Stations (with or without video screen and/or induction loop)
- Handset Indoor Stations (with or without video screen and/or induction loop)
- Guard Unit (specialized station for security monitoring)
- Mobile Devices (requires Telephone Gateway and/or IP Gateway)
- Telephone Gateway (for integrating mobile or landline phones)
- IP Gateway (for enabling remote Internet access)
- Switch Actuator (for relay control)
- Camera Interface (for connecting third-party analog cameras)
- Elevator Lift Control Relay Module (for elevator/floor access control)
Other accessories are also available for installation and connection. Most notably, in order to build a custom modular outdoor station, you will need to select the modules you wish to include in the station, and then match the number of modules to the appropriate size Flush-Mounted Box and Faceplate. (Flush-mounted boxes support optional surface-mounting in addition to flush-mounting. When surface-mounting, a Rain Hood is also required; only optional when surface-mounting.) The screwless, snap-on design of both outdoor and indoor stations makes installation a breeze.
Easy Planning with ABB Configurator
The ABB website provides an intuitive online configuration tool to help you with system planning. Use this free tool to map out a unique system perfect for yourself or your client.
ABB: Power & Productivity for a Better World
ABB (ASEA Brown Boveri), officially branded the ABB Group, is one of the most expansive engineering corporations in the world. From its hometown in Zurich, Switzerland, this Swedish-Swiss power and automation manufacturer spans across ~100 countries, bringing its technology to every corner of the globe. With history harking back to the 1880's, ABB is a renowned behemoth of cutting-edge development. Create a better world in your own corner of the world with products by ABB.
- 1 output for door opener without the need of additional power supply
- 1 output for floating output, door opener (30V AC/DC 1A)
- 1 input for door status check
- 1 input for exit pushbutton
- Manufacturer Part #: M251022A-A
- Operating Temperature: -40° to 158°F (-40° to 70°C)
- Protection: Waterproof: IP54; Vandal-proof: IK 07
- Power Supply: Door opener (Lock-GND): 18 V 4 A impulsive, 250 mA holding
- Floating Output: Door opener (COM-NC-NO): 30 V AC/DC, 1A
- Single-Wire Clamps: 2 x 0.28 mm2 – 2 x 1 mm2
- Fine-Wire Clamps: 2 x 0.28 mm2 – 2 x 1 mm2
- Bus Voltage: 20-30VDC
- Dimensions: 2.83 x 3.82 x 0.98 inches
- Warranty: 2 Years
- 9 Guard Units per System
- 60 Buildings per System
- 250 Indoor Stations per Building
- 9 Outdoor Stations per Building (including gate and other outdoor stations)
- 2 Locks per Outdoor Station