2GIG EDGE Security Panel with 7" Touchscreen, Verizon
7-Inch Color Touchscreen For 2GIG & Z-Wave
Experience the next evolution in smart security and home automation with the 2GIG EDGE Security Panel with 7" Touchscreen, Verizon. This touchscreen security control panel coordinates Z-Wave, 2GIG, and Honeywell security and automation devices to transform your home into a dynamic and secure smart home.
- Touchscreen control panel coordinates Z-Wave, 2GIG, and Honeywell security and automation devices and scenes
- Dual Wi-Fi and Verizon LTE wireless communication keeps the EDGE Security Panel online and connected to remote controllers
- Voice control compatible using Google Assistant, Amazon Echo, and Siri Shortcuts
- Industry-first facial recognition and Bluetooth disarming enable true hands-free operation
- Monitor up to 4 separate ONVIF camera feeds at a time and switch between up to 8 connected cameras and video doorbells
- Built-in camera, microphone, glass break sensor, and siren module provide enhanced security capabilities
- Smart Areas allow for easy programming of up to 4 independent security or automation zones
- Monitor automation & security sensors, security cameras, and more (with remote monitoring account, Alarm.com recommended)
2GIG's Smart Areas allows you to create up to 4 easily configurable smart security zones in your home or business, allowing for partial arming/disarming or easy On/Off control of groups of devices within a selected zone. For example, you can select the following as your 4 sections:
- Main House: Activate sensors and lock the front door, ready to notify you once unplanned entry is detected.
- Garage: Disarm sensors in the garage or unlock the door within a specified time frame while you're at work, allowing packages to be delivered and stored safely.
- Guest/Rental: Arm and monitor certain sections of your property that are either off limits or specifically catered to guests.
- Office: Arm a section of a room (like in an office) that isn't regularly accessed, which could contain valuables inside.
- Touchscreen Display: With an intuitive, gesture-based user interface, the full-color touchscreen display is large at 7 inches (17.8 cm) diagonal.
- Piezo Sounder and Internal Speaker: External alarms are sounded by an 85 dB Piezo Sounder, while voice notifications, chimes, intercoms, and other audio notifications are delivered by dual front facing speakers.
- 2-Way Voice: The EDGE Security Panel can communicate directly with remote stations, such as video doorbells, remote panels, and compatible cameras. Additionally, users can silently listen-in after receiving a duress report from the end user.
- System Vocabulary/Voice Descriptors: A list of words can be integrated with the on-screen user interface and audio announcements. For example, when someone opens the front door, the system will announce "front door."
- Remote Monitoring: With a remote monitoring account (Alarm.com recommended), you'll be able to use your smartphone to check whether or not you locked the front door or turned down the heat. You'll even be able to open the garage door remotely to ensure your package is delivered safely and watch video of it from one of your connected security cameras.
- Z-Wave and Z-Wave Plus v2 Compatibility: Up to 232 smart Z-Wave and Z-Wave Plus devices, along with Honeywell and 2GIG sensors can be added to communicate with the EDGE Panel.
- Alarm Button/LED Indicator: By tapping this button, you'll see the Panic, Fire, and Emergency buttons on the screen.
- Home Button/LED Indicator: This button wakes the touchscreen and gives users the ability to return to the touchscreen's Home screen.
- Cellular Radio Module with Internal Antenna: A snap-in Cellular Radio Module with an internal antenna fits neatly in the side panel. It transmits alarms and trouble alerts to the Central Station, and also supports 2-Way Voice communication.
- 24-Hour Backup Battery: A 24-hour backup battery supports the EDGE Panel during temporary AC power failures and outages.
- USB Port: A USB port is located at the top of the EDGE Panel. It can be used with a USB thumb drive (sold separately) to update the system's firmware.
- WiFi: The built-in WiFi module allows the system to be connected to a WiFi network for dual path communication, OTA updates, and connection with secondary keypads.
- Access Point: The built-in Access Point allows for a direct connection with secondary keypads via WiFi without the need to connect to a local network.
Z-Wave Plus v2 Certification
Z-Wave Plus v2 is an upgraded Z-Wave certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the latest Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 700 Series or Gen7 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus v2 compatible devices include extended wireless range up to 2600 ft/800 m, three layers of encryption, faster operation, and longer battery life.
The control panel mounts to a wall using the included mounting plate and installation hardware.
There are two ways to connect the wires for the power supply to the EDGE Panel:
- Terminal Block: Securely fasten a 2-conductor power wire (not supplied) to the appropriate PWR+/PWR- screw positions on the EDGE Panel's terminal block.
- Barrel Connector: A plug-in power supply with a barrel connector (part #: 2GIG-EDG-BATT, sold separately) can be plugged into the DC power adapter's barrel jack on the EDGE Panel. IMPORTANT: When selecting a wall outlet, never connect the plug-in power supply to a switch-controlled outlet.
- Control Panel
Note: Power adapter not included. All Internet capabilities require an active remote monitoring account (Alarm.com recommended).
Innovation Drives 2GIG Technology
Now under Nortek's family of Linear products, 2GIG offers intuitive and creative home technology with its premier self-contained, all-in-one security and home automation system. 2GIG's GoControl system has become a leading control hub for Z-Wave wireless systems, has and won numerous industry awards, including TechHome's 2011 Security Product of the Year and the 2012 Overall Maximum Impact Award at Electronic Security Expo (ESX). With 2GIG in control, users experience technology they never thought possible.
- Manufacturer Part #: 2GIG-EDG-NA-VA
- Face recognition disarm
- Bluetooth disarm
- Glass break detection with advanced audio analytics
- Video live view on the panel
- Alarm.com cameras on the panel
- Doorbell on the panel with 2-way audio and door unlock
- ONVIF camera support
- Photo capture while viewing on a 7" LCD – RGB: 16.7 million colors
- Data privacy
- 2GIG secure 6-digit personal codes
- One-touch arming
- eSeries encrypted sensors
- Emergency (fire, medical, police)
- 100 users
- 100 wireless zones
- 2 wired zones
- Wired bell output
- 32 keyfobs
- 8 keypads
- 2 open collector outputs
- Image sensor 3
- Best in class 2-way voice
- Dual microphones (digital)
- Noise and echo cancellation
- Front firing speakers
- Annunciations and chimes
- Communication: User-replaceable cell radio with integrated antenna
- 4G LTE (Verizon)
- 3G fall-back
- Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz (802.11 b/g/n, WPA-TKIP/WPA2-AES)
- Wi-Fi access point
- Integrated Z-Wave Plus V2 radio (700 series)
- Z-Wave S2 and SmartStart
- Voice Control Assistants:
- Google Assistant
- Amazon Echo
- Siri Shortcuts
- 100-240VAC 50/60Hz 1.7A 14VDC adapter
- Lithium-Polymer backup battery (24 hrs.)
- Operating Temperature: 32° F to 104° F (0° C to 40° C)
- Operating Humidity: 0 to 90%
- FCC: Part 15, Part 68
- ISED, RSS210/RSS247
- UL 985, UL 1023, UL 2017, ULC-S545, ULC S304 (for Canada)
- SIA CP-01
- CSFM BML Listed
- PROP-65, ROHS
- Warranty: Limited 3 years