Zipato Zipabox2 Home Automation Controller
Add On What You Want to this Modular Home Server
The Zipato Zipabox 2 is the latest automation and security hub for the Zipato automation and security system. This modular smart hub offers customizable control over various devices that use different communication protocols through add-on expansion modules and your smartphone. The Zipabox 2 acts as a nexus between the Internet, your smart devices, and the various communication technologies to command your smart devices through simple, modular customization.
- Modular smart hub with room for expanded power, function, and connectivity
- Supports control over lighting, security, environmental sensors, access control, and more
- Z-Wave Plus, WiFi, and Bluetooth connectivity out of the box
- Add-on modules provide additional power and connectivity options, including Zigbee, EnOcean, 3G/4G, and more
- Easy to use online web portal features drag and drop rule creation
- Connects to web portal via Power over Ethernet (PoE) connection
- Free app for iOS and Android devices
As a modular controller, the Zipabox 2 is easily customized with snap-on expansion modules. Out of the box, the Zipabox 2 supports Z-Wave Plus, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth connected devices. Additional expansion modules can be purchased to support other communication protocols, such as ZigBee, Serial, KNX, EnOcean, 3G/4G and more. Other add-on modules provide backup power capabilities and increased memory storage to support more automation or security devices.
The Zipato Zipabox 2 receives programming information from the Zipato web portal through your Internet router and uses wireless radio (RF) technologies, such as WiFi or Z-Wave, to communicate with your connected devices.
The Zipato Rule Creator web portal is free to access and requires no subscription fees. You will use the web portal to log in online to configure your devices, monitor your home's security, and review energy consumption of metered devices. You'll also be able to set up multiple users with different access rights, review home event history, set up email and text alerts, and customize your system by adding or removing devices.
The web portal can be accessed through any web browser, as well as a free smartphone app. The app is available to download for iOS and Android mobile devices, providing convenient remote control for your home.
DIY Customization with Zipato Rule Creator
Through the web portal, you can access the Zipato Rule Creator, an online intuitive graphical programming tool that lets you add devices or change settings whenever you want from anywhere in the world. Just log into your account to make changes. No software installation or programming skills are required!
The Zipato Rule Creator allows you to create "rules" for your connected devices. Rules trigger events when other events occur. You can easily develop rules yourself with the Rule Creator's comprehensive library of drag and drop micro blocks (control functions), which can be mixed, matched and stacked to create simple or complex control sequences. Events can be triggered by:
- Conditions (many)
- Status change of any device
- Absolute time
- Sunrise/sunset (with offset)
- By email received
- Security panel events
- By matched infrared codes
- Recurring at regular second/minute intervals
- Event actions
- Optional Monitoring Service
- Zipabox 2
- Ethernet Cable
- Power Adapter
NOTE: Requires a broadband Internet router and active Internet service.
Security & Automation For Every Home
Zipato is a cloud-based home automation and security system designed to make homes safe, comfortable and energy efficient. Compatible with a variety of wired and wireless automation protocols, Zipato supports flexible installation, customization, and DIY expandability. Control Zipato locally or over the Internet for complete home control and peace of mind!
- Manufacturer Part #: ZB2.MAIN
- ARM Cortex-A7 Quad-Core, 1.3GHz CPU
- 256MB RAM
- 4GB Flash memory
- Ethernet 100Base-TX
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Optional radio modules (Z-Wave+, Zigbee, EnOcean, 433 MHz)
- Operating System: Linux (4.1x kernels)
- Power input: 9-12VDC
- Internal backup battery (900mAh)
- Power supply input: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz
- Power usage: Idle: 1.2W, Max 2.4W
- Optional Power over Ethernet
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 104°F (0°to 40°C)
- Storage Temperature: -13° to 158°F (-25° to 70°C)
- Humidity: 5 to 95 percent, non-condensing
- 2 programmable buttons
- 2 programmable green LEDs
- 1 programmable RGB LEDs
- I/O: USB 2.0
- Certifications: UL, EMC: FCC, CE, RoHS
- Physical Dimensions: 3.38 L x 3.38 W x 1.85 H
- Automation Options:
- Remote automation software
- Online remote control interface
- CAT5e UTP patch LAN Cable
- Optional Antenna included with add-on modules
- Warranty: 1 Year