Zen Wi-Fi Thermostat (Open Box)
Simply, Stylish Wi-Fi Touchscreen Thermostat
Introduce stylish temperature control into your home with the Zen Wi-Fi Thermostat. This touchscreen Wi-Fi thermostat offers simple and easy-to-navigate controls to change and maintain temperature in your home or office. Control the Zen Thermostat with simple one-touch controls on the thermostat, or remotely on a computer or smart device. The smart thermostat's LED screen lights up when in use and turns off automatically when not in use to save power.
- Smart touchscreen thermostat controls heating, cooling, and fans in your home or office
- LED screen displays simple icons and numbers to illustrate status and temperature
- Four operation modes: Heating, Cooling, Fan, and Auto
- Compatible with low-voltage, single-zone HVAC systems and single-speed fans
- Create schedules, measure and save energy, and limit user access
- Remote operation via smartphone app when connected to a Wi-Fi network
The Zen Thermostat features a simple user interface that provides quick and simple operation:
- Touch the center of the thermostat to wake it and show the current temperature.
- Touch the center of the thermostat again to see set point temperatures and either switch operation modes or adjust set temperatures.
- Touch the left or right arrows to change operation modes.
- Touch the up or down arrows to change the set point temperatures
- After waking up the thermostat, touching the center or leaving it for 2 seconds confirms any displayed selection.
The Zen Thermostat mounts onto a wall in place of your existing thermostat with the included hardware and mounting plate. Disconnect wires from your previous thermostat and attach them to the correct terminal ends. The Zen Thermostat connects to the wall mounting plate with magnetic contacts for easy installation and removal.
When the Zen Thermostat is removed from its wall mount, it enters PREFS mode, which allows you to change the thermostat's settings and preferences.
Connect the Zen Thermostat via Wi-Fi with compatible SmartThings, SwannOne, Almond+, and Securifi smart home hubs. Control the Zen Thermostat remotely with the associated free automation hub app.
- Zen Thermostat Display
- (4) AA Batteries
- Wall Mounting Plate
- Wall Blanking plate
- Mounting Hardware
- Instruction Manual
NOTE: Zen is not compatible with high-voltage (120-240V), baseboard, or multi-zone HVAC systems or multi-speed fans. A compatible connected automation hub that supports Wi-Fi devices is required for remote operation and scheduling. Powered by four (4) AA batteries (included).
Zen – Intelligent Energy Management
Zen Ecosystems focuses on reducing customer energy bills through simple, beautiful products including their smart thermostat and their powerful Zen HQ web platform. Their aesthetically pleasing and intuitive products bring new energy-saving solutions to residential and commercial customers.
- Manufacturer Part #: ZEN-02W
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Temperature Control Modes: Cool, Heat, Auto, and Emergency Heat
- Fan Modes: 1, 2, or 3 stage fan systems, with auto fan mode
- Environment Sensing: Temperature
- Temperature Adjustment: ± 1 °F OR 0.5°C
- User input: Touch interface
- Display: LED Matrix
- Wall mounting: Mounting bracket with magnetic connection to main body
- Color: White body with White display, Black body with White display
- Thermostat: 4.33 (H) x 4.33 (W) x 0.88 (D) inches
- Wall Plate: 5.91 (H) x 4.73 (W) x 0.20 (D) inches
HVAC system compatibility
- Heating System Types: Forced Air, Heat pump, Gas, Electric, Millivolt, Hydronic
- Heating stages: 1 or 2, plus emergency heat
- Cooling Systems: Heat pump, Evaporative, Hydronic
- Cooling stages: 1 or 2
- Heat Pump support: Two-stage reversible heat pump (with Auxiliary/Emergency Heat)
- Wireless protocols: 802.11 B/G/N 2.4GHZ
- Firmware upgrade: Over-the-air (OTA) upgrade
- Compatibility: iOS (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch 9.0 or later) Android (6.0 or Later) OpenHome approved, SmartThings, SwannOne, Almond+, Securifi
Setup and Installation
- HVAC system rating: 24V AC (nominal); 2A max per relay
- Battery Life: 2 years (on 4 x AA batteries, with typical use) Continuous operation if a C-wire is connected
- Installation Manuals: Paper-based quick-start guide; Web-based system setup and wiring guide
- Display Language: English, French, Spanish