Yale Z-Wave Plus Touchscreen Deadbolt Assure Lock (Gen5)
Z-Wave Deadbolt With Touch Keypad & Turnkeys
Conveniently secure your front door with or without a key by replacing your old standard deadbolt with the Yale Z-Wave Plus Touchscreen Deadbolt Assure Lock (Gen5). This electronic, motorized deadbolt offers a touch-capacitive keypad on the outside and a thumbturn on the inside, as well as a traditional keyhole. To lock/unlock the door, input your 4-8 digit code into the keypad, use a traditional turnkey (two included), or turn the indoor thumbturn. Plus, by integrating this Z-Wave Plus lock into your Z-Wave network (optional), you can make your home even smarter with wireless capabilities. (If Apple HomeKit compatibility is desired instead of Z-Wave, alternatively purchase the HomeKit Yale lock, part number YRD256-iM1, sold separately.)
- Keyed touchscreen deadbolt with backlit keypad
- Lock/unlock via Z-Wave, numbered access code, or turnkey
- Give unique codes to friends and family
- Remove individual codes whenever you need to
- Z-Wave Plus certified for wide compatibility
- Easy to install, battery-powered, no wiring required
- Weather-resistant keypad numbers won't wear off
- One-touch locking and keypad wake-up
- ANSI/BHMA Grade 2 for strong, reliable security
The Yale Z-Wave Plus Touchscreen Deadbolt Assure Lock comes with an optional Z-Wave Plus Network Module, allowing integration into your Z-Wave network. The lock can seamlessly integrate into 50+ home automation and security systems including Vera, SmartThings, Alarm.com, Honeywell, Vivent, and more. Once integrated, the Z-Wave deadbolt gains additional features*:
- Lock/unlock deadbolt remotely via Z-Wave
- Max. number of user codes increases from 25 to 250
- Create codes, view access history, and adjust settings via Z-Wave
- History log shows when family/friends come and go in real time
- Trigger other Z-Wave devices upon valid/invalid code entries
- Privacy mode locks out all users for enhanced security
*Features may vary based on Z-Wave controller.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
Designed for use with most standard interior or exterior doors, the deadbolt installs on doors measuring 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 inches thick (1-3/8" requires special thin door gasket). All the necessary hardware (latch, strike, screws, etc.) is included, along with a template for door preparation and detailed instructions.
- Installs on a standard door 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 inches thick
- Adjustable latch fits existing backset of either 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Suitable for right-handed or left-handed operation
The deadbolt is powered by four (4) AA batteries, which are included and should last for about one year. The Z-Wave Network Module easily snaps in above the batteries. When the battery is low, or wrong codes are entered, or the lock is tampered with, an alert is triggered.
Programming is accomplished either at the lock via the touchscreen, or through your Z-Wave system controller. This touchscreen model (unlike the push button model) provides voice-assisted programming to help you through the setup process. Voice assistance is available in three languages – English, Spanish, French – and has adjustable volume.
- Z-Wave Plus Touchscreen Deadbolt Assure Lock
- Z-Wave Plus Network Module, Plug-In
- (4) AA Batteries
- (2) Turnkeys
- Mounting Hardware
- Instruction Manual
Note: Optional network integration requires a Z-Wave controller.
Yale Real Living – Solutions for the Digital Home
As a residential product line under the Yale Security brand, the Yale Real Living series brings over a century of innovation to the digital home. Known for manufacturing top-quality deadbolts and leversets, Yale now offers lock hardware and other home security solutions fit for the modern, connected age.
- Manufacturer Part #:
- Bright Brass: YRD226-ZW2-605
- Oil-Rubbed Bronze: YRD226-ZW2-0BP
- Satin Nickel: YRD226-ZW2-619
- Wireless Protocol: Z-Wave Plus (908.4 MHz) U.S. – includes plug-in Network Module
- Max. User Codes: Standalone: 25 user codes; With Network Module: 250 user codes; 4-8 digits each
- Keypad Type: Touchscreen
- Grade: Grade 2: A156.36 ANSI/BHMA
- Handing: Self handing (Please hand while in unlocked position)
- Batteries: 4 AA Alkaline Batteries (Included)
- Face Bore: 2-1/8"
- Edge Bore: 1"
- Backset: 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Latch: Adjustable
- Latch Front: RC (Round Corner)
- Door Thickness: 1-3/4" to 2-1/4", 1-3/8" requires special thin door gasket
- Strike: 1-1/8" x 2-3/4"
- Strike Front: RC (Round Corner)
- Thumbturn: Yes
- Cylinder: 5-Pin Cylinder
- Keyway 1: KW-1, 5-Pin
- Number of Keys: 2
- Weight: 5 pounds
- Lock Dimensions:
- Exterior: 1-3/8 x 2-3/4 x 6-1/16 inches
- Interior: 2-1/8 x 3 x 6-7/8 inches
- Approvals: ANSI/BHMA Grade 2 – BHMA Certified
- Warranty: 1 Year for Electronics, Lifetime Limited for Finish/Mechanical