X10 PRO Wired-In Coupler Repeater Amplifier (Open Box)
Boosts X10 Signals & Bridges Electrical Phases
You can improve X10 performance and conveniently control X10 modules placed on different phases of your home's electrical system by installing the X10 PRO Wired-In Coupler Repeater Amplifier. The coupler/repeater serves as a signal-bridge across split-phase and 3-phase electrical systems, repeating X10 signals from one phase to another.
- Amplifies X10 signals to improve system reliability
- Repeats X10 signals from one phase to another
- Perfect for split-phase and 3-phase systems
- Covers homes measuring over 3,000 sq. feet
Devices such as TVs, computer equipment, or anything with a complex power supply can absorb X10 signals. Even if you have a smaller home, but you use a great number of electronic devices, then installing the X10 coupler repeater is a great way to ensure maximum functionality of your X10 system.
Bridges Split-Phase & 3-Phase Systems
The X10 coupler repeater can work on three-phase (120/208 VAC) electrical systems, commonly found in commercial apartments and condominiums. In split-phase installations, often found in single family homes, one of the wires will be capped off and unused.
Works Better Than a Signal Bridge
The X10 coupler repeater has the same powerful capabilities as the standard X10 signal bridge, but it also boosts the X10 signal and blasts it out both legs of electricity at the same time. As long as the initial incoming signal is 100mV, the coupler repeater will kick up the outgoing signal to over 5 volts (depending on your home's impedance).
- The XPCR is not a filter.
- Installation should be performed by qualified installers only. The main breaker must be turn-off during installation. The coupler must be installed in a suitable workbox or enclosure per local code.
X10 Makes It So Easy To Automate Your Home!
X10 began manufacturing home automation and security products in the late 70s, establishing X10 as a smart home standard. X10 utilizes powerline technology to transmit control signals anywhere in your house over your existing electrical lines, so you can control lights and appliances throughout your home without running new wires! Have complete, automated control over lights and appliances from anywhere in your home with X10.
- Manufacturer Part #: XPCR
- Home Size: Over 3,000 sq. feet
- Phase Systems: 2-or 3-phase
- Dimensions: 3(H) x 4.7(H) x 1.6(D) inches (75 x 120 x 40mm)
- 240VAC or 120/208
- Split-Phase System: 120/240V – L1, L2 (cap off last black wire C)
- 3-Phase System: 120/208V (WYE) – L1, L2, L3 (NOT FOR 3-PHASE DELTA Systems)
- Generally for residences 2000 to 2500 sq. feet or larger. Homes with an abundance of electronic devices will be served better with the increased signal strength of the XXPXPCR.