Web Mountain RUC-01K Remote UPB Controller (Open Box)
OPEN BOX ITEM
This product is brand new; however, we did ship it to a previous customer who promptly returned it. The product is still in great condition, but the original box may be damaged or missing. We offer FREE tech support and are selling this as is, with no returns.
Now Works With UPB, Z-Wave, X10 & ESI Devices!
The Remote Universal Controller is the most advanced remote setup, management and trouble-shooting appliance on the market today. The Controller now supports Z-Wave, X10 and ESI devices! Mix and match UPB, Z-Wave, X10 and ESI modules for the perfect set of controls. You can monitor and control any UPB, Z-Wave or X10 module (including HVAC) from anywhere in the world, using your smart phone or any other web-enabled device.
- Mix and match UPB, Z-Wave, X10 and ESI modules for a versatile home network
- Turn lights and appliances on/off according to pre-defined schedules
- Control modules from anywhere in the world
- Send email alerts for a wide variety of events
- Combine with motorized shades, IP-thermostats, cameras and modules to save energy
You can run UPStart from your desktop to manage, setup, change and trouble-shoot your automated network at your office or your customer's home. UPStart is and will always be the state of the art for the UPB universe. Any other "remote access" device will have to replicate all of UPStart's setup, management, trouble-shooting and diagnostic capabilities. Every time a new UPB product hits the market, new features are added to an existing product or new diagnostic capabilities (like the recent device-to-device communication test) are invented, any competing remote access server will have to be updated accordingly. Not so with the Remote Universal Controller. Just run the latest version of UPStart on your local PC and you will be able to apply new UPStart features to any customer site that has a Controller installed.
The Controller maintains the current date, automatically adjusts for daylight savings time and leap year, and controls events based on local sunset and sunrise. It utilizes flash memory to ensure the correct operation of all functions after power outages. The Controller can also be used as an email originator. Set up various triggering links that signal the Controller to send an email to you (or your customer) to inform you of problems or issues that need to be addressed.
All programming is done from user friendly, web based screens. Various networking options are provided including DHCP or fixed IP addressing, access using DYNDNS type of services, and remote access using port forwarding. Use the browser on your iPhone, iTouch or iPad, or use apps intended for a Chumby, Sony Dash, or other mobile device to control your automated network.
UPB GEN II PC Interface Module
The UPB Computer Interface Module provides a mechanism to convert UPB signals from a computer or NetPlace server to the AC network for transmission throughout the home. The SPIM module plugs into a standard AC outlet. On the bottom of the unit is a standard RS-232 DB-9 connector which is attached to a serial port on the computer or NetPlace server using the appropriate cable.
The physical design of the SPIM module provides optimum flexibility by incorporating a pass-through electrical plug with a non-controlled outlet on its face, resulting in no loss of outlet availability for other household devices.
The key to the SPIM module's function is the Universal Powerline Bus technology for communication applications. Use of standard electrical wiring for communication transmission is possible due to lower noise levels, stronger signal strength and improved reliability surpassing technologies such as X-10, CeBus and others. UPB technology also allows enough individually addressable devices to control the largest residential environment – usually without the need for phase coupling and without affecting or being affected by adjacent home environments.
- Universal Remote Controller
- UPB Serial Plug-in Computer Interface Module
- Power Supply
- Quick Start Guide
- User Instructions
About Web Mountain Technologies
Web Mountain Technologies is the UPB (Universal Powerline Bus) company that makes lighting control, energy management and home automation affordable for everyone. As one of the first residential licensees of the Universal Powerline Bus (UPB) protocol, we have been providing comfort, convenience, security and savings to home owners since 2004. UPB is the gateway to the comfort and convenience of lighting control, the security of home automation, and the savings offered by active energy management.
- Run Upstart or other setup software over a LAN or the Internet for remote configuration and trouble-shooting
- Set up schedules for UPB, Z-Wave, X10 and ESI
- Trigger events – send UPB, Z-Wave, X10 or ESI commands or email based on receipt of specific UPB, Z-Wave, X10 or ESI commands
- Synchronizes with online time servers for increased clock accuracy
- Tested and compliant with FCC Part 15
- Save truck rolls, gas and time
- Trouble-shoot remotely
- Change or add scenes remotely
- Originate emails to alert owner or installer of exceptional conditions
- Turn any UPB, Z-Wave, X10 or ESI device into a count-down (delay) timer for bathroom fans, closet lights etc.
- Set up multi-protocol scenes
- Integrate motorized drapes or shades with your UPB, Z-Wave or X10 system
- Use the RUC as an Ethernet PIM with large scale home automation systems
- Email alerts
- Support motion detectors, occupancy sensors etc.
- Garage door sensing and remote closure
- Outdoor and landscape lighting control
- Use an iPhone, iTouch, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Chumby, Sony Dash, or other mobile device to control your home
- Input: 100 VAC to 240 VAC
- Output: 5VDC, 1A
- Output connector: 2.1 x 5.5mm
UPB Serial Plug-in Computer Interface Module
- Case: Plug-in module with AC pass-through
- Dimensions: approx. 1.375(D) X 2.375(W) X 3.25(H) inches
- Net Weight: 4 ounces
- Protocol: UPB
- Input Voltage: 120V AC ± 10 percent, 60 Hz, 3 prong, Pass-through, max load 15A
- Computer Interface: RS-232 Serial
- Certifications: UL 1950, FCC Part 15, Class B
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 50 degrees C, -30 to 120 degrees F
Remote Universal Controller
- Packaging: Standalone unit with wall-wart power supply
- Input/Output Ports: 2 DB9 serial, 1 Ethernet, 1 USB (future)
- Dimensions: 5 x 3.7 x 1.6 inches
- Net Weight: 16 ounces
- Color: Black
- Protocol: UPB, Z-Wave, X10, ESI (requires a separate external interface unit for each protocol)
- Addressing: 250 network codes; 250 individual device codes
- Wall wart Input/Output Voltage: 120V AC ±10 percent, 60 Hz / +5VDC
- Certifications: FCC part 15, Class B
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 50 degrees C, -30 to 120 degrees F