Simply Automated US22-40 UPB Universal Dual Dimmer Control Base
Controls Two Separate Circuits
Simply Automated's SimplyBrilliant Universal UPB Dual Dimmer Controller Base (model US22-40) provides ultra-reliable control and energy saving timed-off control of new and existing lighting fixtures, lamps, fans and other electrical devices, including LED fixtures. Each unit has two dimmers that control two separate loads of 1W min. to 550W max. each. It can also transmit and receive lighting scene commands with other Universal Powerline Bus (UPB) switches, plug-in modules, fixture modules as well as any PC, security, home automation controller that provides a UPB serial driver option – to control virtually anything that connects to AC power anywhere in the home.
Note: The Universal UPB Dual Dimmer Controller Base requires a faceplate (13 to choose from, sold separately), available in white, almond, ivory, black or brown. The faceplates are easily changed in the home.
No new wires
- Communicates over existing power lines
- Transmits and receives UPB lighting scenes
UPB technology delivers...
- Exceptional reliability and noise immunity
- Lowest installed cost compared to hardwired and RF solutions
- No interference between adjacent homes
Easily configured or reconfigured with UPStart (PC) software
- Makes changing lighting scenes and control quick and easy
Dual 550 Watt Load Controls
- Two independent 550W outputs
Interchangeable ‘Universal' faceplate assemblies
- 78 faceplate options, 13 styles x 6 standard colors
- Change color and functionality in the field
- Higher flexibility for homeowners; lower inventory costs for installers
Intuitive rocker/button action
- Both ON/OFF and dimming capabilities
- 200 dimming steps and Resume Dim
- Adjustable (faster) response time and fade rate
- Automatically turns off load(s)
- 15 presets, locally or scene-link controlled
Manual Scene-Link Modification with Rocker/Buttons
- Add or delete devices from scene with 7 or 8 taps
- Adjust linked devices' light level and save with 7 taps
Thermal overload protection
Aesthetically pleasing Blue/Green Dual LED indicator
Dedicated Remote Switch (Model USR) connections
- Provides inexpensive 3 or more-way control option
Manual scene-link modification: These capabilities are unique to Simply Automated devices. A user can easily change existing scenes, adding or removing devices and adjusting light levels, by pressing rocker/buttons in a specific sequence without using UPStart. See User Guide for details.
UPB Switches & In-Wall Controllers From Simply Automated
Simply Automated, Inc (SAI) provides an ultra-reliable powerline-based control technology that is as easy to install as it is to use. Universal Powerline Bus (UPB) technology significantly improves the reliability of control applications in the home. Through diligent testing, field trials, and residential installations, UPB has been proven to be greater than 99.9% reliable, so you can install it and forget about it!
- Power: 120VAC ± 10%, 60Hz
- Compatible Loads: 1 Watt minimum, 900W (7.5 Amp) maximum at 120VAC. Configurable for dimming (default) or On/Off dimming disabled. Allows use with incandescent, Halogen, fluorescent, LED, low voltage lighting transformers, ballasts and motors-pump/fan. Dims any standard dimmable fixture.
- Connections: 6"stranded pigtails, #16 AWG for power/load, #20 AWG for traveler wires
- Black: AC Line
- White: AC Neutral
- Brown: Load 1
- Red: Load 2
- White/Brown: Traveler 1
- White/Red: Traveler 2
- Operating Temperature: 30 to 120° F (0 to 50° C)
- Dimensions: 4.2(H) x 1.7(W) x 1.6(D) inches (107 x 43 x 41mm) depth inside J-box = 1.35 inches (34mm)
- Weight: 4.9 ounces (139g)
- Mounting: Standard J-box
The model US22 is the ideal solution to reduce the number of switches and j-boxes in the home. The dual load output works well in paddle fan and bathroom light and fan applications. The response time function is adjustable down to 300mSec so lights come on quickly. The energy saving timer function automatically turns off the switch load after a pre-set period of 1, 5 or 30 seconds, 1, 2, 4, 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50 minutes, 1, 2, 3, or 4 hours. The timer can be disabled so the US22 functions like a standard dimmer (no timer function) or enabled to activate with a rocker push. In addition, another button or rocker on the US22 (or another UPB switch) can command any of the timer functions of the US22, via a lighting scene-link command, to enable any selection of timed off options (e.g. buttons for 1 minute, 4 minutes, 10 minutes, 1 hour).
UPStart UPB Software
This Windows-based application, along with a UPB Powerline Interface Module (PIM), allows you to program, configure and test your UPB smart home automation system. »Free download here