STI Wireless Universal Alert with Single Channel Slave Receiver
Wireless Single Sensor Zone
Add a wireless universal sensor to your home security system with the STI Wireless Universal Alert with Single Channel Slave Receiver. The Universal Alert Sensor is useful for monitoring a door, window, mailbox, gate, or any other object that opens. When the monitored object is opened, the Universal Alert Sensor will signal your connected slave receiver to alert you. The receiver hard-wires into your third-party home automation or security system control panel to enable wireless communication with the sensor.
- Sensor with three trigger methods sends alerts when tripped
- Slave Receiver connects sensor to third-party control panel
- 1000 feet line of sight transmission range between sensor and receiver
- Supervised for low battery and signal reception
- Mounts with double-sided tape or screws
How It Works
The Universal Alert can trigger an alert in three different ways: internal magnetic sensor, internal tilt sensor, or external switch.
- Magnetic: Triggers when sensor and magnet are separated by at least 1-1/3 inches.
- Tilt: Triggers when sensor is tilted more than 45 degrees from the vertical position.
- External Switch: Terminals must first have a closed circuit. An open circuit triggers an alert signal.
Although the Universal Alert Sensor is designed for indoor use, it can be mounted outdoors by using silicone sealant on the wire and screw hole knockouts. The contact also includes an 18-inch lead for irregular installations.
The STI Single Channel Slave Receiver receives 433.92 MHz radio signals from one STI transmitter. It utilizes Form C relay contacts rated at 1A at 12 VDC to connect to a control panel. Install the Single Slave Receiver into a protected enclosure to prevent signal interference.
To activate the slave receiver, move the onboard switch to Program. Connect the Universal Alert or desired transmitter to the receiver by activating the transmitter (see transmitter instructions). The receiver will beep twice to confirm programming. Afterwards, move the mode switch to the intended mode. Activate the connected transmitter again to confirm enrollment.
- Universal Alert (STI-34401)
- Single Channel Slave Receiver (STI-34098)
- 3V Lithium Battery (installed)
NOTE: The Single Channel Slave Receiver receives signals from only one transmitter. Attempting to program a second transmitter will delete original transmitter. Choosing a trigger option for the sensor requires cutting wires. Once the wires are cut, you can only use a different trigger by soldering the cut wires back together.
We Protect The Things That Protect You®
Safety Technology International (STI) is a family owned and operated business that began over 35 years ago with Jack Taylor's invention of the Stopper Pull Station Protector. STI now markets more than 1,000 products throughout the world that help prevent false fire alarms, theft, and vandalism of the devices that protect us all.
- Manufacturer Part #: STI-34409
- Warranty: 1 year
- Wireless Range: 1,000 feet line of sight
- Power Source: One CR-123A 3V lithium battery (included)
- Battery Life: Approx. 5 years
- Operating Voltage: 12 VDC; 16mA
- Standby Voltage: 12 VDC; 10mA
- Resistive Contact Ratings: 30 AC/DC, 1A
- Approvals: FCC, IC