Qolsys IQ Wireless S-Line Encrypted Pet Immune Motion Sensor
Monitor a Large Room for Motion
Detect people moving up to 30 feet away, while ignoring small pets up to 40 pounds, with the Qolsys IQ Wireless S-Line Encrypted Pet Immune Motion Sensor (AKA the IQ Motion-S). When motion is detected, this wireless battery-powered sensor sends a notification to your compatible control panel/receiver (319.5 MHz wireless frequency), such as a GE/Interlogix Panel (NetworX, Simon, etc.) or a Qolsys IQ Panel. The sensor can also be included in automation rules. For example, you could create a rule that turns on a light when someone enters the room. The sensor easily mounts at a variety of angles in a wall corner or on a shelf with the included hardware, providing coverage for a large area.
- Detects human motion up to 30 feet x 50 feet (80 degrees horizontally)
- Ignores pets up to 40 pounds to prevent false alarms
- Compatible with 319.5 MHz wireless panels, such as GE/Interlogix or Qolsys IQ
- Alerts for tamper, tamper restore, alarm, alarm restore, supervisory, low battery
- Wireless range up to 600 feet from panel
- "S-Line" encryption protects signals
- Battery-powered, no wiring required
About S-Line Encryption
Qolsys wireless devices that feature S-Line ("Secure Line") technology offer advanced encryption to safeguard your wireless signals against hacking.
The technology employs an advanced encryption scheme between the wireless sensor/device and the control panel to ensure that wireless event transmissions are always unique, preventing and eliminating common replay attacks (when an unscrupulous person uses an easy-to-purchase software-defined radio or "listening device" to replay events that were previously sent by wireless devices paired with a security system.) At time of pairing, S-Line technology passes a unique key which enables the encryption algorithm for unique event transmissions, thereby preventing such replay attacks.
- Motion Sensor
- Batteries (pre-installed)
- Mounting Hardware
NOTE: Requires connection to a compatible control panel/receiver (319.5 MHz wireless frequency), such as a GE/Interlogix Panel (NetworX, Simon, etc.), Qolsys IQ Panel, Leviton 64-Zone Receiver for GE/Interlogix, Elk M1 Wireless Receiver for GE/Interlogix Crystal Transmitters, or other legacy 319.5 MHz system (all sold separately).
Qolsys: All In One. Always Connected.
Founded in 2010 with the mission to improve lives through technology, Qolsys develops innovative life safety, security, and home control devices built to set a higher standard for the industry. Qolsys products are flexible, intuitive, and reliable. As Qolsys says, "There's never been a better time to get connected."
Compatible 319.5 MHz Wireless Panels/Receivers*
- GE/Interlogix Panel (NetworX, Simon, etc.)
- Qolsys IQ Panel (Version 1 or 2)
- Leviton 64-Zone Receiver for GE/Interlogix (part 42A00-2)
- Elk M1 Wireless Receiver for GE/Interlogix Crystal Transmitters (part ELK-M1XRFEG)
*Panels and receivers are sold separately.
- Manufacturer Part #: QS1230-840
- Color: White
- Battery: AAA Alkaline (x2) included; Replace every 3 years.
- Transmitter Frequency: 319.5 MHz ± 15KHz
- Transmitter Bandwidth: 24KHz
- Modulation Type: ASK-OOK
- RF Output Power: 91.1dBuV ± 5 percent at 3m
- Sensor Range: 30 feet (9.1 m) x 50 feet (15.2 m)
- Maximum Horizontal Sensing Angle: 80 degrees
- Code Outputs: pairing, tamper, tamper restore, alarm detect motion, alarm restore, supervisory, low battery
- Approvals: FCC, IC
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited