Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ PowerG Kit (Verizon LTE)
Kickstart Home Security & Home Automation with Qolsys
Create the beginnings of a home security and smart home system with the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus PowerG Kit (Verizon LTE). This home security and home automation kit includes the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus, two PowerG Door/Window Sensors, and one PowerG PIR Motion Sensor. The Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus is the heart of an all-in-one security and smart home hub that supports PowerG, Z-Wave Plus (U.S.), and S-Line / Interlogix 319.5 MHz wireless devices.
- Security and automation kit includes touchscreen controller, a motion sensor, and two door/window sensors
- Touchscreen controller manages security and home automation devices
- Supports PowerG, Z-Wave Plus, and S-Line/Interlogix wireless devices
- Works on the Verizon LTE network (SIM Card built-in)
- Over the air software updates
- 5MP camera, Micro SD card slot, and dual microphones and speakers
- Remote management/monitoring services powered by Alarm.com (includes the Verizon LTE cellular connection)
IQ Panel 2+: Designed with a 7-inch HD color touchscreen and built-in camera, this panel controls your lights, security, thermostat, locks, and many other smart devices. It has an intuitive swipe/scroll/touch-based user interface, and runs on an Android operating system (Android 5.1) to provide an easy-to-use interface with the best security and home automation functionality.
PowerG Door/Window Sensor: This wireless battery-powered magnetic contact sensor reports the open/closed status of a door, window, or other open/close object and sends notifications to your panel. An LED indicates the strength of signal connectivity, making installation easier.
PowerG Motion Sensor: This PIR motion sensor specifically detects human sized subjects up to 39 feet away within indoor areas, helping to prevent false alarms caused by pets moving around your home. The sensor uses adaptive transmission power and frequency hopping technology to save on energy usage and avoid frequency interference.
IQ Panel 2+ Versus IQ Panel 2
Featuring Dual SRF with PowerG wireless technology, the IQ Panel 2+ is upgraded over the original IQ Panel 2 (non-plus version) to bring the most cutting-edge wireless communication into your home. The IQ Panel 2 Plus includes everything you loved in the original IQ Panel 2, plus the following additions:
- Dual SRF with PowerG:
- PowerG and legacy security in a single panel
- Connect the latest PowerG encrypted sensors (DSC brand)
- Keep your existing 319.5 MHz sensors
- No additional translators needed for backwards compatibility
- Works with legacy life safety devices
- Live View: View Alarm.com video cameras on the 7-inch LCD screen
- Live Answer: Answer Skybell Video Doorbell from the IQ Panel
- Setup Wizard: Easy install wizard speeds up installation time
The IQ Panel 2 Plus also includes Qolsys 2.2 Software, with powerful features such as Bluetooth Touchless Disarming, LTE, Wi-Fi Dual Path Connectivity, and more.
Built-In Verizon LTE Wireless Internet
The Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ works on the Verizon LTE network (SIM card included) to transmit and receive security information wirelessly. This allows the system to be controlled remotely with your smartphone or tablet using the Alarm.com mobile app (Android, iOS, Windows, and Blackberry). You'll be able to monitor and control your smart home in real-time from anywhere to arm or disarm your security system, lock or unlock your smart doors, watch live video from your cameras, turn off lights, and much more!
Next Generation LTE: Reliable and future proof, LTE provides better coverage, faster speeds, and quick customer support with remote connectivity, unlike other security companies that still use 3G or 2G, which are dramatically slower.
5MP Panel Camera: A built-in camera captures disarm photos, as well as the time, date, and who disarmed the IQ Panel 2+. The photos are then sent directly to your smartphone so you can see who entered your home.
Built-In Glass Break: Built-in dual microphones work with the Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor and software to detect the sound of breaking glass, providing a built-in glass break detector.
Bluetooth Disarming: Bluetooth touchless disarming allows you to pair up to five smartphones or tablets for secure, authenticated disarming. No more accidentally setting off your alarm. Just leave your smartphone in your pocket or purse to automatically set or disarm your security as you leave or arrive home.
Dual Path Connectivity: Built-in Wi-Fi and LTE radios work together to create dual-path connectivity to the cloud to ensure that you're always connected. This improves latency, reliability, speed, and provides software updates.
Android 5+: Unlike old systems that do not provide software updates, the IQ Panel 2+ uses the Android 5+ operating system that's intuitive, upgradeable, and future proof. It offers language support, a video player, custom text to speech, and an appified experience.
Weather App: Fast access to your 4-day forecast. Just look at the top left corner of the header of IQ Panel 2+. You'll be able to toggle between Fahrenheit and Celsius, and if enabled, you can even receive a severe weather siren warning.
Photo Frame: Built-in Micro SD card slot will allow you to load your own photos as a screensaver. Not only will you have a top notch security and home automation system, but also a digital photo frame so you can show off your recent family photos.
Cutting-Edge PowerG Encrypted Wireless Technology
The PowerG wireless protocol is an upgrade over the original Qolsys wireless protocol, S-Line. PowerG wireless devices (available through the third-party DSC brand) send/receive their signals over 4x the range of traditional S-Line / Interlogix wireless devices, increasing coverage area and reliability. PowerG also features military grade 2-way encryption, automatic signal adjustment to improve battery life, and interference circumvention to prevent signals from being blocked by other wireless protocols in your home.
- 4x range vs traditional wireless
- Industry-best encryption
- Two-way communication
IQ Panels with PowerG are certified by Underwriters Laboratories and earned the UL Listed Mark, meeting UL's nationally recognized standards for safety.
About Legacy S-Line Encryption
In addition to PowerG compatibility, the IQ Panel 2 Plus includes a special "daughter card" that provides backwards compatibility with the 319.5 MHz legacy wireless frequency (Qolsys S-Line / Interlogix), allowing you to keep using your existing sensors without an expensive translator.
Qolsys wireless devices that feature S-Line ("Secure Line") technology (319.5 MHz) also offer advanced encryption to safeguard your wireless signals against hacking. The technology employs an advanced encryption scheme between the wireless sensor/device and the control panel to ensure that wireless event transmissions are always unique, preventing and eliminating common replay attacks (when an unscrupulous person uses an easy-to-purchase software-defined radio or "listening device" to replay events that were previously sent by wireless devices paired with a security system.) At time of pairing, S-Line technology passes a unique key which enables the encryption algorithm for unique event transmissions, thereby preventing such replay attacks.
About Z-Wave Compatibility
Designed to become the foundation for a comprehensive system, the IQ Panel 2+ works with any Z-Wave (U.S.) device from any certified Z-Wave manufacturer. Use the Panel to manage Z-Wave and Qolsys / Interlogix security sensors, lights, locks, thermostats, appliances and more. The IQ Panel 2+ is compatible with all existing Qolsys / Interlogix 319.5 MHz sensors.
The IQ Panel 2+ is monitored by Alarm.com and can be controlled remotely with your smartphone or tablet using the Alarm.com mobile app (Android, iOS, Windows, and Blackberry). You'll be able to monitor and control your smart home in real-time and from anywhere to arm or disarm your security system, lock or unlock your smart doors, watch live video from your cameras, turn off lights, and much more!
The Panel comes with an optional snap-on stand for tabletop use, or the Panel can optionally be mounted to a wall using the integrated mounting holes. The mounting holes accommodate mounting in a 1-gang, 2-gang, or 3-gang box. The Panel has optional locking screws for both table mounting and wall mounting to help ensure the Panel remains in place.
The Panel plugs into a standard power outlet using the included power supply. The required Internet connection is provided by the pre-installed Verizon LTE SIM Card. An Alarm.com account is also required, but not included.
- IQ Panel 2+
- Verizon LTE SIM Card (pre-installed)
- PowerG Motion Sensor (PG9914)
- (2) PowerG Door/Window Sensor (PG9303)
- Table Stand
- Quick Install Guide
- Requires an Internet connection and an active account with Alarm.com.
- Requires the Alarm.com mobile app to monitor and control the IQ Panel 2 remotely using a smartphone or tablet (Android, iOS, Windows, and Blackberry).
- Cameras, doorbells, and other optional accessories are sold separately.
Qolsys: All In One. Always Connected
Founded in 2010 with the mission to improve lives through technology, Qolsys develops innovative life safety, security, and home control devices built to set a higher standard for the industry. Qolsys products are flexible, intuitive, and reliable. As Qolsys says, "There's never been a better time to get connected."
- Manufacturer Part #: QK9201-AK2P-840
7-inch HD Color Touchscreen Hub
- Platform: Android 5.1
- LCD Display: 1
- Size: 7" LCD
- Resolution: 1280 X 800
- Brightness: 300 cd/m2
- RGB: 24bit
- Touchscreen: Capacitive glass multi-touch
- User Codes: Up to 242: Role based (Dealer, Installer, Master, User, Guest, Duress
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band 2.4/5ghz – including built-in router capability
- Image Sensor: Supports up to 5 Alarm.com Image Sensors (if included)
- Z-Wave: Supports up to 152 devices (80 lights, 15 Smart Sockets, 20 Locks, 10 Thermostats, 21 Misc, 6 Garage Doors
- Cellular: LTE (Bands 2,4,5,12,13,17)
- Security R/F: Up to 128 RF Zones. IQ Panel 2 uses Encrypted 319.5MHz. IQ Panel 2+ uses PowerG plus ONE of the following depending on SKU: Encrypted 319.5MHz, 345MHz or 433MHz.
- Bluetooth: Qualcomm Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 4.0
- Hardwire Input: Wired x1: 1 controlled output (open collector), 300mA max with a 12v power supply wired in series. NOTE: For UL/cUL, external siren is for supplementary use only
- Flash Memory: Internal Storage, 12GB NAND Flash
- SD Card Slot: Micro SD slot x 1
- LED Indicator: Green (Disarmed), Red (Armed)
- Speaker: Stereo 1W x 2, Stereo speakers (unified audio)
- Camera: Front camera, 5MP fixed focus
- Microphone: Stereo microphones x 2
- Siren: Piezo, SPL minimum 85dB for UL985
- Tamper: Reporting tamper release button
- Battery: Lithium Polymer 3200mAh
- Buttons: Right side button used for sleep/wake, hard reboot, and clean screen cancel
- Dimensions: 7.75(W) x 5(H) x .75(D) inches (130 x 195 x 23 mm)
- Operational: -10 to 50C, Note: not evaluated by UL/cUL
- Storage: -20 to 50C
- Power Supply:
- AC/DC External Plug-in Adapter: Output: 5v – 7v 1000mA CC, Input 100-240VAC 50/60Hz. Adapter evaluated at 120vAC for UL/cUL
- Mount: Back Plate, Wall mount or table top (stand included)
- UL/cUL: UL/cUL Residential Fire and Burglary and UL Commercial Burglary Alarm Control Unit. Compliant with standards: UL985, UL1023, UL1610, ULC-S545, ULC/ORD-C1023
- FCC: 2AAJXQS-IQPANEL2 (may contain additional modules with separate FCC ID's)
- IC: 11205A-QSIQPANEL2
PowerG Wireless Door/Window Magnetic Contact
- Gap: up to 3/4 inch
- Battery: 3V CR2450 Lithium battery; Replace every 6 years.
- Transmitter Frequency: USA: 912-919 MHz
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 122°C (-10° to 55°C)
- Sensor Dimensions: 2.6(H) x 1.2(W) x 0.4(D) inches (67 x 31 x 11 mm)
- Approvals: FCC, IC, UL, ULC, CE, EN
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited
Wireless PowerG Pet-Immune Motion Sensor
- Sensor Range: 39 ft
- Wireless Signal Range: 600 ft, line of sight
- Compatible Control Panels: Qolsys IQ Panel 2 orPowerSeries Neo alarm systems
- Operating Temperature: 14°F to 122°F (-10°C to 50°C)
- Battery: Replace batteries every 6-8 years with 3V, CR-123A Lithium battery.
- Dimensions: 2.4(W) x 1.66(D) x 3.27(H) inches (61 x 42 x 83 mm)
- Approvals: FCC/IC, UL/ULC, CE, EN, SBSC, INCERT, RCM
»Tyco PG9303 PowerG Wireless Door/Window Magnetic Contact Spec Sheet (.pdf)
»Tyco PGx914 DSC Wireless PowerG Digital Pet-Immune PIR Motion Detector Spec Sheet (.pdf)
»Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus Quick Start Guide (.pdf)
»Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus Installation Manual (.pdf)
»Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Plus User Manual (.pdf)