Qolsys IQ Hardwire 8-S Wired to Wireless Converter
Convert 8 Hardwired Zones into 8 Wireless Zones
Use the Qolsys IQ Hardwire 8-S Wired to Wireless Converter to integrate your hardwired security system into the Qolsys IQ or GE/Interlogix wireless system. The IQ Hardwire 8-S converts signals from your hardwired zones/devices into wireless signals, which are then transmitted to the Qolsys IQ Panel or other compatible control panel/receiver (319.5 MHz wireless frequency), such as a GE/Interlogix Panel (NetworX, Simon, etc.). The converted zones can then be managed and monitored through your wireless system.
- Converts 8 hardwired zones into 8 wireless zones
- Works with Qolsys IQ or GE/Interlogix panels
- "S-Line" encryption protects signals
- LED lighted zones for ease of "learn-in" installation
- Automatically learns the sensor's resistor values
About S-Line Encryption
Qolsys wireless devices that feature S-Line ("Secure Line") technology offer advanced encryption to safeguard your wireless signals against hacking.
The technology employs an advanced encryption scheme between the wireless sensor/device and the control panel to ensure that wireless event transmissions are always unique, preventing and eliminating common replay attacks (when an unscrupulous person uses an easy-to-purchase software-defined radio or "listening device" to replay events that were previously sent by wireless devices paired with a security system.) At time of pairing, S-Line technology passes a unique key which enables the encryption algorithm for unique event transmissions, thereby preventing such replay attacks.
- Qolsys IQ Hardwire 8-S
- Power Supply
- (4) Screws
- (8) Resistors, 3K
- Battery Cables
- Requires connection to a compatible control panel/receiver (319.5 MHz wireless frequency), such as a GE/Interlogix Panel (NetworX, Simon, etc.), Qolsys IQ Panel, Leviton 64-Zone Receiver for GE/Interlogix, Elk M1 Wireless Receiver for GE/Interlogix Crystal Transmitters, or other legacy 319.5 MHz system (all sold separately).
- All sensors must have a resistor installed between 1k-10k Ohm in either the N/O or N/C position.
- Will not operate wireless life safety devices such as smoke or carbon monoxide detectors.
Qolsys: All In One. Always Connected
Founded in 2010 with the mission to improve lives through technology, Qolsys develops innovative life safety, security, and home control devices built to set a higher standard for the industry. Qolsys products are flexible, intuitive, and reliable. As Qolsys says, "There's never been a better time to get connected."
- Manufacturer Part #: QS7130-840
- Input Voltage: 16.0VDC Plug-In Transformer
- Backup Battery: 12VDC 5AH Max (optional)
- EOL Supervision: 1K to 10K Ohm
- Input Zones: 8 (must have resistor)
- Zone Type: N/O or N/C compatible
- Humidity: 95% RH Max
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50° C)
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 3.5 inches (140 x 90 mm)
- Certifications: FCC, IC