Pro-Wire Buddy Box Low-Voltage Mounting Bracket, 1-Gang
Single Gang Re-Usable Mud Ring & Speaker Locator Combo
This nifty little gadget is a combination speaker locator and mud ring.
When used as a speaker locator bracket, fastened to a truss, ceiling joist, or wall stud (member), it should be positioned such that the pre-scored bracket is aligned with the edge of the member so it is easily "snapped" off at the time of speaker installation. After the sheetrock installation, but before the speaker is mounted, the small single-gang opening can be covered with the optional cover, OEMRCVR. The OEMRCVR is a circular, paintable cover that has the aesthetically acceptable look of an electrical box cover waiting for installation of a light or ceiling fixture.
Once the mud ring bracket is snapped off for the speaker installation, the remaining ring can be salvaged and used for future new construction volume control, keypad, or other low voltage device applications.
High Performance Accessories From OEM Systems
In addition to home audio speakers, OEM Systems Company offers a wide variety of accessories under their popular Pro-Wire product line. The Pro-Wire line consists of modular connectors, a wide variety of jack plates, banana plugs, volume controls, decorator style blank plates, mud rings, box buddies and more. No home theater system or whole house audio system should be considered complete without the use of OEM’s professionally designed and engineered Pro-Wire products.
- Single gang opening
- Overall dimensions: 6" W x 4" H x .5" D
- Pre-scored nailplate
- Rear wire tie loop for retaining cables and wires
- Fasten the speaker locator/mud ring on a ceiling joist or stud. Align score with edge of stud.
- Install drywall. Prior to speaker installation, reach in the single gang opening and snap/breakaway the mud ring from the nailplate.
- Proceed with cutting the speaker hole as per the Manufacturer’s instructions.
- Retrieve the mud ring and install speaker(s).
- Use the mud ring for future new construction volume control, keypad, or other low voltage device applications.