Platinum Tools Net Prowler PRO Test Kit
Includes the Net Prowler & Accessories
Perform cable network tests in the field without hassle using the Platinum Tools Net Prowler PRO Test Kit. This complete kit comes with the advanced Net Prowler test unit, along with an array of accessories that allow you to take full advantage of the Net Prowler's capabilities. As an upgraded version of the original Cable Prowler, the included Net Prowler features the added ability to identify, monitor, and troubleshoot LAN issues. Cover all your bases in one go with the Net Prowler Kit!
- Net Prowler combines network testing, cable troubleshooting, and PoE testing
- Features advanced ability to identify, monitor, and troubleshoot LAN issues
- Accessories expand Net Prowler functionality and facilitate testing
- Packaged in a rugged case with high-density foam padding
About the Net Prowler
The Net Prowler performs a wide range of tests for any category network (Cat3/4/5/5e/6/6A), coax, or phone cable, shielded and unshielded. In addition to testing and measuring the length of high-end cables, the tester can detect the presence of PoE, identify link status and capability, test Ethernet cable configuration, locate unlabeled cables and more.
- Displays network devices and associated IP Addresses
- Tests TCP/UDP throughput
- Pings both IPV4 and IPV6 addresses
- Tests the presence of VLANs
- Identifies CDP/LLDP/NDP and VLAN
- Provides network configuration information
- Pings specific URL to verify WAN connectivity
- Blinks link light to identify location on a hub/switch/router port
- Tests and reports advertised and current link speed
The included #1-8 Coax Remote Set allows you to ID up to eight coax cables at once, while the #1-12 Data Remote Set provides ID capability for 12 data (twisted pair) cables or data ports/jacks at once. All remotes are numbered for quick identification.
The Net Prowler displays all information in a full-color graphical display. It offers the option of labeling any cable, saving results, and printing them through a computer after exporting with the included USB cable.
#1-8 Smart Remotes: ID up to eight voice/data drops/locations all at once. Each Smart Remote works with Cat6A, 6, 5e, 5, 4 and 3 shielded and unshielded cables.
NO-Fault Cable: Uses no-fault RJ12 connectors on both ends to ensure no damage to the RJ45 jacks.
RJ45 to Alligator Clips Cable: Used when shooting tone via the data port.
RJ45 Port Saver: Extend the life of your tester by using the RJ45 Port Saver as your sacrificial cable. This eliminates the wear and tear from constantly plugging in and out of the tester port.
- Net Prowler Main Unit
- Net Prowler Accessories:
- #1-8 Network/Tel Test and ID Smart Remote Set
- #1-8 Push-On Coax Remote Set, ID-only
- #1-12 RJ45 Data Remote Set, ID-only
- Micro USB Cable
- (2) No-Fault Cables
- RJ45 Port Saver
- RJ45 to Alligator, 12"
- (2) F Female to F Female Adapters F81
- BNC Female to F Female Adapter
- BNC Female to F Male Adapter
- Heavy-Duty Case
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Activation Card
Platinum Tools Makes Connections Easy!
Platinum Tools, founded in 1997, was created based upon two very simple objectives. First, develop and source the absolute best possible solutions for the preparation, installation and hand termination of wire and cable. Second, implement an operational infrastructure that can deliver these products in an efficient, timely and high quality manner. All of our products absolutely must satisfy three critical benchmark criteria – Utility of function, Quality of function, and Economic value.
- Manufacturer Part #: TNP850K1
- Measurement Technology: Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR)
- Cable Measurements:
- Cable Testing and ID: up to 1000 feet (305 m)
- Split Pair Detection: 3 feet (1 m) to 1,000 feet (305 m)
- Length Measurement: 0 to 1,500 feet (457 m), ± (5 percent +1 foot)
- Supports 8 continuity and ID number remotes (RJ45)
- Supports 20 RJ45 and 20 F connector ID only remotes
- Power over Ethernet:
- Tests for IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at (PoE Plus) compliant PoE
- Tests for classes and loads cable up to 25.5 watts (at class 4) Identifi es Mode A or B (pairs with PoE)
- Active Ethernet: Indicates advertised speeds of 10/100/1000base-T half or full duplex. Can link to network at 10/100base-T
- Maximum Voltage*:
- RJ Jack: 66 VDC or 55 VAC
- F Connector: 50 VDC or VAC
- Save Test Results: Stores up to 250 cable or network tests with user defined names
- Tone Generation: Tone Frequencies: 730 Hz and 1440 Hz
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Power: 6 x AA, 9VDC, 2,200 mA-hr (typical) alkaline batteries, included
- Battery Life:
- Operating: 20 hours typically
- Standby: 1.5 years typically (200uA max standby current)
- Altitude: 10,000 feet (3048 m) operating
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 122° F (0 to 50° C)
- Storage Temperature: -22 to 140° F (-30 to 60° C)
- Humidity: 10 to 90 percent non-condensing
- Enclosure: High-strength PC/ABS plastic with V0 rating with boot; Withstands 4 foot drops onto concrete.
- Size: 1.85(H) x 3.6(W) x 6.8(L) inches (4.7 x 9.15 x 17.3 cm)
- Weight: 1 lb 2 oz (510 g) – with batteries
- Safety Compliances: CE
- Warranty: 1 Year
*Refers to the max voltage that can be applied to any 2 connector pins without damaging the tester