Platinum Tools Cable Prowler Pro Test Kit
Includes The Cable Prowler & Extra Accessories
While the Cable Prowler alone (Model TCB300) comes with basic accessories, this complete Platinum Tools Cable Prowler Pro Test Kit provides everything professional cable installers need to perform full cable network tests on the job. The kit includes additional remotes to allow expanded simultaneous ID/MAP capabilities, as well as a broader variety of adapters. The tester and its accessories all store neatly in a durable, hard plastic case for easy transport and equipment protection.
- Cable Prowler tests Cat3/5e/6/6A, coax, and telephone cables
- Accessories expand Cable Prowler functionality and facilitate testing
- Packaged in a rugged case with high-density foam padding
About the Cable Prowler
The Cable Prowler performs a wide range of tests for any category network (Cat3/5e/6/6A), coax, or phone cable. In addition to testing and measuring the length of high-end cables, the tester can detect the presence of PoE, identify link status and capability, test Ethernet cable configuration, locate unlabeled cables and more.
Full List of Applications:
- Measures cable length and length to faults using TDR technology
- Tests ethernet cable configuration and verifies connectivity
- Tests for opens, shorts, miswires, split pairs, and reverses
- Detects link speed and capabilities for active Ethernet drops up to 1 Gbps
- Identifies link location on a network hub/switch/router port
- Detects and tests PoE to ensure adequate power for powered devices
- Identifies PoE class according to IEEE 802.3af/at with load test for voltage drop
- Conducts single-ended and remote cable tests
- Displays PASS, wire map, ID, and faults for network and coax cables
- Generates selectable tones on selected pins for use with tone tracers
- Locates unlabeled network and coax cables with up to 20 remote identifiers
The included #1-8 Coax Remote Set allows you to ID/MAP up to eight coax cables at once, while the #1-12 Data Remote Set provides ID/MAP capability for 12 data (twisted pair) cables or data ports/jacks at once. All remotes are numbered for quick identification.
The cable tester displays all information in a full-color graphical display. It offers the option of labeling any cable, saving results, and printing them through a computer after exporting with the included USB cable. The tester also comes with a hanging pouch to store and transport all included parts.
#1-8 Smart Remotes: ID/MAP up to eight voice/data drops/locations all at once. Each Smart Remote works with Cat6, 5e, 5, 4 and 3 shielded and unshielded cables.
NO-Fault Cable: Uses no-fault RJ12 connectors on both ends to ensure no damage to the RJ45 jacks.
RJ45 to Alligator Clips Cable: Used when shooting tone via the data port.
RJ45 Port Saver: Extend the life of your tester by using the RJ45 Port Saver as your sacrificial cable. This eliminates the wear and tear from constantly plugging in and out of the tester port.
- Cable Prowler Tester
- Cable Prowler Accessories:
- #1-8 Network/Tel Test and ID Smart Remotes
- #1-8 Coax Remote Set
- #1-12 Data Remote Set
- Micro USB Cable
- (2) No-Fault Cables
- RJ45 Port Saver
- RJ45 Alligator 12 Inch
- (2) F Female to F Female Adapters F81
- BNC Female-to-F Female Adapter
- BNC Female-to-F Male Adapter
- Durable Plastic Case
- Quick Start Guide
Platinum Tools Makes Connections Easy!
Platinum ToolsPlatinum Tools, founded in 1997, was created based upon two very simple objectives. First, develop and source the absolute best possible solutions for the preparation, installation and hand termination of wire and cable. Second, implement an operational infrastructure that can deliver these products in an efficient, timely and high quality manner. All of our products absolutely must satisfy three critical benchmark criteria – Utility of function, Quality of function, and Economic value.
- Measurement Technology: Time Domain Reflectometry (TDR)
- Cable Measurements:
- Cable Testing and ID: Up to 1,000 feet (305 m
- Split Pair Detection: 3 to 1,000 feet (1 to 305 m
- Length Measurement: 0 to 1,500 feet (457 m), ± (5 percent +1 foot
- Supports 8 continuity and ID number remotes (RJ45
- Supports 20 RJ45 and 20 F connector ID only remotes
- Power over Ethernet (PoE):
- Tests for IEEE 802.3af and IEEE 802.3at (PoE Plus) compliant PoE
- Tests for classes and loads cable up to 25.5 Watts (at class 4) Identifies Mode A or B (pairs with PoE
- Active Ethernet: Indicates advertised speeds of 10/100/1000base-T half or full duplex. Can link to network at 10/100base-T.
- Maximum Voltage RJ Jack: 66 VDC or 55 VAC F Connector: 50 VDC or VAC. (Refers to the max voltage that can be applied to any 2 connector pins without damaging the tester.)
- Save Test Results: Stores up to 250 cable or network tests with user defined names
- Tone Generation Tone Frequencies: 730 Hz and 1440 Hz
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Battery: Six (6) AA, 9VDC, 2,200 mA-hr (typical) alkaline batteries (included)
- Battery Life:
- Operating: 20 hours typically
- Standby: 1.5 years typically (200uA max standby current
- Altitude: 10,000 feet (3048 m) operating
- Operating: 32 to 122° F (0 to 50° C)
- Storage: -22 to 140° F (-30 to 60° C)
- Humidity: 10 to 90 percent, non-condensing
- Enclosure: High-strength PC/ABS plastic with V0 rating with boot; Withstands 4 foot drops onto concrete.
- Size: 1.85(H) x 3.6(W) x 6.8(L) inches (4.7 x 9.15 x 17.3 cm)
- Weight: 1 pound, 2 ounces (510 g), with batteries
- Safety Compliances: CW
- Warranty: 1 Year
»Platinum Tools TCB360x Cable Prowler Cable Tester Brochure (.pdf)
»Platinum Tools TCB360x Cable Prowler Cable Quick Start Guide (.pdf)
»Platinum Tools TCB360x Cable Prowler Cable User Manual (.pdf)
»Platinum Tools TCB360x Cable Prowler Cable Application (.zip)
»Platinum Tools TCB360x Cable Prowler Cable Firmware (.zip)