PCS PulseWorx UPB Powerline Interface Module (PIM), RS232 (Open Box)
Computer Interface For UPB Devices
The PulseWorx UPB Powerline Interface Module (PIM) is the perfect device for interfacing your PC or dedicated controller with the powerline. Using PCS's patented UPB 2-way powerline communications technology, the PIM can both transmit and receive UPB messages via simple serial message sets, giving the host software the ability to perform true 2-way powerline communication.
- Interfaces your PC or controller with the powerline
- 'Always on' pass-through outlet provides traditional, continuous power
- Multicolor LED indicates UPB powerline signal and modes of operation
There are two versions of the UPB Powerline Interface Module: 1) RS232 – Standard RS232 through a PC's Comm port; 2) Interface to a standard USB port. In addition to the interface, both the RS232 and USB models (PIM-R/PIM-U) provide a pass-through outlet that allows you to plug in devices that do not require UPB control.
UPB PulseWorx Lighting Control System
An integral part of a complete PulseWorx Lighting Control System, this device uses the patented UPB powerline communication technology (invented by PCS) to reliably communicate with any other UPB-compatible devices over the existing house electrical wires. No new wires are necessary, thus making PulseWorx perfect for retrofit situations. When initial configuration is complete, a single push of a button is all you need to activate any group of lights (or virtually anything else that connects to AC power wiring) throughout the house simultaneously.
- Manufacturer Part #: PIM-R
- Type: RS232
- Power Requirements: Primary: 120 Volts AC, 50/60Hz
- Environmental Conditions: Indoor Use Only
- Temperature: -40 to 104 degrees F (-40 to 40 degrees C)
- Humidity: 10 to 90 percent RH (non-condensing)
- Certifications: Safety tested for USA and Canada to ETL tested to UL508 UL-508-2010 CSA C22.2 #14-2010
- Status LED Modes: All programmable with UPStart On, Opposite, Off, N/C
- During Power Outage: Retains all settings in Non-volatile EERPOM
- Set-Up Mode : Press the setup button 5 times, the LED blinks
- Dimensions: 3(H) x 2(W) x 1.25(D) inches
- Weight: 5 ounces
- Warranty: 5 Years
UPStart UPB Software
This Windows-based application, along with a UPB Powerline Interface Module (PIM), allows you to program, configure and test your UPB smart home automation system. »Free download here