PCS PulseWorx UPB Powerline Interface Module (PIM) IP
Enables IP Control For A UPB Network
Control your UPB network via IP communication by installing the PulseWorx UPB Powerline Interface Module (PIM) IP. With a built-in web server as well as UPB Gen II technology, this Ethernet UPB powerline interface module allows you to program and send commands to UPB devices via a LAN network or over the internet.
- Enables IP control for a UPB network
- Dual-Transmitter circuitry boosts signals
- Multi-color LED indicates signal status
- Compatible with UPStart 6.0 Build 30 or higher
The UPB PIM plugs into a standard power outlet and connects to your network via Cat5 cable. Because the module features Dual-Transmitter circuitry, UPB signals are boosted for long-distance transmission, allowing you to locate the PIM anywhere in your home.
Once the PIM is setup, you can use UPStart Configuration Software or other IP-based device to remotely configure the UPB network. The UPB PIM also allows standard port forwarding, so you can access the network from a smartphone, tablet, or other mobile web-enabled device.
More Info for Developers
This UPB PIM uses RS-232 commands via IP, allowing any device with a programmable serial port to send and receive UPB commands. The PIM operates at 4800 baud, and runs the ASCII-based command/report protocol.
The PIM is both a UPB transmitter and a UPB receiver, giving you the ability to perform true two-way powerline communication. It also communicates in two different operating modes, depending on the level of information required from the powerline. Message Mode informs the host when a valid UPB message is received on the powerline. Pulse Mode informs the host of every UPB pulse that is on the powerline.
NOTE: Requires UPStart version 6.0 Build 30 or higher.
PulseWorx Products Utilize UPB Technology
PulseWorx is a complete Lighting Control System that uses existing powerlines to give residential customers one-touch control over their home's lighting. PulseWorx products are designed to work within the current framework that already exists in the home, no new wires are required. PulseWorx products utilize UPB technology, providing the most reliable powerline controls available today.
- Manufacturer Part #: PIM-IP
- Power Requirements: Primary: 120 Volts AC, 50/60Hz
- Transmission Channels: 250 Links/Scenes
- Connections/Power Wire: 3-pin grounded outlet
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.8 Watts
- Environmental Conditions: Indoor Use Only
- Temperature: -40 to 194° F (-40 to 90° C)
- Humidity: 10 to 90 percent RH (non-condensing)
- Certifications: Safety tested for USA and Canada to ETL tested to UL508; UL-508-2010 CSA C22.2 #14-2010
- UPStart: Must have Version 6.0 Build 30 or higher
- Status LED Modes:
- Blue = Power applied / No message traffic
- Magenta = UPB message received
- Red = UPB message transmitted
- During Power Outage: Retains all settings in Non-volatile EERPOM
- Factory Default:
- Tap Program button 5 times, LED will flash BLUE
- Tap Program button 10 times, LED will flash RED
- Tap Program button 2 times, LED will turn BLUE
- Mounting: 3-pin grounded outlet
- Dimensions: 3.25(H) x 5.6(W) x 2.75(D) inches
- Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Warranty: 5 years
- US Patent No.: 6,734,784; 6,784,790; 7,265,654; 7,688,183. U.S. and foreign patents may be pending.
UPStart UPB Software
This Windows-based application, along with a UPB Powerline Interface Module (PIM), allows you to program, configure and test your UPB smart home automation system. »Free download here