Optex VX Infinity Dual PIR Motion Detector
Pet Immune Dual-Zone Motion Detection
The VX Infinity Dual PIR Motion Detector provides enhanced and reliable outdoor motion detection with its dual motion detection zones. Inspired by the VX-402 series, VX Infinity series Dual PIR Motion Detectors feature dual motion detection zones designed to catch movement by larger objects around your property, eliminating false alarms caused by small animals. Integrated SDMA logic accounts for climate changes and wind-swept vegetation to further refine movement detection capabilities in any outdoor environment.
- Dual PIR motion detection sends alerts when both zones are triggered
- Senses motion up to 40 feet away in a 90-degree field
- Sensitivity adjustment switch for customized detection zones
- IP55 protection and UV resistant ASA casing
- Multipurpose back box for spacing or housing of wireless transmitters
- PIR Motion Detector
- Cover Unit
- Back Box
- Mounting Plate
- (3) Masking Seal
- Screw Kit
- Power and Alarm Cable (for OPVXIR)
- Sensor Cable (for OPVXIR)
- Velcro Tape (for OPVXIR)
Dual Motion Detection Zones
The PIR Motion Detector uses two motion sensors that create an upper and a lower detection area. Both areas must simultaneously be crossed to generate an alarm. The detection zones are independently analyzed so that misleading coincidences can be filtered out. This technology virtually eliminates detections of smaller animals, windblown vegetation, and miscellaneous small moving objects.
The Dual PIR Motion Detector can be screw-mounted onto most surfaces with the included mounting plate. Simply secure the plate onto a wall and mount the Detector and Backbox. Alternatively, the detector can be pole-mounted by using a band less than 25mm wide.
Wireless models must connect their transmitters to compatible alarms and security panels. Place compatible wireless transmitters into the Back Box for protection from the elements.
Wired models must connect their included power and sensor cables to a compatible security panel.
NOTE: Use of the Back Box is optional for the Wired model.
Optex: The Quality Products People Expect
Optex specialize in passive and active infrared technology, control systems and CCTV products for home and business security. Since its founding in 1979, Optex has established a world-wide reputation for quality, innovation and technical excellence. Their products always represent an investment in performance and long-term satisfaction.
- Manufacturer Part #:
- Wired: VXI-ST
- Battery Powered: VX-R
- Detection Method: Passive Infrared
- PIR Coverage: 40 feet (12m) 90° wide/16 zones
- PIR Distance Limit: 12 – 2.5m (5 Levels)
- Detectable Speed: 0.3 – 1.5 m/s (1.5ft/s)
- Sensitivity: 2.0°C (3.6°F) at 0.6m/s (2ft/s)
- Power Input:
- Wired: 9.5 – 18V DC
- Wireless: CR123A (3VDC), CR2 (3VDC), or 1/2AA (3.6VDC) Battery
- Current Draw:
- Wired: 20 mA (max) at 12 VDC
- Wireless: 4mA (max) at 3VDC
- Alarm Period: 2.0 ±1sec
- Warm-Up Period: Approx. 60sec (LED blinks)
- Alarm Output: N.C./N.O. Selectable 28 V DC 0.1A (max)
- Trouble Output:
- VX-ST: N/A
- VX-R: N.C. 28 V DC 0.1A (max)
- Tamper Output:
- VX-ST: N.C./N.O. Selectable 28 V DC 0.1A (max) open when cover removed
- VX-R: N/A
- RF Interference: No alarm 10V/m
- Operating Temperature: -30 to +60°C (-22 to +140°F)
- Environmental Humidity: 95% max
- IP Rating: IP55
- Mounting: Wall, pole (outdoor, indoor)
- Mounting Height: 0.8 – 1.2m (2.64ft – 3.94ft)
- Weight: Wired: 500g (17.7oz)