Optex FitLink 2GIG-Compatible Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Dual PIR Motion Detector
Advanced "Plug n Play" Motion Detector for All Environments
Monitor an indoor or outdoor area for motion through your 2GIG wireless alarm panel using the Optex FitLink 2GIG-Compatible Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Dual PIR Motion Detector. This advanced weatherproof sensor features dual PIR detection and intelligent SDMA "AND" logic to assess every detection event before sending an alarm signal. This helps reduce false alarms while ensuring accurate motion detection, even where small animals are present.
- Compatible with 2GIG wireless alarm panels
- Adjustable detection range (6'7" or 16'5") and horizontal angle
- Weatherproof (IP55) and animal tolerant for indoor/outdoor use
- Perfect for basements, porches, driveways, garages, etc.
- Powered by included battery; no wiring required
- Fully supervised for low battery and tamper
The Optex FitLink Dual PIR Motion Detector offers adjustable detection range, allowing you to customize coverage for the specific area you need to monitor. Either use the default range of 16'5" long by 3'3" wide (5 x 1 m), or flip the detector's lens to reduce length to 6'7" (2 m) and width to 2' (0.61 m).
FitLink dual PIR detection uses two double-layered detection patterns (upper and lower). Both have to be activated to generate an alarm condition. This reduces false alarms, particularly those caused by temperature changes, light reflection, and small animals.
The motion detector easily mounts to a wall with the included mounting screws. The detector can be adjusted horizontally up to 190 degrees within its built-in bracket to achieve the optimum detection angle.
To prevent unauthorized access by tampering, a tamper switch/alarm is activated if the main unit is peeled off from the wall, cracking the plastic bracket.
The detector is powered by the included lithium battery, which lasts up to 5 years. When the battery is low, the motion detector sends a low battery signal to the alarm panel.
- PIR Motion Detector
- CR123A Lithium Battery
- (2) Mounting Screws
NOTE: Requires connection to a 2GIG wireless alarm panel.
Optex – The Quality Products People Expect
Optex, Inc. markets products manufactured by Optex Company Limited. The company specializes in passive and active infrared technology, control systems, and CCTV products. Since its founding in 1979, Optex has established a worldwide reputation for quality, innovation, and technical excellence. Its products always represent an investment in performance and long-term satisfaction.
- Manufacturer Part #: FTN-RR2G
- Detection Method: Dual Passive Infrared
- PIR Coverage: 16'5" x 3'3" (5 x 1 m) or flip lens and reduce length to 6'7" (2 m)
- Detection Limit:
- Length: 6'7", 16'5" (2 m, 5 m)
- Width: 3'3" at 16'5" / 24" at 6'7"
- Detectable Speed: 1' to 4'11"/s (0.3 to 1.5 m/s)
- Sensitivity: 3.6°F at 2 feet/s (2.0°C at 0.6 m/s)
- Operation Voltage: 2.5-10 VDC
- Power Source: 3-9VDC CR123A Lithium Battery (included)
- Battery Life: Up to 5 years
- Current Draw: 9µa Standby / 3mA max. at 3 VDC
- Alarm Period: 2.0 ±1.0 seconds
- Warm-Up Period: approx. 120 seconds (LED blinks)
- Alarm Output: N.C./N.O. selectable-solid state switch 10 VDC 0.01 A (max.)
- Trouble Output: N.C./N.O. selectable-solid state switch 10 VDC 0.01 A (max.)
- LED Indicator:
- Enable: During Dip Switch 1 (Walk Test Mode) Or Dip Switch 4 (LED) On
- Disable: During Normal Operation
- Light/Blink: Warm-up, Alarm
- RF Interference: No Alarm 10 V/M
- Operation Temperature: – 4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C)
- Environment Humidity: 95 percent max.
- Weatherproof: IP55
- Mounting: Wall (Outdoor, Indoor)
- Mounting Height: 2'7" to 3'11" (0.8 to 1.2 m)
- Weight: 6.4 ounces (180 g) without wireless transmitter and battery
- Dimensions: 2.07 x 6.94 x 2.66 inches (52.6 x 176.4 x 67.5 mm)
- Accessories: Screw (3 x 20 mm) x 2
- Approvals: FCC, IC