Nexia Home Intelligence Bridge Kit
Start Building Your Own Smart Home with Nexia and Z-Wave
The Nexia Home Intelligence Bridge kit is an excellent low-cost starter kit for building your own smart home automation or smart home security system. The Z-Wave smart home bridge connects to the Internet to give you remote control over your Z-Wave devices, such as the included Dimmer Module, from anywhere with your smartphone, tablet, or PC (monthly subscription required). The Nexia Home Intelligence Bridge can control up to 230 compatible Z-Wave devices in your home, including everything from thermostats and lights to locks and appliances. The Dimmer Module adds smart home control to a plugged-in dimmable light or lamp.
- Nexia Bridge manages up to 230 Z-Wave devices
- Z-Wave remote control over the Internet via web portal or mobile app for iOS and Android
- Automate events, monitor device status, and created automated scenes
- Dimmer Module features one "always on" outlet, one Z-Wave outlet
- Works with incandescent lamps up to 300 Watts
- Control the outlet via remote Z-Wave or local button
- Plugs into any standard power outlet without blocking adjacent outlets
The Z-Wave Plug-in Dimmer Module with Nexia Home Intelligence adds Z-Wave On/Off/Dim control to a dimmable incandescent light. The Plug-in Dimmer Module features two different outlets, one pass-through outlet that always stays powered and one outlet that is Z-Wave controlled. The Z-Wave controlled outlet works with incandescent lights up to 300 Watts. The "always on" three-pronged outlet supports any plug-in device up to 600 Watts.
Now Works with Amazon Echo
Through Nexia's free integration with Amazon's Alexa-powered devices – including Echo, Echo Dot and Amazon Tap (not included) – subscribers of the Nexia system have the ability to control Nexia-certified devices with simple voice commands. Integration delivers natural-speech smart home control with Amazon's popular voice-activated personal assistant! Current subscribers can activate Nexia on Echo by enabling the Nexia skill in the Skills menu on the Alexa app.
Powerful App & Online User Interface
To enable remote Internet access, you will need to sign up for a Nexia remote management subscription ($9.99 per month). The subscription includes an online Nexia account that syncs with the Nexia mobile app. With an account, you gain a whole host of automation and management features to customize your smart home system.
Log in through your web browser to add new Z-Wave products to the Smart Home Bridge, automate events, turn devices On/Off, and more. The app provides a streamlined version of the same controls.
- Check the status of sensors and all other monitored devices
- Lock/unlock your home, adjust the thermostat, etc. from anywhere
- Set up automatic text or email alerts for specific events
- Trigger one device to activate another device (or group of devices)
The Nexia Smart Home Bridge is easy to set up. Simply plug it into a power outlet with the included power adapter, and connect it to your Internet router over WiFi or with the included Ethernet cable. Devices are enrolled into the Smart Home Bridge through your online Nexia account.
Plug the Z-Wave Plug-in Dimmer Module with Nexia Home Intelligence into a standard outlet within 100 feet line-of-sight of your Nexia Bridge. Once plugged into an outlet, it can be added to your Z-Wave network.
- Nexia Home Intelligence Bridge
- Plug-In Dimmer Module
- Power Adapter
- Ethernet Cable
- Smart home bridge requires a wireless router, Internet service, and a monthly subscription of $9.99 to enable remote access.
- Plug-In Dimmer Module not rated for outdoor use. The combined load for both outlets should not exceed 600 Watts. Not for use with resistive/motor loads.
Experience Nexia Home Intelligence
The makers of Nexia Home Intelligence believe every home can be a connected home, as long as the system is easy to install and doesn't break the bank. Designed with everyday homeowners in mind, Nexia is that system. Nexia Home Intelligence connects your home to your smartphone or tablet through Z-Wave and the Internet, introducing incredible flexibility to the modern smart home. It's also compatible with big brand names, like Schlage and Trane, so you know your Nexia system can keep you safe and comfortable without fail. Manage your home affordably and reliably, from anywhere, with Nexia.
- Manufacturer Part #: SK102
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited
- Material: Plastic
- Color: White
- Protocol: Z-Wave Plus
- Wireless Frequency: 908.4 Mhz & 916 MHz
- Wireless Range: Up to 200 feet
- Connectors: 1 DC Power Jack, 1 RJ45 Connector, 1 USB Connector
- Antenna: 2 WiFi Internal Antenna, 1 Z-Wave Internal Antenna
- Capacity: 230 Z-Wave devices
- Voltage: 110V
- Power Adapter: 12V/1.0A, 100~240 VAC
- User Interface: iOS, Android and Windows Applications
- Operating Temperature: 32 – 104°F (0 – 40°F)
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 158°F (-20 to 70°C)
- Dimensions: 4.55(L) x 3.13(W) x 1.2(H) inches
- Approvals: FCC, IC
- Color: White
- Compatibility: Z-Wave
- Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- Range: Up to 100 feet line of sight between the Wireless Controller and the closest Z-Wave receiver module.
- Power Source: 120VAC, 60Hz
- Max. Load Rating:
- Z-Wave Outlet: 300W (minimum 25W)
- Combined Outlets: 600W
- Dimensions: 3.9(L) x 2.5(W) x 1.8(H) inches
- Approvals: UL, FCC, IC