Firewolf Advanced Photoelectric Smoke Detector, 4-Wire
Accurate Protection From Napco!
The Napco 4-wire smoke detectors more accurately detect all types of fires for performance superior to previous photoelectric detectors. They come in attractive, low-profile, baseless units with dual LEDs for excellent visibility. The detectors are 100% burn-in tested Enable precision detection of even minute particles.
- Low profile – only 1.8" high
- 4-wire model
- Highly stable operation, RF/transient protection
- Two built-in power/sensitivity supervision/alarm LEDs
- Non-directional smoke chamber
- Vandal resistant security locking feature
- Built-in magnetic go/no go detector test feature
- Removable smoke labyrinth for cleaning or replacement
- Automatic Sensitivity window verification function meets outlined requirements in NFPA 72, Chapter 7, Inspection, Testing and Maintenance
Firewolf advanced photoelectric smoke detectors utilize two bicolored LEDs for indication of status. In a normal standby condition, the LEDs will flash green every 3 seconds. When the detector senses that its sensitivity has drifted outside the UL-Listed sensitivity window, the LEDs will flash red every 3 seconds. When the detector senses smoke and goes into alarm the status, LEDs will latch on red.
The unit is comprised of an LED light source and silicon photo diode receiving element. In a normal standby condition, the receiving element receives no light from pulsing light source. In the event of fire, smoke enters the detector and light is reflected from the smoke particles to the receiving element. The light received is converted to an electronic signal. Signals are processed in the comparator, and when two consecutive signals exceeding the basic level are received within a specific period of time, the time delay circuit triggers the SCR switch to activate the alarm signal. The status LED lights continuously during alarm period.
Built By Security Professionals For Security Professionals
The Napco Security Group is a leading diversified manufacturer of security products, encompassing burglar and fire alarms, access control systems, video and electronic digital and proximity locks, as well as panic exit hardware. Sold and installed by tens-of-thousands of security professionals, from security dealers to locksmiths to systems integrators, millions of homes, businesses, institutions and people around the globe are protected by products from the Napco Group of Companies.
- Light Source: Gaal As Infrared LED
- Voltage: Nominal: 12 VDC or 24 VDC
- Working: 8.0-35.0 VDC (35.0 VDC Max.)
- Wave Form: Filtered DC 15% Ripple Max
- Alarm Current: 55ma Maximum
- Average Stand-by Current:
- 38μa Avg @ 12 VDC
- 55μa Avg @ 24 VDC
- 70μa Avg @ 35 VDC
- Ambient Temperature: 32° F – 120° F (0° C – -49° C)
- Detector head UL-listed compatible with a UL-listed fire alarm panel
- Flashing status LED for visual supervision. When the detector is actuated, the flashing LED latches on steady at full brilliance. The detector may be reset by actuating the control panel reset switch.
- Sensitivity window verification feature.
- Vandal resistant, field selectable, security locking feature
- Smokeless testing method simulates the effects of products of combustion in the chamber to ensure testing of detector circuits.
- Voltage and RF transient suppression techniques to minimize false alarm potential.