Nortek GoControl Z-Wave Garage Door Remote Controller Assembly (Open Box)
Z-Wave Control for Garage Doors
Wouldn't it be convenient if you could open and close your garage door from anywhere in your home? The GoControl Z-Wave Garage Door Remote Controller Assembly (GD00Z-5) enables Z-Wave remote control for a sectional garage door opener, so you can operate the opener with either your Z-Wave controller or your existing pushbutton. You can even put the Garage Door Remote Controller on a schedule to automate opening/closing.
- Enables Z-Wave control for a garage door opener
- Works with almost any sectional garage door
- Can be included in scenes and schedules
- Tilt sensor detects door's open/closed status
- Customizable audio and visual alerts enhance safety
Designed for safety, the Garage Door Remote Controller features audio and visual alerts to warn people nearby when the garage door is about to open/close via remote control. The included tilt sensor also lets you know if the garage door is closed, open, or moving.
The Garage Door Remote Controller wires into your garage door opener and can be used in conjunction with an existing pushbutton. It mounts near the garage door opener either on the existing opener hardware with the included bracket, or directly to the wall with the included drywall screws and anchors. The controller is powered by the included power supply, which plugs into a standard outlet. A retaining bracket helps the power supply stay plugged in when hanging from an in-ceiling outlet.
The Garage Door Tilt Sensor mounts inside the top of your garage door using screws or double-sided tape. The sensor is powered by a pre-installed battery, and communicates wirelessly with the controller.
- Garage Door Remote Controller
- Garage Door Tilt Sensor
- Power Supply
- Remote Controller Mounting Bracket
- Power Supply Retaining Bracket
- Screws and Anchors
Note: Not compatible with garage door openers that use proprietary communications technology. Requires enrollment into a Z-Wave controller (sold separately). This model (GD00Z-5) is not compatible with ADT systems. Contact your ADT representative for the ADT-compatible model.GoControl Your Connected Home
Enjoy practical and affordable smart home solutions with GoControl products by Nortek Security & Control. The GoControl product line features premium yet simple smart home connected products that give you control over your home and keep you updated on its status from anywhere. Products include smart light bulbs, outlets, switches, garage door controllers, thermostats, and more, all designed to work with the most popular smart home hubs available. Get GoControl products and get ready to GoControl your home!
- Manufacturer Part #: GD00Z-5
- Power: 120VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Sensor Frequency: 345 MHz
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz
- Wireless Range: Up to 100 feet between the wireless controller and/or the closest Z-Wave receiver module
- Scene: Command Class
- Certifications: FCC, ETL, UL 325
The Garage Door Remote Controller (GD00Z) is compatible with most sectional garage door openers manufactured after 1993. However, some models have been identified as being incompatible (listed below). Additionally, since 2013, some garage door opener manufacturers have incorporated custom features that utilize a proprietary technology for communication from the wall button to the motor. The GD00Z does not support these special interfaces.
Operators that are incompatible with Linear’s GD00Z Controller:*
- Chamberlain MyQ Models: WD962KEV, KPEV, MLEV; WD832KEV; HD 930EV, 420EV; LW500EV; PD752D, KPV
- Genie Series III Models: PowerMax 1500; TriloG 1200, 1500; IntelliG 1000, 1200
- LiftMaster MyQ Models: 8355, 8360, 8500, 8550, 8557, 8587
- Craftsman AssureLink / MyQ Models: 3043, 30437
*This is not intended to be an exhaustive list.