Linear DXS Supervised PIR Motion Detector Transmitter
Features DXS Wireless Technology
The DXS-54 Supervised Passive Infrared Motion Detector Transmitter can be used in a variety of motion detection applications for home security. When the passive infrared (PIR) sensor detects motion in its field of view, the DXS transmitter sends a digitally coded signal to a security receiver or security control panel, alerting you of a possible intruder.
The transmitter is a battery powered passive infrared motion detector with a built-in transmitter designed for use with Linear’s DXS and DX receivers. The DXS can send three different signals: alarm, low battery and status. The DX code format features more than one million possible codes. Each transmitter is precoded at the factory to a unique code so no field coding is required.
In a typical installation, the motion detector is mounted indoors in a corner or on a wall between six and eight feet high. The sensor monitors the infrared level in its detection pattern. If the level increases or decreases rapidly (as when a person or animal moves through the area) the transmitter triggers, sending an alarm signal to the receiver.
The unit is powered from a 9-Volt alkaline battery. The battery’s life can be up to three years depending on the area’s traffic. When the battery gets low, the test indicator will flash and a low battery signal will be sent to the receiver when the detector senses motion. To conserve battery life, during normal operation, the detector can trigger the transmitter a maximum of once every four minutes.
Approximately every hour, the DXS-54 will send a status transmission to the receiver. The hourly signal updates the receiver to the transmitter’s condition. By monitoring status transmissions, the receiver can determine if a transmitter has a low battery or has been removed from the system.
- Alarm, supervisory, and low battery transmissions
- Walk-test mode
- Fresnel lens with 24 facets
- Battery saver circuitry
- 9 volt alkaline battery supplied
- DXS format
- RF frequency: 315 MHz
- 3.2" W x 4.4" H x 1.75" D
Note: DXS designates fully supervised models of the DX transmitters and receivers. DXS products send status transmissions once each hour, allowing full supervision of the RF link. DXS format receivers can monitor status signals, DX format receivers cannot.
Linear DXS Wireless Transmitters
DXS wireless transmitters and receivers are Linear’s fully supervised systems with up to 1,500 feet of range. A step up from the Linear DX models, these performance-enhanced products feature optimized pulse position based RF transmission technology. Available 1, 2, 4 and 8 channels, the receivers support up to 32 quick-learn transmitters. DXS supports over one million unique transmitter codes.
For setup and testing, pressing the detector’s test button places the unit in walk test mode for four minutes. The installer can walk in front of the unit while viewing the red test indicator through the detector’s lens to determine the detection area.
In walk test, an alarm signal is sent each time the walk test indicator lights. During normal operation, the detector requires a pulse count of three events in eight seconds before sending an alarm transmission.
- Power: one 9V alkaline battery (supplied)
- Current Consumption: 15 mA transmitting, 4 mA walk test, 8 µA standby, 15 µA timer mode
- Battery Life: Three years (typical)
- Battery Saver Timer: 4-minute software timer, rearms after alarm transmission
- Measured Range: 1,500 feet open air, with DVS 2400 control panel
- Accessories: Mounting hardware, including screws, double-stick tape
- Code Outputs: Alarm, supervisory, and low battery
- Detector: Balance dual element, pyroelectric
- Installed Lens: Standard Fresnel lens, 24 facets, 9 main, 8 intermediate, 5 short, 2 creep
- Detection Pattern: 30 feet x 30 feet
- PIR Sensitivity: Preset, non-adjustable, pulse count of 3 with 8-second detection window
- Operating Frequency: 315 MHz
- Dimensions: 3.2" W x 4.4" H x 1.75" D (81 x 44 x 112 mm)
Models compatible with the DXS-54
- DUAL-824 24-Channel, 8-Loop Supervised Wireless/Hardwire Security Panel
- DVS-1200 12-Channel Supervised Wireless Security Console
- DVS-2400 24-Channel Supervised Wireless Security Console
- DXSR-1504 Supervised 4-Channel Receiver
- DXSR-1508 Supervised 8-Channel Receiver