Linear Access Control Serial-to-Ethernet Adapter Kit
Add Remote Access to Linear Access Control Panels
Enable remote access to your Linear Access Control System by connecting it to the Internet and/or your Local Area Network (LAN) with the Linear Access Control Serial-to-Ethernet Adapter Kit. This complete kit provides a more modern alternative to remote access than the traditional method of using a landline telephone modem. Once setup with the included Windows-based software, the adapter kit lets you remotely connect, control, program, manage, and monitor your Linear access control panel(s) through your LAN and/or a web browser by connecting to the system's IP address.
- Enables remote access to access panels over existing LAN and/or the Internet
- Compatible with Linear's AM3Plus, AE1000Plus, and AE2000Plus panels
- Easy to configure IP address and virtual COM port using Windows software
- Module plugs into standard outlet and can be DIN rail- or wall-mounted
The Serial-to-Ethernet Adapter Kit is compatible with Linear's AM3Plus, AE1000Plus, and AE2000Plus access control panels (sold separately). The module connects between the panel's RS-232 serial port and your network using the included serial cable and an Ethernet (Cat5) cable up to 300 feet long (sold separately).
Access to the network can be through a Local Area Network (LAN) or directly to a Wide Area Network (WAN). Typically the module is connected to a port on a router located on the LAN. If your system consists of multiple panels that are interconnected via RS-485 wiring, the module connects to Node #1 of the network.
- Serial-to-Ethernet Module (LIN-501C)
- Power Adapter
- Serial Cable
- Software CD
- Quick Start Guide
NOTE: Requires a Linear Access Control Panel, a Cat5 Ethernet cable, and a PC running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (all sold separately).
Security, Access Control and More By Linear
For more than forty years, Linear LLC has been known as a worldwide provider of radio based transmitters and receivers for the traditional security market. Millions of Linear transmitters have been sold over the years. Linear security products are offered via a worldwide network of distribution. While Linear continues to be a leading supplier of devices for the security market, we have expanded our products to include focused product lines in the Access Control, Remote Control and Garage Door Operator markets.
- Housed in metal case with DIN-rail and wall-mounting tabs
- 10/100 Mbps fast Ethernet full duplex auto negotiation
- Serial connection speed 38.4 Kbps
- 15 kV ESD protection for serial port
- Manufacturer Part #: AM-SEK
- Power: 5 VDC from plug-in power supply (included), also supports a 9-30 volt DC redundant input from an external power supply
- Network Connection: 100BASE-T RJ-45 connector
- Network Speed: Fast Ethernet 10/100 Mbps
- Serial Connection: Male DB9 for connection with A2C/DB9 serial cable (included)
- Serial Port Speed: 38.4 Kbps
- Mounting: DIN-rail or screw mounting
- Dimensions (LIN-501C Module): 3-1/2(W) x 3-3/4(H) x 1(D) inches
- Weight: 6-1/2 ounces
- Warranty: 1 Year