Kwikset SmartCode 916 Series Zigbee Touchscreen Deadbolt with Home Connect
Communicate With Your House Using Zigbee
The Kwikset SmartCode 916 Series Zigbee Touchscreen Deadbolt with Home Connect combines all the features of the popul>ar 914 Series deadbolt with a new, capacitive touchscreen keypad for a sleeker appearance and a more modern interface. Designed to allow fast code entry, the touchscreen is exceptionally responsive, detecting every touch. With just the touch of your fingertip, you can "wake up" the touchscreen, then immediately type in your entry code and listen to the door automatically unlock! The cool white LED display provides crisp LED illumination for easy use in the dark.
- Lock/unlock door via touchscreen keypad, remote, or turnkey
- "Random digit generator" ensures codes are not identifiable by fingerprints
- Dedicated lock button provides fast, one-touch locking
- BumpGuard prevents lock bumping (picking)
- Reduced interior size and sleek metal construction
- Supports Zigbee v1.2 and v1.0 devices
- Works with Amazon Alexa via Samsung SmartThings and/or Wink
- Not compatible with Control4 systems
This deadbolt features a 12-button touchscreen for coded entry, as well as Zigbee technology to communicate with other Zigbee devices in your home. When you arrive home, punch in your code to unlock the door and automatically set up your home just the way you like it. Zigbee also supports remote control, so you can lock/unlock your door from anywhere in the world!
916 Series Features
The wireless 916 Series Zigbee Deadbolt supports up to 30 different user access codes, allowing family, friends, and temporary guests to enter their own codes and benefit from personalized Zigbee settings (if connected to a Zigbee network). Codes are easily created and deleted, so you can give temporary access to housesitters, maintenance workers, etc. Also featured in the 916 Series is the MasterCode option, which allows you to give one user complete control over the system and prevent other users from adding or deleting codes.
The deadbolt operates on a one-touch motorized locking mechanism to enable remote locking and unlocking. Use a Zigbee controller or a smartphone app to lock/unlock your door from anywhere.
A backup keyway allows you to lock/unlock the door manually with a turnkey, the same way you woul>d use a key with a traditional deadbolt. To protect against lock bumping (type of lock picking), the 916 Series deadbolt features BumpGuard, a patented side locking bar that replaces the traditional pin and tumbler locking mechanism.
Additionally, the 916 deadbolt's tapered design offers enhanced compatibility with misaligned doors. Even if your door is a little off kilter, you will be able to lock the deadbolt without having to pul>l and push the door repeatedly to shut it.
SmartCode Electronic Locks
With your own personal code, you can enter your home with just a few simple pushes of a button and lock it with just one. You also get more control over who has access to your home. Just assign a temporary code and delete it when you see fit. Now you can totally eliminate the need for keys. SmartCode is easy to install, program and use and operates on 4 AA batteries.
Home Connect Technology
Kwikset's Home Connect Technology allows your front door lock to talk to other things in your house, such as the security system, lighting, thermostat and entertainment system – all through wireless Zigbee.
A new, smarter way to connect to your home:
- Lock or unlock doors with a mobile device or secure Internet connection
- Check lock status remotely
- Receive notification and/or video of who enters your home
- Remotely add or delete access codes
Integrate with security systems:
- Lock doors when system is armed
- Disarm Security System when door is unlocked
- Communicate door lock status
Integrate with home control systems:
- Lock doors with handheld remote, touch screen or smart phone
- Customize lighting scenes upon unlocking the main entry door or garage entry door
- Ability to limit access for users to specific times and/or days of the week
- Ability to provide temporary access to friends and house sitters
- Zigbee Touchscreen Deadbolt
- (2) Standard Cut Keys
- Installation Hardware
- Not compatible with Control4 systems
- Requires a Zigbee network controller, sold separately.
The Best Security Is Smart Security
An established leader in lock technology, Kwikset is widely recognized for providing families security and peace of mind with high quality door locks and door hardware. No more worrying about keys! The convenience of keyless technology is now available at your fingertips.
- Replaces existing door hardware with a screwdriver
- No hard wiring needed
- Zigbee wireless protocol
- BHMA Grade 2 Certified
- 20 Minute Fire Rating – UL Certified
- Full 128-bit encryption security
- Manufacturer Part #:
- Polished Brass: 99160-007
- Satin Nickel: 99160-008
- Venetian Bronze: 99160-009
- Function: Single cylinder deadbolt
- Door Prep: 2-1/8 inches diameter face hole and 1-inch diameter latch hole
- Backset: Adjustable 2-3/8 inches or 2-3/4 inches
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8 to 2 inches automatic adjustment
- Cylinder: SmartKey Re-Key Technology
- Faceplates: 1 x 2-1/4 inches round corner standard
- Strikes: Round corner strike 2-3/4 x 2-1/8 inches
- Latch: Round corner adjustable 2-3/8 x 2-3/4 inches
- Bolt: 1" throw, steel deadbolt
- Door Handing: Reversible
- Power Supply: Requires 4 AA alkaline batteries (not included).
- Battery Life: Approx. 1 year
- Wireless Protocol: Zigbee HA Version 1.2 (backwards compatible with V1.0 devices)
- Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Range: Up to 35 feet (10m) indoors and 250 feet (76m) outdoors*
- Approvals: FCC, IC
- Warranty: Lifetime mechanical and finish warranty; 1 year electronics warranty
*Range may vary depending on radio frequency environment. Work with your home control platform to optimize range.
»Kwikset SmartCode 916 Zigbee Touchscreen Deadbolt with Home Connect Installation Guide (.pdf)
»Kwikset SmartCode 916 Zigbee Touchscreen Deadbolt with Home Connect Dimensions (.pdf)
»Kwikset SmartKey ReKey Technology Instructions (.pdf)
»Kwikset Electronic Deadbolt Specifications (.pdf)
»Kwikset Product Warranty (.pdf)