Kwikset Kevo Signature Series Bluetooth Deadbolt
The Bluetooth Motorized Deadbolt
Unlock your door with the convenience of Bluetooth when you replace your traditional deadbolt with the Kwikset Kevo Signature Series Bluetooth Deadbolt. Whether you want to use your Bluetooth smartphone or the included Bluetooth keyfob as your wireless key, you can stop fumbling for a turnkey and just tap this touch-activated lock to unlock the door! And in case your phone or fob isn't available, you can always use a traditional turnkey as your backup.
- Lock/unlock your door with the tap of a finger or a turnkey
- Touch-access granted only in presence of an authorized Bluetooth device
- Allows multiple authorized users through shareable "eKeys"
- BumpGuard prevents lock bumping (picking) at keyhole
- Military grade PKI encryption ensures reliable security
- Replaces existing door hardware with just a screwdriver
How It Works
From the Outside:
The Kevo Deadbolt primarily works by responding to skin contact. When you're outside at the lock's exterior, you'll lock/unlock the deadbolt by tapping its metal face with your finger. If the Kevo detects the presence of a Bluetooth device that has an authorized virtual "eKey" (two included), the deadbolt will lock/unlock when you touch it. You can keep your phone in your purse or pocket, for example, and use your hand to lock/unlock the door without taking out your phone.
In order for the deadbolt to respond to your touch, your Bluetooth device must be turned on and in direct line of sight with the deadbolt, no more than 5 feet away. When using a smartphone as your key, the Kevo Mobile App will need to be running (at least in the background) and your phone will need to have Bluetooth turned on. When using the Bluetooth keyfob, the fob simply needs to be turned on.
When the Kevo does not detect the presence of an authorized Bluetooth device outside, it will not unlock in response to touch, and the only way to unlock it from outside is manually with a traditional turnkey (two included).
From the Inside:
When you're inside your home at the lock's interior, the Kevo Deadbolt must be locked/unlocked manually using its traditional thumbturn. Bluetooth touch-access is not available from indoors.
Position Detection & Advanced Encryption Ensure Your Security
What happens if your Bluetooth smartphone is sitting INSIDE your home in range of your Kevo deadbolt, and a burglar OUTSIDE tries to enter by touching the deadbolt? The answer is nothing happens. The door will remain locked.
In order to prevent unauthorized access in this situation, the Kevo Deadbolt uses position detection to determine whether or not it should unlock when touched. If the authorized Bluetooth device is INSIDE your home, the Kevo will not unlock with an outside touch. It will only unlock when it detects an authorized device OUTSIDE your home.
The Kevo also incorporates multiple levels of digital security, including military grade PKI encryption, to ensure your safety.
About the Kevo Mobile App
While a smartphone is not required to use the Kevo Deadbolt, you'll get access to additional features if you do use your phone with the Kevo Mobile App.
Compatible Smartphones Include:
- Apple iPhone 4S or higher
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher
To ensure your phone is compatible, check the compatibility chart.
The app is used for initial setup; sending, disabling and deleting eKeys; and setting up other configurable features and options. It can send you alerts when the door is locked/unlocked by other eKey holders, and it provides a history log of the lock's activity (also accessible via the web portal).
The Kevo App runs in the background on your device so there is no need to open the app to enter your home.
Give Friends & Family Access with Shareable Bluetooth "eKeys"
Kevo includes two free standard eKeys, which essentially serve as encrypted virtual certificates that designate a Bluetooth device as an authorized key. Additional eKeys can be purchased for a one-time charge of $1.99 per eKey.
Standard eKeys can be programmed as either "Anytime" keys to allow permanent 24/7 access, or "Scheduled" keys to allow access only at specified times, perfect for maid services, babysitters, etc.
In addition to the two included standard eKeys, the Kevo Deadbolt offers unlimited free "Guest" eKeys. This type of eKey allows you to give your guest unrestricted access for a 24-hour period and will then be automatically deleted at the 24-hour limit.
Signature Series Features
The Signature Series Bluetooth Deadbolt looks like a standard deadbolt from the outside, yet operates on a motorized locking mechanism to enable electronic locking and unlocking. A backup keyway also allows you to lock/unlock the door manually with a turnkey, the same way you would use a key with a traditional deadbolt.
To protect against lock bumping (type of lock picking), the Signature Series deadbolt features BumpGuard, a patented side locking bar that replaces the traditional pin and tumbler locking mechanism. Additionally, the deadbolt's tapered latch design offers enhanced compatibility with misaligned doors. Even if your door is a little off kilter, you will be able to lock the deadbolt without having to pull and push the door repeatedly to shut it.
Upgrade to Kevo Plus for Even More Features
Kevo Plus is an optional upgrade for the Kevo deadbolt that delivers remote access features so you can connect to your Kevo from anywhere you have an Internet connection. This service allows the Kevo to connect to compatible third-party products, including the Ring Video Doorbell (sold separately).
To upgrade to Kevo Plus, simply log into your Kevo account on mykevo.commykevo.com after purchasing the Kevo deadbolt, and then upgrade your account to Kevo Plus for a one-time fee of only $69.99. No monthly service fees are required. Once you upgrade, Kwikset will ship you a Bluetooth-enabled Gateway that will allow you to connect your lock to the Kevo Plus service.
The Kevo Deadbolt has a weather-resistant exterior for use in any weather conditions. It fits doors with a standard door prep measuring 1-3/8 to 1-3/4 inches thick, and all required hardware is included. If you have a thicker door, you can get a thick door kit to allow the deadbolt to fit on a door that is up to 2-1/4 inches thick by contacting Kwikset directly.
Programmable features are accessible through the mobile app and your online account at mykevo.com. The included Kevo Key Fob comes pre-enrolled into the lock. Each Key Fob has its own eKey, so technically you get three eKeys total with the package. Additional virtual eKeys and Key Fobs can be purchased separately. Key Fobs can be enrolled into multiple Kevo Deadbolts, and each deadbolt supports up to 25 Key Fobs total.
- Kevo Bluetooth Deadbolt
- Kevo Key Fob
- Free Mobile App
- (2) Standard Turnkeys
- (2) Standard eKeys
- Unlimited Guest eKeys
- (4) AA Batteries
- Installation Hardware
- This lock does NOT work with Z-Wave hubs. Supports Bluetooth communications ONLY.
- No auto-lock feature. Deadbolt will remain unlocked until you lock it.
The Best Security Is Smart Security
An established leader in lock technology, Kwikset is widely recognized for providing families security and peace of mind with high quality door locks and door hardware. No more worrying about keys! The convenience of keyless technology is now available at your fingertips.
The Smart Approach to Home Security:
Re-key your SmartKey locks as frequently as you wish while maintaining the highest level of security.
Top five reasons to re-key:
- Lost, stolen or unreturned keys
- Recently moved
- Increase your home’s security
- One-key convenience for all Kwikset locks
- Remodeling, upgrading or updating
What makes SmartKey better?
- Drill Resistance: The lock cylinder uses two steel balls inserted into the front of the key face to resist attack from drilling.
- BumpGuard: Patented side locking bar technology offers improved protection against lock bumping, an attack technique used to defeat conventional pin tumbler locks.
- Superior Pick-Resistance: SmartKey locks have passed the most stringent lock-picking standard, UL 437, par. 11.6.
- Manufacturer Part #:
- Venetian Bronze: 925 KEVO DB 11P
- Satin Nickel: 925 KEVO DB 15
- Polished Brass: 925 KEVO DB L03
- Function: Single Cylinder Deadbolt
- Door Prep: 2-1/8" diameter face hole; 1" diameter latch hole
- Backset: Adjustable 2-3/8" or 2-3/4"
- Door Thickness: 1-3/8" to 1-3/4" automatic adjustment
- Cylinder: SmartKey Re-key Technology
- Faceplates: 1" x 2-1/4" round corner standard
- Strikes: Round corner strike 2-3/4" x 1-1/8"
- Latch: Round corner adjustable 2-3/8" x 2-3/4"
- Bolt: 1" throw, steel deadbolt
- Door Handing: Reversible
- Batteries: 4 x AA required
- Battery Life: approx. 6-12 months depending on usage
- Interior: 3-1/4(W) x 7-13/32(H) x 1-3/4(D) inches (82.55 x 188.12 x 44.45 mm)
- Exterior: 2-3/4(W) x 2-3/4(H) x 1-5/32(D) inches (69.85 x 69.85 x 29.37 mm)
- Certifications: FCC, ANSI/BHMA Grade 2 Certified
- Warranty: Lifetime Mechanical and Finish Warranty; 1-Year Electronic Warranty
- Manufacturer Part #: 926 KEVO FOB
- Color: Black
- Battery: 1 x CR2025 battery (included)
- Dimensions: 2.5(H) x 1.0(W) x 0.28(D) inches
- Weight: 0.5 lb
- Certifications: FCC
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Bluetooth Smart ready with a Bluetooth 4.0 enabled device
- Data connection required to download Kevo mobile app
- Smartphone compatibility: Apple iPhone 4S or higher and Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher. Check the compatibility chart for details.
Compatible 3rd-Party Products
The following products made by third-party manufacturers offer compatibility features with the Kevo Deadbolt:
- Ring Video Doorbell
- Nest Thermostat
- Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Wi-Fi Thermostats
»Kwikset Kevo Signature Series Specifications (.pdf)
»Kwikset Kevo Signature Series Bluetooth Deadbolt Installation and User Guide (English) (.pdf)
»Kwikset Kevo Signature Series Bluetooth Cerrojo Guía de instalación y usuario(Español) (.pdf)
»Kwikset Kevo Signature Series Bluetooth Deadbolt Installation Guide (.pdf)
»Kwikset Kevo Signature Series Bluetooth Deadbolt Drilling Instructions (.pdf)
»Kwikset 926 KEVO FOB Kevo Signature Series Key Fob Installation Guide (.pdf)
»Kwikset Kevo Signature Series Bluetooth Deadbolt Calibration FAQs (.pdf)
»Kwikset Kevo Signature Series Bluetooth Deadbolt Troubleshooting Guide (.pdf)
»Kwikset Kevo Signature Series Warranty (.pdf)
Kevo Deadbolt Feature Videos
Kevo Deadbolt Installation Videos
Keyfob Setup Videos
Ratings & Reviews
Useful but limited
by Mark Thompson
I bought the Kevo during a home renovation during which I decided I wanted to add some smart home technology. I saw Kevo in Home Depot and thought it looked cool and worked by simply touching it. It was easy to install and it works as advertised. My only desire is that it work with my Amazon Echo or any smart home hub. I can't seem to find any that it works with.