Kisi Pro Door Controller
Unlock Doors over Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and NFC
Add remote web access to your access control system or standalone electronic lock(s) using the Kisi Pro Door Controller. This improved model of Kisi's door access controller boasts additional features such as Ethernet connectivity and the ability to power electric locks. It's perfect for managing access to your property in the modern world.
- Control up to four access control systems or electric locks over Ethernet or Wi-Fi
- Power electronic locks using the Kisi Pro Controller instead of 3rd party adapters
- Free app for iOS and Android allows unlocking via smartphone
- Supports permanent and temporary virtual keys with custom restrictions
When you want to unlock a Kisi controlled door, simply pull up the Kisi app on your smartphone and press the unlock button. It's that simple. Furthermore, the app and the online portal give you access to advanced features, including:
- Guest Keys: Set up keys with expiration dates for temporary guests
- Event History: See all users who have entered
- Access Groups: Create different user groups with different access permissions
- Administrators: Set up administrators who can manage user access permissions
- My Places: Manage several locations (multiple Kisi controllers) from one account
You can also use your Kisi system with third-party products and services. The controller is compatible with the Ring mobile app, IFTTT, Google Calendar, Nest, Microsoft Active Directory, and Nexudus.
Additionally, you can use the Kisi controller with the optional Kisi Proximity Reader (sold separately) to eliminate the step that requires you to open the app on your phone. With the optional Bluetooth-enabled reader, you can simply tap your phone on the reader to unlock the door.
How It Works
The Kisi Wi-Fi Door Access Controller wires into an electronic lock or complete access control system, and communicates over the Internet with a free online service called the Kisi Cloud (including an online portal and mobile app), allowing you to control up to four locks from anywhere you have Internet access.
- Stage I: When you open up the Kisi mobile app on your smartphone, you will see a big round button with the name of your door on it. This is your key. Hold the button (or swipe it for Android users) to begin unlocking your door.
- Stage II: An unlock command is sent to the Kisi Cloud. The Cloud will then verify if you have the right permissions to enter the door you are trying to access. If you do have the right permissions, the Cloud forwards the unlock command to the Kisi Controller (also known as the Gateway). If you don't have the right permissions, however, the Cloud sends an error message to your phone and shows you that access is denied.
- Stage III: The Kisi Controller receives the instructions from the Kisi Cloud via an Electric Imp computer chip (which allows the Kisi Controller to be connected to your Wi-Fi network).
- Stage IV: Once the Kisi Controller receives the unlock command from the Cloud, it triggers the dry contact relay on its internal circuit board. This sends current to (or removes current from) your electric lock, momentarily unlocking the door for 3 seconds and allowing you to open the door to enter.
The controller is housed in a rain-tight enclosure (when mounted vertically) for outdoor installation. Screws are included for mounting. The enclosure has outer mounting holes in a universal mounting pattern for a proper gasket seal. The door can optionally be secured with a padlock (not included).
The controller uses four dry contact relays to activate up to four electric locks, and it supports either fail-safe or fail-secure operation. One additional relay, a bi-stable relay, optionally works in conjunction with the regular relays to allow a door to remain open indefinitely.
Power is supplied by the included USB power supply. The required Internet connection can be made in three ways: wireless over 2GHz or 5GHz Wi-Fi, wireless over 4G (service/accessory not included), or wired via Ethernet (cable not included). You have the option of using multiple connection methods to include a backup connection.
- Kisi Pro Door Controller
- USB 2.0 Power Supply
- Requires paid monthly or annual subscription.
- Requires an Internet connection and electric lock(s), sold separately. Installation service not included.
Kisi Means Keys Made Easy
Founded in Germany and now manufacturing directly out of New York, Kisi Inc is an innovative access control developer designing products for the modern world. Its flagship keyless access control system turns your smartphone into your key and offers remote access over the web, transforming access control for businesses and homeowners alike.
- Manufacturer Part #: K-8000
- Power: 100W Universal Power Supply Unit (24V, 4A)
- Relays: 4 dry-contact relays, 1 bistable relay
- Required Wi-Fi Settings: 2.4 GHz & 5GHz network
- Smartphone Compatibility: iPhones with iOS 8 and above, Android OS 5 and above, Windows phones
- Lock Compatibility: All electronic locks that works on 12-24V DC. This includes electric strikes, maglocks, electrified panic bars, mortise locks, etc.
- Maximum Voltage: 250V per relay
- Recommended Wire: Cat 5 or 6 low voltage wiring (not supplied)
- Dimensions: 9(W) x 3(H) x 12(D) inches
- Warranty: 12 Months
Technology & Performance
- Release Speed: 21ms
- Reconnect to Wi-Fi Time: 3.7 seconds
- Unlocks/Minute: 120
- Embedded Software Update: 2 minutes
- Uptime Monitoring: Real Time
- Material: Laser cut acrylic