Interlogix SDX-135Z Wireless Smoke Detector with Heat & Freeze Sensor (Open Box)
All-In-One Smoke Detector with Super Long-Life Battery
Ensure early, accurate detection of fire in your home with one or several of the Interlogix SDX-135Z Wireless Smoke Detector with Heat and Freeze Sensor. The detector has an integrated combination fixed-temperature and rate-of-rise heat sensor, and a separate enrollment pre-freeze condition sensor.
Designed to interconnect with a network of other wireless smoke detectors in your home (up to 24), this all-in-one model not only sounds a built-in siren and wirelessly signals an Interlogix control panel upon triggering, but also triggers the alarms in your entire smoke detector network, so every room in the house sounds the alarm to let everyone know there's a fire.
Furthermore, the Interlogix SDX-135Z photoelectric smoke detector with heat and freeze sensor features a 10-year sealed battery and sensor life. Forget about setting reminders to change the batteries in your smoke detectors. This one lets you check that off your to-do list for a whole decade.
- Simultaneous operation as a smoke/heat detector and freeze sensor
- Works with Interlogix panels: Simon, Concord (4.7+), UltraSync, and NetworX
- Stop changing detector batteries; pre-installed lithium battery lasts 10 years
- Interconnected network can include up to 24 detectors
- Restorable, built-in 135°F (57°C) rate-of-rise heat sensor with pre-freeze indication at 41°F (5°C)
- Built-in 85dB temporal 3 and temporal 4 sounder with status LED
- Push-to-test capabilities for local device only and/or system initiating test
- Self-activation when attached to mounting bracket (included)
Maintains Interconnection Independent of Control Panel
The dual wireless transmitter design ensures that interconnection integrity is maintained, independent of your control panel's status. Even if the control panel shuts down, your smoke detectors can still communicate with one another. This unique technology allows the SDX-135Z to conform to UL 217 and UL 268 requirements.
Super Long-Life Battery Eliminates Routine Battery Changes
The SDX-135Z has a 10-year, sealed-in lithium battery, ensuring continuous operation over the life of the detector. At the end of detector's life, the unit will chirp and will notify the control panel, indicating that the detector is in need of replacement. A simple tool, such as a screwdriver, can be used to deactivate the unit, stopping the chirp and making the unit safe for disposal.
In addition, the SDX-135Z photoelectric smoke detector continually monitors operational status and provides a visual trouble indication if it drifts out of the sensitivity range or fails internal diagnostics.
About Combination Heat Detectors
There are three main types of heat detectors: fixed temperature, rate-of-rise, and combo. Fixed temperature detectors trigger a fire alarm when the ambient temperature reaches a specific temperature, while rate-of-rise detectors trigger an alarm when the ambient temperature quickly rises. Combination detectors, like the one in this Interlogix SDX-135Z model, use both technologies to ensure early, accurate detection.
Compatible Wireless Devices
This Interlogix SDX-135Z Smoke Detector works with Interlogix Learn Mode control panels via its built-in 319.5MHz crystal wireless transmitter. The 319.5MHz transmitter sends alarm, tamper, maintenance, and low battery signals to your panel. Compatible panel brands include:
- Concord 4® (firmware version 4.7 or higher)
- NetworX (with 319.5MHz crystal wireless capability)
Note: See Specifications tab for compatible panel part numbers. Refer to control system / panel installation instructions for detailed compatible panel information.
To interconnect with other smoke detectors (up to 24 total in network), the SDX-135Z also has a built-in 915MHz wireless transceiver. Compatible detectors include:
- SDX-135Z (this model)
Note: Maximum distance between wireless interconnect models is 300 feet in open air.
The included mounting bracket (trim plate) attaches to the wall or ceiling. To ensure aesthetic alignment of the detector with your wall or hallway, an "A" line is provided on the bracket. This line must be either parallel with the hallway when ceiling mounted, or horizontal when wall mounted.
Note: Installing the detector on the mounting bracket automatically activates the pre-installed lithium battery. After activation, the battery cannot be turned off.
- SDX-135Z Detector
- Battery (pre-installed)
- Mounting Bracket
- Not designed for standalone use. Requires connection to a compatible alarm panel (sold separately, see Specifications tab for compatible panel part numbers). Refer to control system / panel installation instructions for compatible panel information.
- Not designed to be interconnected with third-party products, unless otherwise specified.
- You do NOT need a home Wi-Fi system to use these units. Multiple wireless units create their own independent wireless detector network, in addition to wireless connection with a compatible panel.
- Installing the detector on the mounting bracket (trim plate) will automatically activate the battery. The battery activation is a one-time feature. After activation, the battery cannot be turned off, and can only be discharged at the end of unit life. If the detector is removed from the mounting plate, the battery will remain active.
Increase Your Safety & Security With Interlogix
Formerly GE Security, Interlogix's robust product offering is designed to protect and secure your business, your home, and your family. Their products are leading the industry in innovation and reliability. Whether it's a complete system, access control, motion detection, or simple magnetic contacts, Interlogix has the products that will meet your security needs.
- Manufacturer Part #: SDX-135Z
- Approvals: UL217, UL268, CAN/ULC-S531, CSFM, FCC, IC
- Warranty: 3 Years (not a battery performance claim)
Compatible Interlogix Panels
The SDX-135Z Interlogix smoke detector is compatible with Simon, Concord 4 (firmware version 4.7 or higher), UltraSync, and NetworX (with 319.5MHz crystal wireless capability) alarm panels, specifically:
- Concord 4
- Simon XT
- Simon XTi
- Simon XTi-5
- NetworX NX-4
- NetworX NX-6
- NetworX NX-8
- NetworX NX-8E
- NetworX NX-8V2
- UltraSync UM-5000-CPU
- UltraSync ZW-6400
- Advisor One Interlogix Learn Mode panels
- Voltage: 3V DC
- Battery Type: Lithium-Ion (non-replaceable)
- Battery Life: 10 years, typical
- Detector Life: 10 years
- Smoke Sensor: Photoelectric
- Temperature Sensor: NTC thermistor
- Interconnection: Wireless, up to 24 detectors
- Rate-of-Rise Rating: 15°F/min > 105°F (9.4°C/min > 40.5°C)
- Fixed Temperature Rating: 135°F (57°C)
- Freeze Alarm Trip: 41°F (5°C)
- Freeze Alarm Restore: 45°F (7.2°C)
- Sounder: 85dB at 10 feet @ 3.2 ±0.5 KHz Temporal 3
- LED: Tri-color
- Low Battery Beep Rate: 1 every 60 seconds
- Smoke Sensitivity: 0.97 to 3.67 percent per foot (%/ft.) obscuration
- Supervision Interval: 62-68 minutes
- Signal Output Types: Alarm, tamper, test, low battery, trouble, supervisory
- Storage Temperature: -4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 100°F (0° to 37.8°C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 0 to 95 percent non-condensing
- RF Frequency: 319.5 MHz and 915MHz
- Transmitter ID: Preprogrammed, 1 million codes
- Dimensions: 5.6 x 2.3 inches (142.3 x 59 mm)
- Color: White
»Interlogix Wireless Security Sensors Brochure (.pdf)
»Interlogix SDX-135Z Wireless Smoke Detector with Heat and Freeze Sensor Spec Sheet (.pdf)
»Interlogix SDX-135Z Wireless Smoke Detector and Freezer Sensor Users Manual (.pdf)
»Interlogix SDX Smoke Detector and Freezer Sensor Technical Note (.pdf)
»Interlogix SDX-135Z Application Note (.pdf)