Interlogix Simon XT Home Security Starter Kit
Start With This Foundation & Add Security Sensors
Create the perfect wireless home security system by starting with the Interlogix Simon XT Home Security Starter Kit. This kit comes with everything you need to install the foundation of a robust security system. Just add the sensors and accessories you need!
- Supports up to 40 wireless zones (2 can be hard-wired)
- Works with both Crystal and SAW wireless sensors
- Wireless range approximately 500 feet line-of-sight
- Mic/speaker for communication with monitoring station
- Included transformer enables X10 integration
The Simon XT Control Panel is the heart of this security system. It supports up to 40 wireless zones, two of which can be used as hard-wired zones, if needed (normally-closed loop only). The controller works with both Crystal and SAW wireless sensors, as well as select two-way RF devices. Generally, sensors (sold separately) and the control panel have a wireless communication range of 500 feet in open air, but a 100-foot range is recommended for indoor applications.
The control panel mounts on your wall and features a built-in display touchpad for control over the system. One user can have complete control with a Master Access Code, and up to eight other users can have individual access codes (3-6 digits). The panel also provides optional "no activity" and "no usage" reports, as well as a 100-event buffer with time/date stamps.
Events can be reported to a central monitoring station for immediate emergency response to an alarm. The control panel’s built-in microphone and speaker allow two-way communication with monitoring personnel.
This kit also comes with two main accessories that help you increase reliability for your security system, and control home automation devices:
- Transformer: Line carrier transformer that enables communication with X10 devices, allowing you to integrate X10 automation into your security system.
- RJ31X Jack: Allows the control panel to seize your telephone line. When connected to a central monitoring station, the control panel requires telephone service. The jack makes sure service is not disrupted during maintenance or by an intruder.
In addition to these included accessories, other optional add-on devices are available to expand functionality of the Simon XT control panel. Accessories sold separately include a variety of sensors, a GSM modem (either Z-Wave or non Z-Wave) which enables cellular/Z-Wave support, a wall-mount talking keypad, and a wall-mount talking touchscreen. You can add these devices later on, or choose a different kit that includes them.
- Simon XT Control Panel
- RJ31X Jack
- Instructional Video
Increase Your Safety & Security With Interlogix
Formerly GE Security, Interlogix’s robust product offering is designed to protect and secure your business, your home, and your family. Their products are leading the industry in innovation and reliability. Whether it’s a complete system, access control, motion detection, or simple magnetic contacts, Interlogix has the products that will meet your security needs.
Control Panel Features
- Built-In PSTN 2-Way Voice Capability (over GSM w/optional module)
- Supports Both Crystal and SAW Learn Mode Sensors
- Supports Repeaters and 2-Way RF Products (version-specific)
- Chime Feature for Monitoring Door, Window or Motion Activity
- SIA or CID Central Station Reporting Formats and Voice Event Notification reporting via PSTN (native) and/or Optional GSM and IP Modules
- Meets SIA False Alarm Standards
- Provides Voice and Beep Alerts That Can Be Disabled
- Panel is Programmable with Built-In Touchpad or Enterprise Downloader Software v3.4 or Later
- Firmware Flash Upgrades Can Be Done Remotely
- Expansion Options: Internet-Based Interactivity (w/third-party providers), Support for On-Premises Remote Control w/Optional Talking Touchpad Accessory
Control Panel Technical Details
- Required Transformer: Class II, 9 VAC, 3.34A, 60 Hz
- Fuse: Non-replaceable transformer fuse
- Backup Battery: 6 VDC, 1.2 Ah lead acid (60-914, included)
- Backup Time: 24 hours (fully charged)
- Battery Test: 10 seconds under load every 4 hours
- Type: SAW-controlled superheterodyne
- Frequency: 319.5 MHz/ Bandwidth 350 kHz
- Sensitivity: 110 dBm nominal
- Nominal Range:
- Without GSM module present: 1,000 feet open-air receiving range
- With GSM module present: Approx. 500 feet open-air receiving range
- Dialing: DTMF or pulse
- Modem: Modified Bell 103 (110 or 300 bps)
- Telephone Interface: Line seizure relay
- Total Input Zones: 40 or 38 wireless and 2 hardwire (normally-closed loop only)
- Auxiliary Power: Unregulated 5.1 to 12 VDC; power-limited to 250 mA (maximum) at 10 VDC
- Siren Output: 1 Hardwire Interior Siren (5.1 to 9 VDC)
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 122° F (0 to 49° C)
- Relative Humidity: 90 percent max., non-condensing
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 5.7(L) x 7.05(W) x 2.1(D) inches (144 x 179 x 53 mm)
- Weight: 1 pound (454 g) without battery
- Installation: Wall mount
- Construction: Chassis ABS
- Approvals: FCC Part 15, Part 68; UL 985, 1023, 1635/ULC Listing ORD-C102319-74,ULC-S545-M89; CSFM California State Fire Marshall; CP01
»Simon XT Home Security Sytem Brochure (.pdf)
»Simon XT Home Security Sytem Spec Sheet (.pdf)
»Simon XT Home Security Sytem Installation Guide (.pdf)
»Simon XT Home Security Sytem Quick Start Guide (.pdf)
»Simon XT Home Security Sytem Installation Manual (.pdf)
»Simon XT Home Security Sytem User Manual (.pdf)