Interlogix Simon XTi Home Security 3/1/1 Kit, SAW Wireless
Complete Wireless Security Kit With Touch Screen Controller
Featuring a control panel with a built-in LCD touch screen, the Interlogix Simon XTi Home Security 3/1/1 Kit (SAW Wireless) offers all the advantages of the original Simon XT system with the added convenience of a two-way touch screen, rather than a hard-button keypad. In addition to controlling the Simon system, the touch screen works with an Alarm.com account (optional) to display and control Z-Wave devices.
- Control panel features a 3.5-inch color touch screen
- Supports up to 40 wireless zones (2 can be hard-wired)
- Sensors monitor doors/windows and detect motion
- All sensors connect wirelessly to control panel
- Mic/speaker for communication with monitoring station
- Included transformer enables X10 integration
This model comes with SAW wireless door/window sensors, as opposed to Crystal wireless sensors. SAW technology is often more affordable, due to its slightly shorter battery life. Crystal sensors use lithium batteries, which last 5-8 years, while SAW sensors use alkaline batteries that last 4-6 years.
About the Touch Screen Control Panel
The Simon XTi Touch Screen Control Panel is the heart of this security system. The control panel mounts on your wall and features a built-in 3.5-inch color touch screen for control over the system, as well as at-a-glance status checks of your home and property.
Touch Screen Features:
- Simple, no button interface with menu-based programming
- Pop-up alarm notifications and emergency button
- Actionable status icons for quick checks on property
- Displays time, battery status, AC power status, and connected RF status
If an alarm occurs, a notification will pop up at the bottom of the Home screen, indicating which sensor was activated at what time. Actionable status icons also allow you to quickly check on your home. These icons display the status of monitored doors, windows, motion detection areas, and changes in other connected sensors. When a door or window is opened, for example, the appropriate icon will show an open image. These icons can be pressed with your finger to bring up a new screen with further status details.
Additional icons provide convenient security control. You can arm/disarm the entire system, or choose to arm only specific sensors. When you're leaving your home with all the doors and windows closed, select "Arm All" to arm all sensors. If you want to leave a door or window open while you're gone, choose "Motion Sensors Only". And if you're staying in your home, choose "Doors + Windows Only", so that your entryways will be monitored, but you can move freely about the house without tripping motion detectors.
The Home screen also provides an emergency button that you can press to contact authorities immediately. Depending on your system, the touch screen can display different emergency options. In addition to security system information, the Home screen displays the current time, battery status, AC power status, and connected RF status.
The control panel supports up to 40 wireless zones, two of which can be used as hard-wired zones, if needed (normally-closed loop only). The controller works with both Crystal and SAW wireless sensors, as well as select two-way RF devices. Generally, sensors and the control panel have a wireless communication range of 500 feet in open air, but a 100-foot range is recommended for indoor applications.
One user can have complete control with a Master Access Code, and up to eight other users can have individual access codes (3-6 digits). The panel also provides optional "no activity" and "no usage" reports, as well as a 100-event buffer with time/date stamps. Events can be reported to a central monitoring station for immediate emergency response to an alarm. The control panel's built-in microphone and speaker allow two-way communication with monitoring personnel.
Included Wireless Security Accessories
The Simon XTi Home Security 3/1/1 Kit comes with the essential security sensors to cover your home. Three door/window sensors allow you to monitor three doors, windows, cabinets, or any other open/close objects. The motion sensor monitors a large area, like your living room, for unauthorized activity, and the keychain remote lets you wirelessly control the system from anywhere in your home!
- (3) SAW Door/Window Sensors: Supervised wireless sensors that detect opening and closing. Powered by alkaline batteries. With Learn Mode for easy setup.
- SAW Pet Immune PIR Motion Sensor: Supervised wireless motion sensor that detects motion in an area up to 40 x 35 sq. feet. Ignores pets up to 40 pounds to help prevent false alarms. Reports tampering and low battery alerts.
- 4-Button SAW Keychain Touchpad: Controls the security system up to 500 feet away. You can arm/disarm the system, activate a panic alarm, control individual lights, and send an auxiliary alarm signal.
This kit also comes with two accessories that help you increase reliability for your security system, and control home automation devices:
- Transformer: Line carrier transformer that enables communication with X10 devices, allowing you to integrate X10 automation into your security system.
- RJ31X Jack: Allows the control panel to seize your telephone line. When connected to a central monitoring station, the control panel requires telephone service. The jack makes sure service is not disrupted during maintenance or by an intruder.
In addition to these included accessories, other optional add-on devices are available to expand functionality of the Simon XTi control panel. Accessories sold separately include a GSM modem (either Z-Wave or non Z-Wave) which enables cellular/Z-Wave support, a wall-mount talking keypad, and a wall-mount talking touchscreen. You can add these devices later on, or choose a different kit that includes them.
- Simon XTi Control Panel
- (3) SAW Door/Window Sensors
- SAW Pet Immune PIR Motion Sensor
- 4-Button SAW Keychain Touchpad
- RJ31X Jack
- Instructional Video
Increase Your Safety & Security With Interlogix
Formerly GE Security, Interlogix's robust product offering is designed to protect and secure your business, your home, and your family. Their products are leading the industry in innovation and reliability. Whether it's a complete system, access control, motion detection, or simple magnetic contacts, Interlogix has the products that will meet your security needs.
Control Panel Technical Details
- Required Transformer: Class II, 9 VAC, 3.34A, 60 Hz
- Fuse: Non-replaceable transformer fuse
- Backup Battery: 6VDC, 2100mAh, NIMH (600-XTI-BAT)
- Backup Time: 24 hours (fully charged)
- Battery Test: 10 seconds under load every 4 hours
- Type: SAW-controlled superheterodyne
- Frequency: 319.5 MHz/ Bandwidth 350 kHz
- Sensitivity: 110 dBm nominal
- Nominal Range:
- Without GSM module present: 1,000 feet open-air receiving range
- With GSM module present: Approx. 500 feet open-air receiving range
- Dialing: DTMF or pulse
- Modem: Modified Bell 103 (110 or 300 bps)
- Telephone Interface: Line seizure relay
- Total Input Zones: 40 or 38 wireless and 2 hardwire (normally-closed loop only)
- Auxiliary Power: Unregulated 5.1 to 12 VDC; power-limited to 250 mA (maximum) at 10 VDC
- Siren Output: 1 Hardwire Interior Siren (5.1 to 9 VDC)
- Digitization Type: Continuous Variable Slope Data (CVSD) Modulation
- Playback Rate: 88,200 bits/second
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 122° F (0 to 49° C)
- Relative Humidity: 90 percent max., non-condensing
- Color: White
- Dimensions: 5.81(L) x 7.12(W) x 1.6(D) inches (147 x 180 x 40 mm)
- Weight: 1 pound (454 g) without battery
- Installation: Wall mount
- Construction: Chassis ABS
- Approvals: FCC Part 15, Part 68; UL 985, 1023, 1635/ULC Listing ORD-C102319-74,ULC-S545-M89; CSFM California State Fire Marshall; CP01-2007
SAW Door/Window Sensor
- Power Source: 2 AAA Alkaline batteries
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 1.2 x 0.94 inches
- Battery Life: 4-6 years (not verified by UL)
- Operating Temperature: 10° to 120° F
SAW Motion Sensor
- Compatibility: All wireless Interlogix control panels
- Battery: Two AA Alkaline batteries
- Transmitter Frequency: 319.5MHz
- Transmitter Range: 500 feet open air
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 110° F (0 to 43° C)
- Humidity: 90 percent relative humidity
- Dimensions: 2.9(L) x 2.4(W) x 1.9(D) inches (7.3 x 6 x 5 cm)
4-Button SAW Keychain TouchPad
- Battery: 12 VDC, 33 mAH alkaline battery
- Battery Type: NEDA 1811A
- Battery Brand: Duracell MN21
- Battery Life: 5 to 8 years under recommended operating conditions
- Transmitter Frequency: 319.5 MHz (crystal-controlled)
- Transmitter Frequency Tolerance: ± 5 kHz
- Transmitter Bandwidth: 24 kHz
- Modulation Type: Amplitude Shift Key (ASK)
- Unique ID Codes: 16 million
- Peak Field Strength: > 40,000 µV/m at 3m
- Operating Temperature: 10 to 120° F (-12 to 49° C)
- Enclosure: ABS Plastic
- Weight: 0.8 ounces (22.68 g)
- Dimensions: 1.375 x 2.25 x 0.375 inches (3.5 x 5.7 x 0.95 cm)
- Color: Black
- FCC Standard: CFR Chapter 47, FCC Part 15
»Simon XTi Home Security System Brochure (.pdf)
»Simon XTi Home Security System Spec Sheet (.pdf)
»Simon XTi Home Security System Installation Guide (.pdf)
»Simon XTi Home Security System Quick Guide (.pdf)