ESL by Interlogix 2-Wire Photoelectric Smoke Detector (Open Box)
Self-Diagnosing Smoke Alarm
Designed for connection to an alarm panel that accepts 2-wire fire inputs, the ESL 2-Wire Photoelectric Smoke Detector brings reliable, self-diagnostic smoke detection into your security system. As part of the 500 Series, this photoelectric detector features drift compensation, diagnostics and more to enhance performance and reduce false alarms.
- Triggers alarm through security system when activated
- Drift compensation increases time between cleanings
- Field replaceable optical chamber for easy servicing
- Small, low profile design blends into the ceiling
- CleanMe S09A remote maintenance reporting indicates when sensor requires cleaning
Advanced Cleaning Features
One of the key features of 500 Series smoke detectors is CleanMe technology, which allows you to receive an alert through your security system when the smoke detector needs cleaning. Please Note that in order to use CleanMe, your security control panel must either have the CleanMe software built in, or you must connect the "505 CleanMe Interface Module" (not included).
In addition to CleanMe, the detector also uses built-in drift compensation to increase the amount of time between cleanings and reduce false alarms. Drift compensation automatically adjusts the detector's sensitivity as it gets dirty with time.
When the detector finally needs cleaning, you can easily replace its optical chamber and continue relying on the unit without worry.
Self-Supervised To Reduce Downtime
All 500 Series smoke detectors self-supervise their sensitivity and operational status to provide visual and system alerts if they fall out of the appropriate sensitivity range or fail internal diagnostic tests. This meets NFPA 72 field sensitivity testing requirements without the need for external meters.
How It Works
500 Series smoke detectors work on the photoelectric light-scattering principle. A pulsed infrared (IR) LED provides the light source, and a high-speed photodiode serves as the sensor. This technology offers superior protection against false alarms caused by dust, bugs, RF interference, and ambient light.
NOTE: Not designed for standalone use; must be connected to an alarm panel.
Increase Your Safety & Security With Interlogix
Formerly GE Security, Interlogix's robust product offering is designed to protect and secure your business, your home, and your family. Their products are leading the industry in innovation and reliability. Whether it's a complete system, access control, motion detection, or simple magnetic contacts, Interlogix has the products that will meet your security needs.
- Manufacturer Part #: 521NB
- Power Supply: 8.5-33VDC (12/24 V operation) polarity sensitive
- Max. Ripple (6/12/24V): 10 percent (Vpk-pk)
- Avg. Standby Current: 70 µA
- Typical Alarm Current (6/12/24V): Up to 60 mA max if not limited by control panel
- Alarm Contacts: 500 mA at 36 VDC (resistive)
- Alarm Current (mA): 20
- Photoelectric Sensitivity: 3.1 percent + 0.5 – 1.0 percent
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 100° F (0° to 37° C)
- Operating Humidity: 0 to 95 percent non-condensing
- RFI Immunity: 20 V/m min; 0-1000 MHz
- Color: White
- Field Wiring Size: 12-18 AWG (16-22 recommended)
- UL 2-Wire Compatibility Identifiers: S09A, S10A, S11A
- Drift Compensation Adjustment: 1 percent feet max.
- Detector Head Dimensions: 5.5(D) x 2(H) inches (14.0 x 5 cm)
- Mounting Dimensions: 5.25(Dia.) x 0.3(H) inches (13.3 x 0.8 cm)
- Reset Time: 1 second minimum
- Listings: UL 268 cUL, CSFM