Intellithings RoomMe Sensor
Make A Room Smart When You Walk In
Personalize smart home automation room by room with the Intellithings RoomMe Sensor. Disguised as a smoke detector, this Bluetooth occupancy sensor detects and connects to your smartphone in order to activate personalized automation scenes and functions within a single room. Program your lights, thermostat, or speakers to turn on when you enter a room or off when you leave. Unlike other home automation systems, the RoomMe Bluetooth occupancy sensor does not require a smart hub or even an Internet connection; all it needs is your Bluetooth enabled smartphone to know what you want to happen in your smart room.
For a two room setup, a minimum of two sensors are recommended to install your RoomMe at home. One RoomMe Sensor is required per room. To expand your RoomMe home system, additional RoomMe Sensor units will need to be added to other rooms.
- Occupancy sensor detects smartphones in a room and triggers connected devices
- Only activates devices when your smartphone is within the same room
- Program multiple scenes throughout the day based on your preferences and schedules
- Connect up to 16 users to a single sensor, each with their own personal settings
- Priority levels dictate who remains in control when multiple users are in the same room
- Compatible with Bose, Sonos, Ecobee, Philips Hue, Wink, and other compatible devices
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and iOS Siri voice assistants
The RoomMe Sensor uses Bluetooth to detect you (and your smartphone) when you enter the room. When the Bluetooth occupancy sensor automatically pairs with your smartphone, it retrieves your personalized room settings and immediately programs connected devices to activate. You can program multiple scenes to a single RoomMe sensor throughout the day. Walk into your kitchen in the morning to turn on the lights and coffee pot. Walk into it again in the evening to turn on your wireless speaker, but leave the lights off. Multiple users can pair with a single RoomMe sensor, and you can prioritize whose settings are activated if more than one user is in the room at the same time.
Once your automation settings have been configured, you don't need to manually control or adjust anything. Other automation controllers or systems require you to push a button or say a voice command to activate devices or scenes. RoomMe provides true hands and voice free smart home automation.
Install the RoomMe Bluetooth occupancy sensor onto your ceiling parallel to the door or room's entrance. Once mounted and powered (D batteries x 2 not included), download the RoomMe app onto your smartphone and hold your phone close to the sensor to pair the devices. Then name the room, select which devices to automate and how you want them to act.
Once setup is complete, the RoomMe Sensor is hands and voice-free, and it does not record, store, or share your personal settings or data. Automation rules and preferences are stored locally on your phone and the sensor. RoomMe does not have cloud or Internet connectivity and doesn't integrate with external automation triggers or manual adjustments. This makes RoomMe more secure, more private, and more unique compared to any other automation sensor or system available.
- RoomMe Sensor
- Installation Hardware
- Instruction Manual
- One sensor is required per room where room-level automation is required.
- A Bluetooth-enabled smartphone is required to be in the same room as the sensor in order to operate.
- A minimum of two sensors is recommended for an intuitive automated smart home experience.
Personalized Smart Home Experience – Intellithings
Established in 2014, Intellithings develops solutions that enable products and services to offer personalized automation. Their flagship, patented technology, RoomMe Sensor, is a unique union of sensor and mobile app configuration to bring the concept of person-specific automation for Smart Homes. For the first time ever, the RoomMe sensor fulfills the promise of the Smart Home industry by automating daily repetitive tasks based on the context of the presence of specific people in a room. Integrated with the Smart Home systems and devices consumers already have, RoomMe adds the AI Smart Homes currently lack, making Smart Homes Smarter.
- Manufacturer Part #: INTL00001
- Diameter: 15.2cm / 6.1in
- Height: 4.5 cm / 1.77in
- Mounting: Ceiling, at room entrance
- Wireless: Bluetooth Low Energy
- Batteries: 2x Alkaline D Type (Not included)
- Approvals: FCC
- Warranty: Limited 1 year