IST RETRO Music & Intercom Master Station
Retrofit an Intercom & Audio System
Designed to replace an existing intercom master station, the IST RETRO Music & Intercom Master Station provides a convenient upgrade without requiring drywall repair. As the main intercom station and the distribution hub for the IST RETRO system, this unit allows you to communicate with and play music through other Room/Patio/Door Stations (sold separately). The master unit supports up to 13 zones, enabling intercom communication and music distribution capabilities for your entire home.
- Main hub for the IST RETRO Music & Intercom System
- Uses only 3 wires, can be used to replace existing 3, 4, or 6 wire intercom system
- Supports up to 13 intercom/audio zones (rooms)
- Integrated speaker/mic for local music and intercom
- Phone dock and inputs for external audio sources
- Accepts wire-in external speakers for enhanced audio
How the System Works
Driven by this Master Station, the IST RETRO Music & Intercom System is a modern, full-featured music distribution and intercom system that interconnects up to 13 rooms of your home, as well as two doors and your Master Station.
- Master Station: As the hub of the system, the Master Station links all other stations with one another. It retrofits into the hole of your pre-existing master intercom unit and optionally supports external speakers in addition to other intercom stations. The unit features a built-in AM/FM radio with 10 presets, a dock for MP3 players and other audio sources, USB and Firewire charging ports, and an optional door release feature. You can also control volume levels, bass and treble levels, clock settings, and privacy settings.
- Room/Patio Stations (sold separately): Each indoor Room Station and outdoor Patio Station allows you to communicate with other stations in the system and play music distributed from the Master Station. When a call is initiated from any station, all stations will be paged for the call. When the call is answered, the conversation becomes private to the two stations involved, and the receiving station can talk hands-free. You can use any Room Station to listen in on other individual or multiple stations, perfect for monitoring children. Patio Stations do not have this feature to ensure privacy.
- Door Stations (sold separately): When a visitor presses the doorbell button on the Door Station, all the stations in your system will produce your selected doorbell chime. You can then answer the door from any station.
You can create an entire whole-room audio system with any Master, Room, or Patio Station by optionally connecting 8-ohm external speakers (sold separately) to the station.
Maximum Number of Stations
- (11) Room Stations
- (2) Patio Stations (or 2 additional room stations)
- (2) Door Stations
- (1) Auxiliary Input Unit
The IST RETRO Master Station is designed to work with most existing master station housings. To determine if you can use the existing housing, measure its inside height and width. If it measures between 14-1/8 and 14-3/8 inches in width and at least 5-3/4 inches high, you should be able to use the existing housing. If you find that you cannot use the existing housing, you will need to remove it and install an IST Intercom Rough-In Kit (I2000H).
Note: Requires add-on Room, Patio or Door Stations for intercom communication.
IST Takes You Inside Your Sound
Since 2005, IntraSonic Technology (IST) has been enriching the residential audio experience by manufacturing robust yet easy-to-use home audio systems. The IST product line offers a premium home audio selection, including music distribution systems, video door intercom systems, and associated accessories. Envelop yourself "inside your sound" with IntraSonic Technology.
- Manufacturer Part #: RETRO-M
- External Speakers Supported: 8-ohm speakers, max. 4 pair (8 total)
- Master Station Dimensions: 15-1/2(W) x 6-5/8(H) inches
- Housing Dimensions: 14-1/2 x 5-3/4 x 3-1/4 inches (sold separately)
- Warranty: 2 Years Limited