HomeSeer HomeTroller Zee S2 Home Automation Controller
Compact, Powerful Z-Wave Controller
Develop a Z-Wave smart home system using the HomeSeer HomeTroller Zee S2 as your foundation. This palm-sized home controller is powerful enough to manage an entire collection of Z-Wave devices and more. Upgraded from the original Zee model, the Zee S2 also supports X10 and Insteon devices, plus a few plug-ins. Additionally, the Zee S2 includes HomeSeer's cloud-based "myHomeSeer Remote" service for free, giving you remote access to your smart home system from anywhere you have Internet. You can easily control devices, change events, and troubleshoot issues whenever you like.
- Remote access via free Apple and Android apps
- "Z-Wave Plus" certified for wide compatibility
- Supports up to 5 Linux plug-ins, including Z-Wave and X10
- Faster processor with increased RAM and double the storage
- Powerful engine for creating if/then events
- Spoken announcements, alerts and reminders
- Fully customizable email and text alerts
With a built-in web server, the HomeTroller Zee S2 offers convenient remote control of your smart devices through a free mobile app (HS3Touch) for Android and iOS, available in the Apple Store and Google Play Store. Its graphical user interface (GUI) is designed for use with touchscreens, smartphones, tablets and other devices.
The Zee S2 is also accessible via desktop PCs through clients that are freely available for Windows, Windows CE and Linux devices. Program navigation is simple with cascading menus. You can jump quickly from one part of the interface to any other with just a click. The menu bar remains active and always available even when you scroll down pages.
The HomeTroller Zee S2 runs on an energy-efficient Linux platform and uses full boolean logic with a simplified workflow.
Create & Group If/Then Events
Alerts are made possible by the Zee S2's counters, timers, and if/then events. Timers and counters may be created alone or within events.
If/then events give you the power to automatically trigger an action upon a separate occurrence within your network. You could, for example, create an event that triggers a Z-Wave deadbolt on your front door to lock as soon as a Z-Wave motion sensor detects activity on your property.
This type of individual event can be grouped with other events to make event creation more powerful. While a single event can have its own conditions and actions, an entire group can also have group conditions and group actions. If you create a "Manage Security" group, for instance, you could trigger multiple Z-Wave deadbolts to lock upon motion detection without having to create an event for each individual deadbolt. HomeTroller Zee S2 allows you to create an unlimited number of event groups with unlimited if/then events in each group.
Trigger event actions based on any of the following:
- Conditions (many)
- Status change of any device
- Absolute time
- Sunrise/sunset (with offset)
- By email received
- Security panel events
- By matched infrared
- Recurring at regular second/minute intervals
- I/O events from controllers
- Events from plug-ins
In response to event triggers, these actions (and more) may be performed:
- Send lighting control signals (operate devices)
- Play sounds or speak using text-to-speech
- Send email
- Run a script
- Trigger another event
- Dial a network connection
- Media Player functions
- Plug-in functions
- Web Camera functions
- Phone functions such as dialing a phone number or extension phone
Versatile Alerts Sent Over the Web
In addition to providing remote control, the HomeTroller Zee S2 offers remote home monitoring. You can receive custom alerts, announcements and reminders from the controller via emails, text messages, or phone calls (text-to-speech). Set up an alert, for example, to let you know when your home's energy consumption rises above 5,000 Watts more than three times in one hour.
The controller's text-to-speech technology creates a digital human voice to provide audible reminders, alerts and announcements. Listen to your system announce incoming phone calls, motion at the front door, news, weather, medicine schedules, appointments and more. Voice alerts can also be sent to any computer on your home network or the Internet. The unit offers one of the most natural, easy-to-understand digital voices available today.
Easily Add & Manage Z-Wave Devices
Improved over the original Zee, the Zee S2 has a built-in Z-Wave interface that simplifies inclusion of Z-Wave devices, which is accomplished through the web interface. Once added, devices can be managed as individuals or by group within the user interface. Displaying like devices together in a group allows for easy sorting and filtering in the device management screen.
Images may be assigned to any device in your network, providing a simple way to visually identify the exact device you wish to monitor, control or edit! Furthermore, the "Device Status" view in the device management screen allows you to create graphical illustrations of your system and to monitor device status in real time. "Device Status" view is accessible from any web browser (mobile or desktop), and devices can be controlled with a click of the mouse or the touch of a finger.
Import your own images and/or floor plans for a completely custom management interface. A built-in drag/drop editor even allows you to quickly designate various locations around your home and place devices precisely where you want to install them.
Multi-Network Support for Multiple Locations or Large Homes
The Zee S2 features scalable Z-Wave support, allowing you to access multiple Z-Wave networks from a single interface. This makes it easy to extend your Z-Wave network to different buildings or areas, such as a second home, two separate zones in a single larger home, or a detached garage.
Z-Wave Plus Certification
Z-Wave Plus is an upgraded certification program to help you identify products that take advantage of the "Next Gen" Z-Wave hardware platform, also known as 500 Series or Gen5 Z-Wave. Z-Wave Plus certified solutions feature a selected set of extended features and capabilities that enhance your experience with faster and easier installation and setup. Z-Wave Plus advancements also provide longer battery life, faster operation, better wireless range and improved noise immunity.
- HomeTroller Zee S2 with Built-in Z-Wave Interface (US)
- AC Power Adapter with Micro USB Cable
- Ethernet Cable
- Rubber Feet
- Quick Start Guide
- HomeTroller Zee S2 supports up to five Linux drivers (plug-ins), including X10, Insteon, and more. The full versions of HomeSeer HomeTrollers (sold separately) offer additional capabilities.
- The Zee S2 is designed to support only a few Linux/DLL plug-ins, and not EXE plug-ins, due to the unit's limited memory, compared to the full versions of HomeSeer HomeTrollers.
- If you have an existing HS3PRO license, it will work with the HS3PRO Linux version of the software, HOWEVER, the HS3-Pi software that comes with the Zee S2 is not the same software and uses different licensing.
Home Automation For Your Life And Family
HomeSeer can be used to monitor and control lighting, appliances, climate, security, telephones, irrigation, window shades and home entertainment equipment. Then mix and match any combination of interfaces you like to suit the needs of your family. Control the system with your choice of in-wall button controllers, touchscreens, wireless remotes, microphones, mobile devices, standard telephones (voice and touch-tone control), and personal computers.
All HomeSeer home automation systems are web-enabled to allow access to your home while you're away at work or on vacation. Easily keep tabs on your home and family using any web browser from anywhere. Receive emails or calls when things happen at home or people come and go.
Now, with HomeSeer home automation, you can finally have the peace of mind that comes from knowing your family is safe and secure and your home is operating at peak efficiency!
- Manufacturer Part #: HT-ZEE-S2
- Z-Wave Chip: 500 Series
- Operating System: Linux
- Control Software: HS3 Pi S2
- Available Drivers (Plug-Ins): Choice of 5 Linux plug-ins
- Processor (CPU): Quad-Core 960 MHz
- RAM: 1 GB
- Primary Storage: 8 GB SD
- Ports: 4 USB Ports, LAN Port, HDMI Port, Split Audio
- Z-Wave Interface: Built-in Z-Wave Plus certified interface (US)
- AC Power Adapter: C(UL)US approved, 100-240V, 50/60Hz in, 5V 1A out, US style plug
- Unit Dimensions: 4.4 x 3.8 x 1 inches (113 x 97 x 27mm)
- Power Usage: 3 Watts
- Requirements: Internet Connected Router
- Certifications: Z-Wave Plus, CE, FCC, (UL-power)
HomeSeer Smartphone App
HS3Touch is HomeSeer’s official free mobile app for use with all HomeSeer home automation systems. HS3Touch provides quick and easy remote access using HomeSeer’s free MyHomeSeer-Remote cloud-based remote access service. An optional software tool (HSTouch Designer) allows the mobile app to be fully customized with your choice of backgrounds, buttons, graphics and other design elements.
Note: Do not update to this app if you are using HS2, stay on the app you have.
Download this app directly from the App Store. Click below.