HomeSeer HomeTroller-SEL Home Automation Controller
Fast & Affordable Smart Home Hub
Designed to support a comprehensive smart home automation system, the HomeSeer HomeTroller-SEL Home Automation Controller is a software-based hub with a built-in web server that allows you to control your home through your computer or over the Internet. The unit gives you flexible control over lighting, door locks, thermostats, security, A/V equipment, garage doors, cameras, and other connected objects around your home.
- Control your home over the Internet with no monthly fees
- Compatible with Z-Wave, UPB, X10 and more
- Voice control and voice programming
- Mobile access via free Apple and Android apps
- Fan-less, disk-less operation with no moving parts
- Works with all Linux-based HomeSeer plug-ins
The Controller supports devices from many Z-Wave manufacturers, including (but not limited to) Aeon Labs, RCS, GE, Leviton, Linear, Honeywell, Everspring, Evolve, Kwikset, Schlage, Baldwin, Yale, Cooper, Fibaro, and FortrezZ. The controller is also compatible with X10 and UPB lighting controls, Global Caché iTach devices, and more.
The SEL unit is equipped with "lite" HS3 software and the HSTouch Lite graphical user interface (GUI) for use with touchscreens, smart phones, tablets and other devices. To use this, simply download and install the appropriate HSTouch "client" for the device you wish to use. The iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch clients are in the Apple iTunes store (search for "HSTouch"); the Android client is available in the Google Play Store. HSTouch-Lite works with HomeSeer's standard, pre-designed templates only.
HS3 (New) vs Older HS Software
- New event timers and counters: Use timers and counters within any event.
- New multi-device grouping feature: Group devices for multi-device products.
- Multiple Z-Wave networks are supported
- Multiple instances of plug-ins now supported
- New event creation system: Events are easier to create and edit.
- New group conditions and actions: Alter the behavior of many events at once.
- Drag/drop event elements: Drag event actions and conditions up or down the list.
- Device management page updates in realtime: No longer requires a "refresh".
- New device status view: Create your own graphical layout of devices.
- New device image feature: Assign images to devices.
- Cascading menu navigation: All major functions may be accessed via drop down, cascading menus.
Control Your Home Wherever You Are!
The controller can be accessed from any web-enabled device, including laptops, smart phones, tablets, etc. Easily change schedules and troubleshoot issues whenever you like. This is an excellent solution for people on the go, vacationers, and/or second-home owners.
HomeSeer's standard cloud-based "myHomeSeer Remote" service provides easy remote access without storing your sensitive data in the cloud. With HomeSeer, your intelligence stays at home, ensuring better security and reliability.
Packed with Programming Features
Text-To-Speech: The controller's text-to-speech technology creates a digital human voice to provide audible reminders, alerts and announcements. Listen to your system announce incoming phone calls, motion at the front door, news, weather, medicine schedules, appointments and more. Voice alerts can also be sent to any computer on your home network or the internet. The unit offers one of the most natural, easy-to-understand digital voices available today.
Voice Recognition/Voice Control: Any computer on your home network or on the internet (WAN) can be used to control your system with voice commands. Voice commands may also be issued by telephone using HomeSeer Phone software (sold separately).
Trigger event actions based on any of the following:
- Conditions (many)
- Status change of any device
- Absolute time
- Sunrise/sunset (with offset)
- By email received
- Security panel events
- By matched infrared
- Recurring at regular second/minute intervals
- I/O events from controllers
- Events from plug-ins
In response to event triggers, these actions (and more) may be performed:
- Send lighting control signals (operate devices)
- Play sounds or speak using text-to-speech
- Send email
- Run a script
- Trigger another event
- Dial a network connection
- Media Player functions
- Plug-in functions
- Web Camera functions
- Phone functions such as dialing a phone number or extension phone
Quality Software Design and Protection
The embedded operating system is locked (write-protected) to prevent unwanted changes and to guard against file corruption from virus, spyware and malware attacks. An open Application Program Interface (API) is included for programmers to add support for just about any custom or proprietary systems that may be required.
HSProtect technology prevents unwanted writes to your operating system during normal operation. With HSProtect, it's virtually impossible to corrupt any files on the C drive. The HomeTroller system is monitored using a system tray application. Current status of your system may be checked by hovering your mouse over the HSProtect system tray icon.
HSSentry acts as a hardware watchdog that is reset from within the HomeSeer scheduler. If the scheduler stops running for any reason, HSSentry will reset the unit. This results in nearly 100 percent uptime for the unit.
Fully Customizable for Complete Control
HomeTroller is designed for easy installation and configuration by any homeowner. The unit features an easy-to-use, menu-driven interface for setup and configuration.
Add-Ons: Software add-ons are referred to as "plug-ins". They enhance the operation of the HomeTroller by adding functionality such as integration with a security panel, infrared controller, or media player application like MS Windows Media Player or Apple's iTunes media player.
- HomeTroller-SEL Controller with HS3
- Universal Power Adapter (US plug)
- HS3 Z-Wave Plug-in
Note: Requires an Internet connection and a compatible Z-Wave interface to support Z-Wave device inclusion/exclusion. Only Internet and Z-Wave capabilities are initially supported. Additional plug-ins (as well as hardware) are required to support other protocols, such as UPB, X10, etc.
Home Automation For Your Life And Family
HomeSeer can be used to monitor and control lighting, appliances, climate, security, telephones, irrigation, window shades and home entertainment equipment. Then mix and match any combination of interfaces you like to suit the needs of your family. Control the system with your choice of in-wall button controllers, touchscreens, wireless remotes, microphones, PDAs, PocketPCs, telephones (voice and touch-tone control) and personal computers.
All HomeSeer home automation systems are web-enabled to allow access to your home while you're away at work or on vacation. Easily keep tabs on your home and family using any web browser from anywhere. Receive emails or calls when things happen at home or people come and go.
Now, with HomeSeer home automation, you can finally have the peace of mind that comes from knowing your family is safe and secure and your home is operating at peak efficiency!
- Manufacturer Part #: HT-SEL
- Embedded Control Software: HS3
- Operating System: Linux
- Mechanical: Fan-less, diskless design
- Processor (CPU): 1.58 GHz Dual-Core Celeron with 1 MB Cache
- Memory: 2 GB DDR
- USB Ports: 3
- Audio: Split Mic in / Line out
- Network: RJ45 Ethernet
- Monitor: HDMI, VGA
- Boot Time: < 20 Seconds
- Storage: 32 GB SSD
- Ports: LAN, 3x USB, HDMI, VGA, Split Audio
- Power Consumption: 10 Watts (nominal)
- Power Supply: 120-240v, 50/60Hz
- Compatibility Requirements:
- Z-Stick required for use with Z-Wave
- CM15a required for use with X10
- Dimensions: 4.5(W) x 2.25(H) x 4.25(D) inches
- Certifications: UL, CE, CCC, FCC
HomeSeer Smartphone App
HS3Touch is HomeSeer’s official free mobile app for use with all HomeSeer home automation systems. HS3Touch provides quick and easy remote access using HomeSeer’s free MyHomeSeer-Remote cloud-based remote access service. An optional software tool (HSTouch Designer) allows the mobile app to be fully customized with your choice of backgrounds, buttons, graphics and other design elements.
Note: Do not update to this app if you are using HS2, stay on the app you have.
Download this app directly from the App Store. Click below.