Leviton UPB Relay Wall Switch, 15A (Open Box)
UPB-Compatible Lighting Control Switches
The UPB 15Amp Relay Switch controls non-dimming loads and is ideal for heavier loads (up to 15 amps) or for motors, such as ceiling fans that may hum when used with Dimming or Non-Dimming switches. It works as a standalone switch or may be used with other UPB products from Leviton Security & Automation, including Scene Switches, House Status Switches, and home control systems to provide sophisticated lighting control. The 15A Relay switch comes equipped with a multi-color LED indicator, which may be set to off, blue, red, or magenta. The default setting for the LED is blue when the light is OFF and when the switch is ON the LED is off. You may change these default colors by using the UPB UPStart Configuration software.
It also incorporates the UPB two-way powerline communication technology that gives it the ability to be remotely controlled by UPB compatible controllers. The UPB Relay Switch is also capable of transmitting UPB messages when the rocker switch is turned on or off.
Available Color: The default color for the 15A Relay Switch is White. Switch Color Change Kits are available.
UPB Home Lighting Control Simplified!
Previously known as HAI (Home Automation, Inc.), the Leviton Security & Automation lighting controls allow you to experience all of the benefits of a sophisticated lighting control system that is ideal for both new homes as well as retrofit installations. Lighting control can enhance the enjoyment and value of your home, add security for peace of mind, and contribute to savings on your energy bill. Leviton's UPB lighting products are a modular system, so you can easily add rooms or lights anytime, updating as your needs change. There is no need to run new wires as long as you have standard residential wiring. For retrofits or expansion, simply replace the existing light switch with a UPB switch.
- Requires a neutral (white) connection wire.
- If you are using a Leviton Security & Automation system with your switch you must install a UPB PIM and cable (36A00-1).
- If you are using the UPStart Configuration software you must install an UPB PIM and cable (36A00-1) and a cable to connect your PIM to a computer (36A05-2).
- Single-Tap / Top Rocker: Turns the load fully on
- Single-Tap / Bottom Rocker: Snaps Turns the load fully off
- Incandescent Loads, Inductive Loads and Fluorescent Loads: Yes
- Motor Operated Appliances: Yes
- Current Max: 15A
- Connections: 18 GA
- LED Indicator: Yes
- Dimensions: 4.1"H x 1.75"W x 1.45"D
- Weight: 0.25 lbs
- Mounting: Standard J Box
- Input Power: 120 ± 12 VAC
- Input Frequency: 60 ± 3 Hz
- Operating Temperature: -40° F to 104° F
- A Phase Coupler (39A00-1) is recommended for every UPB lighting control installation
Compliant with Title 24, an energy code designed to decrease energy consumption through the regulation of approved lighting control devices.