Greenfield Z-Wave Automatic Security Valve Clamp-On Actuator
Add Z-Wave to Your Existing Water Supply Valve
To enable Z-Wave remote control for your home's water supply, the GreenField Z-Wave Automatic Security Valve Clamp-On Actuator connects to the existing ball valve on your copper water line and wires into the included Z-Wave module, which communicates with any Z-Wave controller. When a flood sensor (sold separately), for example, is tripped in your Z-Wave system, you can have the Clamp-On Actuator automatically close the ball valve to stop the water flow to your home and prevent property damage.
- Opens and closes your home's existing main copper water valve
- Includes Z-Wave module for use with most Z-Wave controllers
- Provides feedback when the valve is open or closed
- Approved for drinking water applications in all 50 states
- Brackets mount to copper pipe 3/4" or 1" in size
- DIY installation, no plumber required
Designed for DIY installation, no plumber is required to set up the actuator with your existing ball valve. The high-torque actuator actuator simply clamps onto a copper pipe measuring either 3/4" or 1" in size, and the included manual handle connects to the ball valve. Because the rugged actuator is waterproof and weatherproof, it can be installed either indoors or outdoors.
You can manually open and close your ball valve with the handle anytime. The handle is also what allows remote control. Remote control is enabled when you wire the actuator into the included FortrezZ MIMOlite Z-Wave module, and pair the module with your Z-Wave controller (sold separately). A control arm on the actuator, connected to the manual handle, can then move the manual handle automatically. Z-Wave integration also allows the actuator to provide feedback indicating whether the valve is open or closed.
How the Z-Wave Module Works
The included FortrezZ MIMOlite Z-Wave module is capable of converting a digital or analog voltage input and/or a Z-Wave RF message input into a dry contact relay output and/or a Z-Wave RF message output, making it incredibly flexible for a wide variety of applications. It has an input for digital or analog devices operating at 0 to 16VDC (or up to 16Hz for pulse counting), and it has a true 12V-24V dry voltage relay output (normally open/normally closed) with a maximum switching power of 120W.
The module supports either latching or momentary/pulsing applications. When used as a momentary relay, you can adjust the timing from 32 milliseconds (default) up to 3 seconds.
- Clamp-On Actuator (ASVCOA)
- FortrezZ MIMOlite (MIMOLITEUS)
- Mounting Brackets
- Mounting Hardware
- Manual Handle
- Power Supplies
NOTE: Requires a Z-Wave network controller, sold separately. For use with copper piping ONLY.
About Greenfield Direct
For more than 35 years, GreenField Direct has focused on manufacturing water detection security products with rigorous standards regarding design and performance. By leveraging its extensive industry knowledge, service expertise and technological capabilities, GreenField offers proven products that give homeowners effective water detection solutions and greater peace of mind.
- Manufacturer Part #: ASVCOA-Z
- Warranty: 1 Year
Clamp-On Actuator (ASVCOA)
- Power Source: 12/24 volt DC or 24 volt AC power supply (included)
- Input: 100-240V ~50/60Hz 1.0A MAX
- Output: 18V 2.22A
- Housing Ratings: NEMA 6P (waterproof); NEMA 7D (ignition proof)
- Approvals: UL listed
FortrezZ MIMOlite (MIMOLITEUS)
- Power: 9-16 VDC from a power supply at ~300mA capability (included)
- Frequency: 908.4MHz (U.S.) Z-Wave
- Wireless Range: Max 100 feet line of sight in unobstructed environment
- Input Signal 1 (SIG1): Digital or Analog Input 0 to 16VDC or 16 Hz Max for pulse counting (minimum 32 ms high or low time). The trigger levels and hysteresis can be set via the Configuration Command Class for the two endpoints.
- Input Signal Impedance: For SIG1: Z=66 ohms at 10KHz. This impedance is = 66 ohm = 34 ohm + j 540uH.
- Output Relay 1: DPDT, Max. Switching power of 120W; 10uA to 10A; High Dielectric strength coil-contacts: 1,000VAC.
- Open Contacts: 750VAC; Conforms to FCC Part 68 requirements; Ag + Au clad bifurcated contacts fully sealed.
- System Requirement: Any Z-Wave enabled network and controller
- Operating Temperature: 14° to 158°F (-10° to 70°C)
- Enclosure Size: 3-3/8(L) x 2-1/2(W) x 1-1/4(D) inches (85 x 64 x 30mm)
- Weight: 4 ounces (100 g)
- Approvals: FCC, IC
»GreenField ASVCOA Automatic Security Valve Clamp-On Actuator Quick Start Guide (.pdf)
»GreenField ASVCOA Automatic Security Valve Clamp-On Actuator Installation Manual (.pdf)
»GreenField Automatic Security Valve for FortrezZ MIMOlite Installation Manual (.pdf)
»FortrezZ MIMOlite Wireless Interface/Bridge Module Installation Manual (.pdf)
»FortrezZ MIMOlite Wireless Interface/Bridge Module Technical Drawing (.pdf)
»FortrezZ MIMOlite for Vera Controllers Installation Manual (.pdf)
»FortrezZ MIMOlite and HomeSeer HS2 Binary Sensor Reporting Application Note (.pdf)